****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 88 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbert increased his under pressure completion percentage from 53% to 61% from his junior year to senior year...

What scares me the most about Herbert is something @j-off-her-doll alluded to in one of his posts. % of uncatchable throws on open targets 5-18 yards downfield: 18.1%. This guys throws a useless ball 1 out of 5 times.

Problem is if you cant manipulate DBs with your eyes at the NFL level, those balls are often catchable for the defense. He'll be sailing balls to safeties and rocket some to underneath LBs at an alarming rate.

To me when you factor 2 "abilities" in with the skill sets, "durability" and "availability" the only lock in this draft is Burrow. With the other 3 top rated QBs, IMO, we're gonna have to hope that coaching and/or adequate protection/self-realization of mobility-limitations, etc. bring out their best!

I don't like Herbert. I've tried to come around but I just can't do it. If he's being projected as #2 or #3 QB off the board shouldn't he have torn the effing PAC 10 apart? You put Tua or Herbert in there even with Oregon's WR's and they are both throwing for 65+ Tds against those wet paper bag defenses.

If we botch getting Tua, go Hurts to me.

I don't like Herbert. I've tried to come around but I just can't do it. If he's being projected as #2 or #3 QB off the board shouldn't he have torn the effing PAC 10 apart? You put Tua or Herbert in there even with Oregon's WR's and they are both throwing for 65+ Tds against those wet paper bag defenses.

If we botch getting Tua, go Hurts to me.
I prefer shooting craps with Love than Hurts

this video makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. I think a lot of us are hoping this is an Elaborate smoke screen but we all hear Miami loved Wilkins last year weeks before the draft an we ended up taking him. We have to be the worst ran team in all of professional sports if we take Herbert after leaking we liked him to EVERYBODY!

If there is a leak. If it's a Miami Dolphin employed Individual, someone needs to be fired? But my guess is, it's someone linked to the player, like an agent, family, friends or someone from the College? And if true, lots of Dolphins fans will be disappointed and lining up at the nearest bridges, to jump!!!

It's not some unknown secret. That FO has been enamored with Herbert since 2018, and were all set to draft him if he declared for the draft last year. I'm just hoping there's more people who like Tua in that FO this year than those who want Herbert.

If there is a leak. If it's a Miami Dolphin employed Individual, someone needs to be fired? But my guess is, it's someone linked to the player, like an agent, family, friends or someone from the College? And if true, lots of Dolphins fans will be disappointed and lining up at the nearest bridges, to jump!!!

that would still involve us disclosing to the agent, prospect, or family member about or intentions. It’s still a leak. It’s still a big problem if we draft the player from the leak. It means something is very, very wrong with the inter operations of this franchise.

I understand it's Grier who gets to make the final call, but I would still lose faith in Flores if he didn't counter Grier with wanting Herbert, if that is the case, with not just a "no" but a "F*** NO!"

that would still involve us disclosing to the agent, prospect, or family member about or intentions. It’s still a leak. It’s still a big problem if we draft the player from the leak. It means something is very, very wrong with the inter operations of this franchise.
Understandable, but not necessarily so. Here's why, Miami has done extensive scouting of Herbert dating back to 2018. Now let's say for arguments sake, Miami has shown the most interest and done the most background work. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that the agent and or family, friend or school are telling media types that exact news. So the media runs with what was told to them. For instance, Mike Tannenbaum scouted Herbert several times while with the Dolphins F/O. He could be the one circulating these Herbert to Miami reports as if definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom