****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 89 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sayin' given the rather obvious flaws/questions surrounding this QB group
coming out I would not be at all surprised if a kid like Jacob Eason ends up being
best in show.

One thing the NFL game shows over and over -- it's really hard to project the
growth/transition/emergence of a college QB at the next level.

Lots of failures, lots of late bloomers. Kids like Mahomes are super rare and
pretty much impossible to ID with a high degree of certainty.

That said, I have not given up on Rosen. I know he gets trashed around here
but if ??? he can grow into the NFL QB position the kid has a lot of chops.

I know it's a big question but i kinda like his odds about as much as the current crop.
Make just wishful thinking on my part but the possibility remains nonetheless.
I wish I had the same faith in Rosen as you do. Before he was drafted I didnt have him ranked as a future hall of famer but I definitely didnt have him looking as bad as he has so far. I have faith Rosen will improve but not sure how much at this point.

I'd rather let Rosen have another chance then invest the #5 pick in Herbert that's for sure.

Ok. I don;lt want Herbert. Most know that. But if that's the play, why not trade with LAC to let them get Tua who they probably want and we get
that would still involve us disclosing to the agent, prospect, or family member about or intentions. It’s still a leak. It’s still a big problem if we draft the player from the leak. It means something is very, very wrong with the inter operations of this franchise.
Why would we do any of that? Everyone we have is from the BB tree where the philosophy is treat everyone like a mushroom. Feed them **** and keep them in the dark until draft day. Reporters and analysts are chucking darts at the board.

Everyone needs to familiarize themselves with the word Apophenia. Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 1.12.11 PM.png

This word exactly explains;ains what we will all be living through for the next 9 days...

Ok. I don;lt want Herbert. Most know that. But if that's the play, why not trade with LAC to let them get Tua who they probably want and we get

Why would we do any of that? Everyone we have is from the BB tree where the philosophy is treat everyone like a mushroom. Feed them **** and keep them in the dark until draft day. Reporters and analysts are chucking darts at the board.

Everyone needs to familiarize themselves with the word Apophenia. View attachment 43755

This word exactly explains;ains what we will all be living through for the next 9 days...

Ya I’m familiar with the concept but even with that self awareness, it just isn’t enough to prevent me from worrying the Dolphins are going to repeat history once again. It another psychological term called catastrophic thinking and a lot of us have developed this due to the decisions by the Dolphins the past 20 years.

Ya I’m familiar with the concept but even with that self awareness, it just isn’t enough to prevent me from worrying the Dolphins are going to repeat history once again. It another psychological term called catastrophic thinking and a lot of us have developed this due to the decisions by the Dolphins the past 20 years.
Right. Well if you can't be hopeful at this point with this much ammo, I don't know.

Herbert is an intelligent kid. It's the football instincts that are lacking.

There's not very many 6'6" quarterbacks with big arms, elongated deliveries, slow eyes, slow processors, with scattershot accuracy that are great quarterbacks.

Really you could've just stopped at 6'6"....

But big quarterbacks with big arms sure do hang around the league a long time and collect a lot of paychecks. Herbert will have to be a unicorn to prove his doubters wrong. I know which way I'm betting.

Love the kid though.

Herbert is an intelligent kid. It's the football instincts that are lacking.

There's not very many 6'6" quarterbacks with big arms, elongated deliveries, slow eyes, slow processors, with scattershot accuracy that are great quarterbacks.

Really you could've just stopped at 6'6"....

But big quarterbacks with big arms sure do hang around the league a long time and collect a lot of paychecks. Herbert will have to be a unicorn to prove his doubters wrong. I know which way I'm betting.

Love the kid though.
Seems like Drew Bledsoe was the last "good" QB that was super tall...but even then, he was only good for a few years. I always think of Dan McGwire when I think of giant QBs and their lack of successes.

Seems like Drew Bledsoe was the last "good" QB that was super tall...but even then, he was only good for a few years. I always think of Dan McGwire when I think of giant QBs and their lack of successes.

Yes even tall guys like Bledsoe, Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Cam Newton, etc. are 6'5". You're hunting for unicorns once you start getting in the 6'6" range.

It's just too difficult to find consistency with your mechanics at that height with long levers. And every defender out there can see you just as easily as you can see them.

Yes even tall guys like Bledsoe, Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Cam Newton, etc. are 6'5". You're hunting for unicorns once you start getting in the 6'6" range.

It's just too difficult to find consistency with your mechanics at that height with long levers. And every defender out there can see you just as easily as you can see them.

It is the same for MLB pitchers once you get into 6’6” plus it’s supremely hard to line up the mechanics. There are a few unicorns but they are not riddled throughout history

it's only a positive attribute if tua has it.

I wouldn't assume Tua's agent would be so quick to advise he publicly refute any claim of undisclosed injuries. Doing so gives the media more reason to talk about it and thereby lending it some credibility. I think a smart agent tells him to not dignify it with a response.

Lol...yeah right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom