Kalen Ballage making Miami Dolphins 2020 roster will be surprising | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage making Miami Dolphins 2020 roster will be surprising

I think he will make team.. he still 3rd best rb on team.

Missing from this thread is Flo and staff. I think a significant majority here want Ballage gone - wanted him gone last year. Yet, Flo kept him. Just because he looked like not-good-enough for XFL doesn't mean Flo agrees. With that as qualification, I still want him gone.

Ballage just doesn't have the vision nor the instincts so he should be gone. Yes the OL was bad but Laird and Gaskin did better running behind the same OL......Laird is the best ST's player for the 3 so it comes down to Ballage and Gaskin and Gaskin is a better pure runner.

give him another training camp. if he doesn't look improved, he gone

I think he will make team.. he still 3rd best rb on team.
I think Gaskins is the superior runnerif his knee or ankle is healthy. Gaskin when given the opportunity showed vision and the ability to shake some tackles plus he can catch the rock out of the backfield.

Missing from this thread is Flo and staff. I think a significant majority here want Ballage gone - wanted him gone last year. Yet, Flo kept him. Just because he looked like not-good-enough for XFL doesn't mean Flo agrees. With that as qualification, I still want him gone.

Well he has been given just about every opportunity, like Harris was...

The interesting thing will be with potentially no PS, it'll come down to camp and camp only. To me, you give every Ballage every shot to impress now that there is na O line that can actually make a hole for him to run through.

I think Ballage's odds are pretty even with Laird and Gaskins. I personally believe the 3rd running back role will go to someone not on the roster currently. For example, I would love to bring in Devonta Freeman on a cheap deal for depth and insurance jjust in case Breida gets injured. Everybody says Freeman has lost a step, but he's still light years ahead of anyone else Miami has fighting for the 3rd rb role.

Last edited:
While I agree that OL was a huge problem, you must not have seen Ballage ducking a pass like it was the hot potato.

I'll never forget that play.

Never...

It turned me from guy who was glad we drafted Ballage, to a guy who can't wait for him to get the hell on...in that one instance.

Well he has been given just about every opportunity, like Harris was...

People act like Ballage has been here for 5 years. He looked ok as a rookie in very limited action. Last year was just his second season and yes he didn't perform well on his 74 carries, but I think you need to look to see if last season was just a bad year for him or if that's what you're going to get every year.

He was running into a wall almost every time.. and that's a shared fault by him and the 32nd ranked OL. I'm all for giving him another shot with a reworked OL.

Kalen wasn't the problem, the OL was, I don't understand this site posters can't put those 2 things together, NO BLOCKING= NO RUNNING GAME, didn't you see all of the players that were in and out of Miami last season?

It wasn't the blocking, it's the vision. The problem with Ballage is that he is so physically gifted that if he had better vision he could make a lot of out very little. He routinely makes poor decisions when running in space. Hopefully he puts it together.

I tend to agree with this. He did great in 2018. Can’t imagine that type of drop off is 100% on the player.
Except he didn't.... In 2018 he broke one run for 75 yards against the vikings, and other than that he was average. That run boosted his yards per carry because he had like 20 carries on the year. He was behind gore and draje

That first sentence is ****ing stupid. We didn’t trade Drake but we thought Ballage was ‘the answer’.

How come you say they didn't trade. Drake? Sure they did. And before they traded him Ballage was starting.

While I agree that OL was a huge problem, you must not have seen Ballage ducking a pass like it was the hot potato. He also lacks vision, runs too high, and cannot break tackles. The only thing he has going for him is, hes fast. He plays too soft, he’s a big man and plays like he’s Malcom Perry size.
He kinda reminds me of Daniel Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom