Keep Tua, He Will Be Better Than Watson! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Tua, He Will Be Better Than Watson!

Hrrrm fuller needs to be in the team first to catch anything.

Guys a thief want him dealt with first before anyone else at the fins. Gutless thief by the looks of it so far.

I believe that Tua will be a very good QB in this league, playing within a tailored system with a strong running game and offensive line. A good football program - like Pittsburg - would take a QB like Tua and make it work - win 10 games a year, win a couple games in the playoffs and if they have an excellent defense, could even win a SB.

For the past 20 years, Miami has been hoping to hit a home run with the QB position - which is all well and good, but it does not guarantee a SB. Not even the greatest passer of all time #13 was able to achieve that on his own.

Watson is a top 5 QB in this league and young enough to invest substantial draft capital (notwithstanding his obvious legal issues and the serious questions about his character) but it what about the rest of this team - and what faith should we have in the current leadership to build a team? I would agree that Miami's D is better than it has shown, and is predicated on playing with a lead (strong man coverage in obvious passing situations) so Watson will help.... no doubt.

Moreover, the problem here is the overall management of the team, allowing this QB controversy to even exist so long into the season. It does not do Tua, the team or the fanbase any favors by allowing the rumors to persist. A decision on Watson should have been made months ago and then you go with it and move on. More than anything (much more than who our QB is) is Miami's problem - who is running this show and what the hell are you doing?

This GM has no conviction on anything except saving his job. When executives get to this place it's important to recognize it and make a change. If Grier thinks Watson can save his job he'll make a trade. If he thinks keeping Tua buys time then he keeps Tua. Grier is responsible for the failures in the rebuild. The failures are taking acquired assets into the draft and missing horribly. We gave up great players for draft picks and screwed up the choices badly. Now were talking about trading 3#1 picks plus other picks to get a QB that's in pretty severe legal trouble regarding some very inappropriate behavior towards women. If charges all go away then I'm fine with thinking about Watson to replace Tua. I'd much rather stay with Tua. I see a player that is ascending quickly and I'll keep my THREE #1s!!

I'm pretty certain that from the outside looking in we seem to be a very dysfunctional organization. We're 1-6. about to be 1-7, we're looking to bring in a very controversial player that will mortgage our future and fracture our salary cap. Women will hate the move almost 100% and I can't blame them. This guy Watson, if any of the charges are true is a major creep and a very bad guy. Steve Ross said he's not touching this deal without proof that Watson is cleared. I hope he sticks to his guns. I believe we may be on the verge of a monumental mistake to bring a me first player like Watson into our locker room. Let's back our young star from Alabama. Let's go to work and get better, what ever it takes short of totally making a desperate move. My biggest concern is the trade blowing up in our faces and leaving us in even worse shape than we presently find ourselves in. Tua just threw 4 TDs and we want to trade 3 #1s to get rid of him?? Who are we the Three Stooges??

Great instincts, accuracy, leadership
Good pocket presence, arm strength, mobility
Average size, durability

All of those can be developed which means when hes in his prime he'll be elite but hopefully before that. Tom brady was a game manager his first couple of years on a much better team. Not everyone starts or ends the same way.

This post made me vomit. This is what people think of Trashovailoa? At least half those things are blatantly false and another quarter are debatable if he's average in that area.

This post made me vomit. This is what people think of Trashovailoa? At least half those things are blatantly false and another quarter are debatable if he's average in that area.
Catfish The Tv Show Bullshit GIF by Catfish MTV

Another day and no Watson...Trade deadline is nearing.

Texans grow more desperate as the Panthers say "No thanks"

Please come NOV 5th so we can all move on from this circus...

At least Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning didn't throw terrible INTs their first year or two.....

Favre was still throwing them at year 15! He just threw a lot of great TDs to go with it.

Aikman wasn’t anything special at all. He had one of the best Olines ever and then he had Emmitt Smith. If Marino had that, he would have been in the SB every year.

Give Barry Sanders that Cowboys OL and Emmitt Smith that Lions OL and I don’t think Smith even makes the HOF

What rare skillset?

Those rare skillsets are all draft day talk. I haven't seen Tua make any throw that any other starter couldn't duplicate.
I'm glad someone said it!! He's a fair QB. To say he is going to be as good or better than Watson is ignorant and irresponsible.

Why do you and a couple others (we all can guess the names) have to be an utter d1ck about Tua personally. Your posts are friggin vomit, along with your tact.

Such hypocrisy here that the TOS says "attack the post not the poster", yet for months there is constant attacking of Tua....which if you turn around and say something similar to what they wrote to the poster it's a "warning"

I'm glad someone said it!! He's a fair QB. To say he is going to be as good or better than Watson is ignorant and irresponsible.
You saying it is ignorant and irresponsible without having a crystal ball is ignorant and irresponsible, do you know for a fact how Tua will be when he has the same number of games under his belt?

I'll bet good money he won't have 22 civil sexual assault cases though.

Last edited:
You saying it is ignorant and irresponsible without having a crystal ball is ignorant and irresponsible, do you know for a fact how Tua will be when he has the same number of games under his belt.

You're absolutely right, he probably won't have 22 sexual assault cases but I don't have a crystal ball 😉

Why do you and a couple others (we all can guess the names) have to be an utter d1ck about Tua personally. Your posts are friggin vomit, along with your tact.

Such hypocrisy here that the TOS says "attack the post not the poster", yet for months there is constant attacking of Tua....which if you turn around and say something similar to what they wrote to the poster it's a "warning"

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Tua is not a poster. Literally nothing hypocritical.

It's a sports forum, of course the players will be praised/criticized. From what I'm reading I don't see any personal attacks on Tuas family or his well being. Some people just think he sucks at football (I disagree)

It's your prerogative to defend Tua, which is cool. Just argue against the point using whatever facts you can dig up. I'd suggest not taking it personally when someone says he's trash

I know Tua won't.

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Tua is not a poster. Literally nothing hypocritical.

It's a sports forum, of course the players will be praised/criticized. From what I'm reading I don't see any personal attacks on Tuas family or his well being. Some people just think he sucks at football (I disagree)

It's your prerogative to defend Tua, which is cool. Just argue against the point using whatever facts you can dig up. I'd suggest not taking it personally when someone says he's trash

I know Tua won't.
OK, but he's a real person correct, just like a poster here. There's a magical ethics barrier when you post to the people here?

So it's OK to be a jagoff and attack Tua as a person, etc. because he didn't actually post something here.....but let's say he did post here and someone did it...then they'd be punished.

Ridiculous

Last edited:
You saying it is ignorant and irresponsible without having a crystal ball is ignorant and irresponsible, do you know for a fact how Tua will be when he has the same number of games under his belt?

I'll bet good money that in his 5th year he won't have two division titles either...

That's a safer bet than him not having 22 civil cases....

Back
Top Bottom