Kay Jay Harris reminds me of Earl Campbell! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay Jay Harris reminds me of Earl Campbell!

burger13 said:
You obviously don't remeber it like it was yesterday, unless of coarse you've been hanging with Ricky, and yesterday isn't even that clear for you.....

because it wasn't Antrelle Rolle who got trucked, it was Merriweather, a back-up safety at the time.

First of all "Burger 13" you don't me. I just repeated what the guy who originally brought this highlight up in the first place. Whether it was Rolle, Merriweather, or you mom; it was still a great run. So save the condescending remarks for your friends.

occamz_razr said:
Kay-Jay Harris only played his Senior year and he didnt have the pleasure of playing UM. The run youre thinking of was Quincy Wilson two years ago on a Thursday night bowling over, not Antrelle Rolle, but a freshman Brandon Merriweather.

The reason I think he went undrafted was becuase 1) he was a bit brash and ****y, and 2) hes already 26! But nevertheless hes got 4 years of good stuff in him and will be an asset to this Dolphins team.

Ok. Thanks Occamz_Razr. :)

The runner I have seen that most reminds me of the "tyler rose" is now some where smoking a different form of vegatation.

I still think people are overreacting about this guy. It's just my personal opinion. Every year there is one or two undrafted guys who we sign who everyone claims is going to be the next superstar for us. If I recall correctly last year there was a running back out of Iowa (sorry I cant remember his name) that everyone was in love with and thought would be a superstar. He didnt even make the team.

Point is: I would love for Kay Jay to be great....but there's a big difference between Brown and him. Thinking they might split carries is silly as of right now. And pro-bowler or hall of famer? Cmon. If Im wrong ill be the first to admit it, but right now i think everyone is overrating this guy.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Kay-Jay is anything but a slow, fumbling, college player with severe attitude problems.

But, you know, we'll see.

raving said:
Oh my goodness! I do not follow college football (two babies and a business) Someone posted that video of him crushing through the Temple team on a cold afternoon in WV. This guy is a candidate to run right through his jersey. I love this kind of runner. I guy that smashes you in the mouth and runs you over like a mack truck barreling down a mountainside!

I am telling you that this team is gonna get it on. I have followed the Dolphins my whole life - like many of you out there I joined the bandwagon at the tender age of 6 when I saw them lose to Dallas in the 1971-72 superbowl. At 7 I watched them go 17 and O. And living in the DC area - even then it sweet to watch them smack the Redskins. That was magical.

And so is this!

Saban is bringing it on like nobody's business. He is on fire. And he has and is gonna light a fire under some people ARSES! Think about it! Roth, Taylor, Thomas, Seau, Crowder, Poole, Carter, Holliday, (my boy) Bua flying around, like rotweillers on gunpowder and redmeat:fire: !

Enough of the Kay Jay Harris talk. This guy is a marginal pro player. This sounds a lot like the Fred Russell talk from last year and now look at him.

Quelonio said:
And we are all building really nice castles in the air. Did you see harris in the senior bowl? Just wait till he makes the team, and then wait til he actually plays. Dont compare two unproven rookies to two hall of famers.

Did you see Harris play at WVU??? Ok, so lets stop pinning one freaking game on him. And is that your only argument against him? That stupid senior bowl? Didnt Carnell get injured there? O damn, well he's going to be HORRIBLE because of that...might as well release him already...somebody call Gruden.

I'm not saying he is amazing, or going to be special, I'm just saying, one game shouldn't be the one thing you look at.

SuperDuperFan said:
If I recall correctly last year there was a running back out of Iowa (sorry I cant remember his name) that everyone was in love with and thought would be a superstar. He didnt even make the team.

That was Fred Russell (sp?), I think. I don't recall people thinking he would be a "superstar", maybe there were, I just don't recall it, but I definitely thought he would have been an upgrade to Travis Minor as 3D back. He appeared to be capable of doing everything Minor could do, he'd have been cheaper, and had nothing but upside from there. You know Wanny and his vets, though.

zodiak said:
People post like this "Kay Jay reminds me of Earl Campbell" is why fans get a bad rep.

The guy is an UDFA!!!! if he was even projected to be a back up someone would have drafted him............

There are many concerns as to whether he can even contribute in the NFL much less star in the league!

Just relax dolfans their is a LOT!!!! of work to do before the Phins are where we all want them to be.

someone can remind you of someone. It does not mean he is as good. Heck all you need to do to be reminded of Earl Campbell is have some plays where you are running people over.

ckparrothead said:
I haven't seen anything to suggest that Kay-Jay is anything but a slow, fumbling, college player with severe attitude problems.

But, you know, we'll see.

I have seen his 40 time. Doesn't look too slow.

probably another issue that he went undrafted because he has weight problems. One month he's really in shape around 225-230 and then the next month he's around 240-245. A player like that suggests that he's not really committed to being in the weight room but you can't axe his talent because of weight problems and age issues. Remind you he won't be an Earl Campbell but he'll at least make the team. Everything just has to pan out.

ckparrothead said:
What was his official 40 time? I'd be surprised if it was much below 4.6

I have seen times from 4.45 to 4.55.

Slow is 4.7, 4.8 for runningbacks.

occamz_razr said:
The reason I think he went undrafted was becuase 1) he was a bit brash and ****y, and 2) hes already 26! But nevertheless hes got 4 years of good stuff in him and will be an asset to this Dolphins team.

I think we can allow a little brashness and ****iness (sp??) if he runs over people the way he did in college.

The 26 years old just means he is good for the first 4 years which is the usual draft pick before they want big $$.

I could also see him being the swing HB/FB in the offense much like Sammie Morris.

All I can say after watching him run is HOLY MOLY:jawdrop:

Back
Top Bottom