Karlos Dansby will not be franchized per Adam Schefter | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Karlos Dansby will not be franchized per Adam Schefter

If you were staring down the barrel of a new contract and one of your top teams was Miami you would say exactly the same thing.

I have witnessed this too much in the NFL, a player expresses interest in signing with a team and in the witching hour suddenly another team snatches him up.

Ask me on March 12th if I am excited about Dansby in Miami.

You got a point, March 12th it is ... well i thought it can be earlier than that, but the contract can't be signed until that day ... nevermind March 12th it is.

But I would have to say, that at least in the NFL, usually if you come first and come correct, you got the player you want. Look at Haynesworth, Porter, Smiley, Hutchinson, etc. I am just saying ... NFL has a better track record than other pro-leagues.

Have you ever watched him play, or are you just looking up stats on the internet, and judging his play based on the defense as a whole?

He can't control a D-Line not getting to the QB. He can't control whether the DB is going to make a play on the ball or not. In this same argument, Zach Thomas wasn't a stud linebacker.

I have watched him play - many times. He'd be a big upgrade for us and I'd love for Miami to get him. My point is he is NOT a 10M/yr player. He doesn't change the game plan for an offense. I don't want to see this team get in salary cap hell getting these high priced FA's that don't dominate a game. I'll go back to Ray Lewis - as much as I don't care for his ****iness the guy can take over a game. He is worth that kind of money. Dansby is solid and compared to our ILB's is a hall of famer.

BUT I'd rather stay the course and build with young guys through the draft. Berry or McClain in the 1st rd is a no brainer. Just my opinion. I think he would be a great add but this team needs alot more than 1 guy on D and I hope they don't tie up all their money in just Dansby.

If Miami signs Dansby, he will be their Bart Scott. I have seen one player vulcanize a defense. He will do this for them. They will also draft young D players who will contribute. He will be the keystone.

If Karlos Dansby is not "the answer" for the defense, then neither is Rolando McClain.

Karlos is a nice player, a good upgrade. He wouldn't cost a draft pick and there's no salary cap so if you can win his services on a front-loaded contract that focuses on expensing as much salary as possible in 2010, then all the power to you. It frees up the ability for Miami to pick the best available player at #12 instead of where everyone is clamoring for Rolando McClain.

If Stephen Ross is up for spending the dough, then I see no reason not to do it.

That's a big IF though.

If Karlos Dansby is not "the answer" for the defense, then neither is Rolando McClain.

If Stephen Ross is up for spending the dough, then I see no reason not to do it.

That's a big IF though.

Agreed and Ross needs to be up for it. That fills a huge hole in that D and enables so much more flexibility with the pick. This deal needs to get done.

I have spent over 2 decades watching as these moves were NOT being made by Dolphins brass.

Instead of Rolando McClain? Where is the chart at that indicates that McClain isn't, nor could be the best player at #12? I would like to see it...kthanks...

CK...Awsi's little quote that you're carrying around like something Mark Twain said is cute and all....and Awsi is a great poster BTW....but he's a USC homer...

It's very strange that when I first made the comments about Damian Williams not being the biggest, or fastest, or strongest, or most athletically talented WR in the draft...but the fact that he does all the little things well is what makes him one of the "safest" WR's in this draft....Awsi was all over it....he couldn't thank that post enough.....it was poetry....

...but Williams certainly isn't a WR that's going to strike "fear" in opponents..

However, when it applies to Rolando McClain, it's simply "checking off a need box"....he's not some tape measure "freak" that's been spending more time pulling splinters out of his *** than tackling ball carriers or striking "fear" in quarterbacks...

If acquiring a 3 time All-American, Butkus Award winner, quarterback and leader of the best defense college football has probably ever seen, along with being the best linebacker in the country won't strike "fear" in teams....acquiring college backups certainly isn't going to do it....

But who needs good football players right? Not Miami......nope.....Miami can win games by "scaring" other teams to death by running a copy of 40 times and benchpress reps over to the opposing sideline....

Per NFL Network Dansby after a contract the size of the Redskins Albert Haynesworth. $40 million guaranteed

Instead of Rolando McClain? Where is the chart at that indicates that McClain isn't, nor could be the best player at #12? I would like to see it...kthanks...

CK...Awsi's little quote that you're carrying around like something Mark Twain said is cute and all....and Awsi is a great poster BTW....but he's a USC homer...

It's very strange that when I first made the comments about Damian Williams not being the biggest, or fastest, or strongest, or most athletically talented WR in the draft...but the fact that he does all the little things well is what makes him one of the "safest" WR's in this draft....Awsi was all over it....he couldn't thank that post enough.....it was poetry....

...but Williams certainly isn't a WR that's going to strike "fear" in opponents..

However, when it applies to Rolando McClain, it's simply "checking off a need box"....he's not some tape measure "freak" that's been spending more time pulling splinters out of his *** than tackling ball carriers or striking "fear" in quarterbacks...

If acquiring a 3 time All-American, Butkus Award winner, quarterback and leader of the best defense college football has probably ever seen, along with being the best linebacker in the country won't strike "fear" in teams....acquiring college backups certainly isn't going to do it....

But who needs good football players right? Not Miami......nope.....Miami can win games by "scaring" other teams to death by running a copy of 40 times and benchpress reps over to the opposing sideline....

I see. So just because someone disagrees with you, they're a homer. Great. Got it.

I'm sorry dude, there is a good amount I like about Rolando's game, but I can't get over the fact that he tackles like a girl a great deal of the time. This is football, he has to man up!

I see. So just because someone disagrees with you, they're a homer. Great. Got it.

Not at all....Hell I'm a Bama homer, but I've got enough sense to know that Joe Haden is a better prospect and player than Javier Arenas...

My point was that I think the whole "freak" thing is very poor arguement to make in terms of who a good prospect is and who is going to make opponents quake in their cleats...

...that just doesn't make sense to me....I know I would be more afraid of the Jets or Patriots getting a good football player rather than a tape measure freak that's been riding the pine...

This isn't even a Griffen vs. McClain issue.....Hell I liked Griffen as a prospect before he even became a hot topic around here....in fact, he's a hot topic because of one simple post I made in response to talent scouts thread anyway....

It's the principal of this quote you guys are so proud of that I think is not only absurd from a football standpoint.....it's just down right funny to be honest...

Believe me....I would not enjoy posting if you guys agreed with it....:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure Everson Griffen is not a hot topic simply because you made a single post in a single thread.

I'm pretty sure he's a hot topic because hooshoops, myself and Boomer all started catching up more to the guy around the same time. I wasn't even aware of your quote in the talent_scout thread. I know Boomer wasn't. And hooshoops and I have talked about Everson Griffen before, and I'm pretty sure you two have. It was just the fact that a number of people started rotating onto him at the same time.

James Laurinaitis was a fantastic college football player, an All American, a Butkus winner. He even did well this year. But he still went in the second round, and teams would still take guys over him that have more physical ability and play positions where you can affect the quarterback, or erase a big play receiver, etc.

You're needlessly turning this into some philosophical debate where everyone that argues against you must be speaking in terms of absolutes and rules and philosophies. This is about players. It just so happens that a few people disagree with you about certain players.

You should get over that.

I'm pretty sure Everson Griffen is not a hot topic simply because you made a single post in a single thread.

I'm pretty sure he's a hot topic because hooshoops, myself and Boomer all started catching up more to the guy around the same time. I wasn't even aware of your quote in the talent_scout thread. I know Boomer wasn't. And hooshoops and I have talked about Everson Griffen before, and I'm pretty sure you two have. It was just the fact that a number of people started rotating onto him at the same time.

James Laurinaitis was a fantastic college football player, an All American, a Butkus winner. He even did well this year. But he still went in the second round, and teams would still take guys over him that have more physical ability and play positions where you can affect the quarterback, or erase a big play receiver, etc.

You're needlessly turning this into some philosophical debate where everyone that argues against you must be speaking in terms of absolutes and rules and philosophies. This is about players. It just so happens that a few people disagree with you about certain players.

You should get over that.

No CK....me and hoops had talked about Griffen since December....and neither of us even liked him...at all.....felt he was overrated....overhyped...a tape measure "freak" who hadn't done a damn thing on the football field....

About a month ago is when I really began to focus on him and more and it hit me suddenly.....this kid is a pretty good player....where has this been?

I tried to convince hoops....but he wasn't buying it.....until just a few days ago when he came back to me and basically agreed with me after giving him a closer look himself...

I know Boomer was already catching up on him....I can tell...

Again...this isn't a Griffen vs. McClain issue....it doesn't matter if anybody here likes him or not....the only thing that matters is if Miami should take him or not and if he ends up a good pro linebacker...that's all that matters...

If somebody disagrees, that's fine....I might expect a reasonable reply as to why and hear them back it up (depending on who it is)....then again there's some that I won't even ask to give a reply and fill me in on their 10 minutes of McClain or college football in general they've watched this year...

How about giving 12 better players in this draft than Rolando McClain, and make a case as to why they're better....or who would be a better pick at #12..

Doesn't have to be about McClain....make it about Miami...oh..and make it air tight...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom