****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 80 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk is more and more that he's going to be our pick. Let's see how much our new OC has a say in this.

"physical tools"? ****ing Mel Kiper-speak BS. go beat off to Kyle Boller vids

Well I have broken down film and think he is
QB3. Not some scrub who is unable to play but a guy with flaws who will need a lot of coaching.
I’ll also say, I don’t break down film. I did watch quite a few of his games, the good and the bad. I’m not on here saying he’s the next coming of Marino, or the next Ryan leaf. But I find a lot of people just go off what others say, like the tweet mentioned.
I enjoy reading your posts/opinions on players. You put out some nice thought out posts.

What's your best/worst case scenarios for him and why?

Best case like best as in the floor/ceiling talent or the team he could go to?

His best case as in reaching his maximum ceiling he would likely be Carson Wentz. I think he has the size the arm strength and the athleticism. I think he is coachable from what you saw in the senior bowl week I think he’s ready to learn I think he knows his flaws. But will he be able to make up for some of his weakness? Like dropping his eyes to see the pass rush coming, his inability to adjust his throws on every level and how slowly he comes off his reads to find his secondary receivers, on top of all of that he throws from an inconsistent base and the second he faces pressure completely breaks down. My biggest thing is that he moves a lot when he throws; his hips and his head move a lot and that’s not good if you want to be consistently accurate.

So because of all of that I would say his floor is probably Kyle Boller a super athletic big arm guy who just never can get used to the speed of the NFL and maybe could be a back up and catch some lightning here and there but otherwise is pretty mediocre at best.

Honestly I think the best place for him to go would be Tampa Bay he could sit behind Brady learn about consistency and mechanics consistency with preparation how to deal with pressure, how to deal with changes in defense, learn to audible be under center etc. Bruce Arians a pretty imaginative coach so he would definitely develop a system to his strengths but learning from somebody like Brady for two years would be invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom