Kalen Ballage making Miami Dolphins 2020 roster will be surprising | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage making Miami Dolphins 2020 roster will be surprising

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last season the Miami Dolphins believed that Kalen Ballage was the answer, so much so they traded Kenyan Drake. They were wrong.
The future of Kalen Ballage with the Miami Dolphins is one that may not last. In fact, as the Dolphins continue to make off-season moves like trading Charles Harris and cutting Taco Charlton, would it surprise anyone if Ballage was cut before this posts?

Waste of a 4th rd pick.

Kalen wasn't the problem, the OL was, I don't understand this site posters can't put those 2 things together, NO BLOCKING= NO RUNNING GAME, didn't you see all of the players that were in and out of Miami last season?
While I agree that OL was a huge problem, you must not have seen Ballage ducking a pass like it was the hot potato. He also lacks vision, runs too high, and cannot break tackles. The only thing he has going for him is, hes fast. He plays too soft, he’s a big man and plays like he’s Malcom Perry size.

Kalen wasn't the problem, the OL was, I don't understand this site posters can't put those 2 things together, NO BLOCKING= NO RUNNING GAME, didn't you see all of the players that were in and out of Miami last season?
Because every other RB didn’t look as miserable out there behind the same O-line like Ballage did. When Kilgore went down the O-line actually played better, there were holes every now and then and Ballage never saw them.

Ha, not sure what games you were watching but did you mention your comments to Laird and Gaskins?

Ballage just really isn't good. If he has a simple, straight line hole...he can hit it, but that's it.

Also, we didn't trade Drake because we thought Ballage was the answer. That's just wrong. Drake wanted the be the guy, and he was headed to Free Agency looking for a new deal in the off-season we traded him. It was a rebuilding process and we took the pick. We weren't wrong, we just didn't want to commit to Drake.

For the record: we now have Jordan Howard and Matt Breida under contract for about $5.25m while Drake is making $8.5m in Arizona because they slapped on the transition tag.

So, knowing that, were we wrong?

While I agree that OL was a huge problem, you must not have seen Ballage ducking a pass like it was the hot potato. He also lacks vision, runs too high, and cannot break tackles. The only thing he has going for him is, hes fast. He plays too soft, he’s a big man and plays like he’s Malcom Perry size.
Agreed. Seriously, his numbers for yards after contact are not flattering for a big man.

I tend to agree with this. He did great in 2018. Can’t imagine that type of drop off is 100% on the player.

Back
Top Bottom