****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 87 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I've been hearing just the opposite of that. Colin Cowherd said today that the more he talks to NFL types the more he is hearing that they are not as high on Herbert as Colin is.
I've read the exact opposite

Cristobal learned from Saban too.

:lol:

Just more excuses for guys to use to talk themselves into a specific player.
He was a OL coach under Saban though. Not sure he's very good at developing QBs. Tua got to work with Sarkisian,Dabol and Locksley. Very good OCs

Cristobal learned from Saban too.

:lol:

Just more excuses for guys to use to talk themselves into a specific player.

The actually sounds more like what the Tua fanatics are doing.

I’m actually ok with drafting any of the top 4 QB’s in this draft...Burrow I would trade up for, Tua is fine at 5 but I seriously doubt he’ll stay healthy in the NFL. I think Herbert is an ascending player worthy of 5. Love is a trade down or at 18.

Last edited:
if it happened 2 years ago during spring practice, not so much.

why didnt they just say it then like all the other injuries?

It happens...probably since it was out of the normal season it just got unreported...I don’t know.

The point for me is he gets hurt a lot...will he hold up at a Harding hitting... longer season level when he’s not QB’ing the most stacked roster in the league he’s playing in?

With Burrow and Tua you see a well established set in their ways old school ground and pound coach totally change their philosophy and go wide open with a elite talent QB. Why didn’t Cristobal do the same, is he just a bad coach or does he doubt talent/not know talent?

I think he’s a conservative “Dave Wannstedt”, “Tony Sparano” type...Bad coach in my opinion.

I dont want to say something that's considered a knee jerk; over reaction but if we end up with Herbert as our QB of the future I will look at this entire tear down/rebuild as an utter failure. Ruined by gross negligence of the scouting department and utter incompetence of Chris Grier.

Herbert is absolutely inconsistent. The only consistent thing about him, is his inconsistency. I dont care how he looks in shorts or how tall he is or how he played in the senior bowl or how good his hair is or how hot his gf is.

Herbert disappears in games. Harbert has long stretches where he just looks pedestrian. Every good throw of Herbert's is usually surrounded by a sting of 3 and outs on offense.

He simply will not be a Star in the NFL. Herbert's ceiling is Tannehills 2019 season with the Titans.

Drafting Herbert not only will ruin the next 5 years at least of this franchise, it will do irrepriable harm to this fan base. Specifically, me personally, I had this EXACT SAME evaluation of Tannehill and had to suffer for 8 years watching him fail, over and over and over again. I simply cant endure another 5 to 8 years of someone like Tannehill/Herbert. We might as well call him Tannebert because that's what we will be getting!

I agree.

Why tear down a team, only to rebuild it in the exact same model as the team you just tore down?

I watched Rose Bowl replay to get another look at Herbert, consider me underwhelmed.

He does have a strong arm, but he didn’t display the ability to put any touch on the ball consistently, accuracy was questionable on anything but short passes.

The horizontal and conservative nature of the Oregon offense has been discussed, but it’s difficult to know if that style was holding Herbert back, or if the staff didn’t think him capable of playing a more vertical passing attack. At the very least, not seeing Herbert play more vertically is cause for concern.

When I watch Herbert play, guys like Tannehill and the Allen kid from Buffalo come to mind, I don’t see special.

An excellent breakdown of Herbert's flaws.

All of those things...and that doesn't even include his lack of leadership and weird introverted personality.

I wouldn't assume Tua's agent would be so quick to advise he publicly refute any claim of undisclosed injuries. Doing so gives the media more reason to talk about it and thereby lending it some credibility. I think a smart agent tells him to not dignify it with a response.

Oh, you mean he was healthy enough to play college football? That's nice. :lol:
Great, he was healthy. Is that how low our bar is for who we use a #5 pick on.

If you don't trust Tua's health, I don't blame you. But the only place where I see Herbert listed or described as an elite talent is in mock drafts.

Most scouting reports do not describe a player that is a top prospect. He is simply the third best QB in a shallow QB draft, so he gets slotted to the third QB needy team on the board.

I know to take PFF with a grain of salt, but his numbers there are totally unimpressive. They list him as a very late first round talent there.

Accuracy is BY FAR the skill that translates most. Not height or throwing power.

I want a QB as desperately as anyone. But I'm not willing to make what what I consider such a large reach to get one.

We have a ton of picks in the next 2 drafts, including 9 in the first 2 rounds. And it's not like one of next year's first rounders can't be a top pick. Houston has talent, but I see that team as a prime candidate to implode based on how their recent moves have likely impacted their chemistry. Just look at any Houston player's tweets after the Hopkins trade.

If there isn't a top ten caliber prospect available, we don't HAVE to use that first pick on one. Let the draft come to you. Don't blindly chase for need.

Just sayin' given the rather obvious flaws/questions surrounding this QB group
coming out I would not be at all surprised if a kid like Jacob Eason ends up being
best in show.

One thing the NFL game shows over and over -- it's really hard to project the
growth/transition/emergence of a college QB at the next level.

Lots of failures, lots of late bloomers. Kids like Mahomes are super rare and
pretty much impossible to ID with a high degree of certainty.

That said, I have not given up on Rosen. I know he gets trashed around here
but if ??? he can grow into the NFL QB position the kid has a lot of chops.

I know it's a big question but i kinda like his odds about as much as the current crop.
Maybe just wishful thinking on my part but the possibility remains nonetheless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom