Kay Jay Harris reminds me of Earl Campbell! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay Jay Harris reminds me of Earl Campbell!

He may not be a Cambpell clone but that run sure looked liked him....very very impressive run.

Gordon may well beat out Harris, but he's going to have to work for it. The best scenario is having the two of them at 2-3 because they're both big backs, but Gordon is more of an elusive back while Harris is a guy who is going to bowl corners, safeties, and even the occasional linebacker over. With the three of them healthy, we can kill 'em with Ronnie and then stick the replacement in who will punish the defense more when Ronnie needs a rest.

finsnchips said:
sports weekly had KayJay rated as the #47 player in the WHOLE draft!!

You might wanna check the date on that.

And stop reading that magazine.

SabanMinion said:
there was one play by this kid that i specificly remember, and i am sure a bunch of u guys do too...

when KJ was running down the sideline with only Antrel Rolle to beat and instead of juking Rolle, he just trucked him and then hurdled over him and went for the TD!! that was one of the sickest runs i have ever seen in NCAA!! :evil:

:jawdrop: That was Kay Jay that did that to Rolle :eek: !!!! I remember that run like it happend yesterday. That was one of the sickest runs I've ever saw on any level of football. I bet Rolle never forgot that one too, because it happend to him on national t.v. Besides the Senior Bowl, that was the only game I saw Kay Jay play in, and he was incredible in that game.

FinaticalOne said:
:jawdrop: That was Kay Jay that did that to Rolle :eek: !!!! I remember that run like it happend yesterday. That was one of the sickest runs I've ever saw on any level of football. I bet Rolle never forgot that one too, because it happend to him on national t.v. Besides the Senior Bowl, that was the only game I saw Kay Jay play in, and he was incredible in that game.
Im pretty sure he did that the bredon meriwether (someone like that) not rolle but i could be wrong.

Anybody remember when Heath Shuler was drafted by the Skins number one, and the job eventually fell to a seventh rounder named .... Gus Frerrotte? I love Ronnie Brown, but wouldn't it be ironic if Kay Jay ended up being the star? Not hoping for it - just pointing out the potential irony.

I'll be the first to admit I have never seen this guy run, but if you are all correct about him, why was he not drafted. I'm not saying that he won't be good, I want to hear about the negatives that had him undrafted while Clarett went in the 3rd.

FinaticalOne said:

You obviously don't remeber it like it was yesterday, unless of coarse you've been hanging with Ricky, and yesterday isn't even that clear for you.....

because it wasn't Antrelle Rolle who got trucked, it was Merriweather, a back-up safety at the time.

SabanMinion said:
there was one play by this kid that i specificly remember, and i am sure a bunch of u guys do too...when KJ was running down the sideline with only Antrel Rolle to beat and instead of juking Rolle, he just trucked him and then hurdled over him and went for the TD!! that was one of the sickest runs i have ever seen in NCAA!! :evil:

Kay-Jay Harris only played his Senior year and he didnt have the pleasure of playing UM. The run youre thinking of was Quincy Wilson two years ago on a Thursday night bowling over, not Antrelle Rolle, but a freshman Brandon Merriweather.

The reason I think he went undrafted was becuase 1) he was a bit brash and ****y, and 2) hes already 26! But nevertheless hes got 4 years of good stuff in him and will be an asset to this Dolphins team.

People post like this "Kay Jay reminds me of Earl Campbell" is why fans get a bad rep.

The guy is an UDFA!!!! if he was even projected to be a back up someone would have drafted him............

There are many concerns as to whether he can even contribute in the NFL much less star in the league!

Just relax dolfans their is a LOT!!!! of work to do before the Phins are where we all want them to be.

your basing your comparison on ONE PLAY, cmon man, dont call him cambell cause some scrubs from temple missed the tackle, haha... i think kayjay will make the team, but no way ahead of gordon on the depth chart

Back
Top Bottom