Keith Newman LB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keith Newman LB

captaink62

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Drew Rosenhaus on local Miami TV said the Dolphins will be signing LB Keith Newman in the next few days.

His name rings a bell but I watch a lot of football and I can't recall anything he did to stand out on the field for the vikings. anyway I checked his bio and he seems like a solid addition. As long as saban creates enough comp at the strongside position that whoever emerges will be a decent contibuter, then I'll be happy. I wasnt' dissapointed with what I saw from spragan last year....

woah...i remember hearing from Viking fans that he was there best linebacker last year...i wonder why they let him go...im glad Saban is looking into him

Joneal7 said:
woah...i remember hearing from Viking fans that he was there best linebacker last year...i wonder why they let him go...im glad Saban is looking into him

When you have a coach named Brad Childress.....

Drew also said expect to see Marcus Vick choose Miami over the CFL.

His strength is rushing the passer, so he seems like a perfect fit for the 3-4 OLB.

Did he mention what position Vick would be signing as? Are we supposed to assume WR?

Dolfan1000 said:
Did he mention what position Vick would be signing as? Are we supposed to assume WR?

Good question, I'd like to see him in as a SLASH type player.

Was looking in the Pro Football previews for the 2005 season, both "The Sporting News" and "Pro Football Weekly" don't say a word about Keith Newman. He's listed on the roster in both previews, but in the little preview of LB's, they don't mention him.

Dolfan1000 said:
Is Rosenhaus Newman's agent? What kind of segment was this?

No, I don't he is. Rosenhaus was on Drew or False on that show.... damn it, forgot his name.

Anyway, Rosenhaus does have some inside of info of the Dolphins: A good portion of the roster is represented by him.

He started for the Vikings until getting injured.

Check out his stats at NFL.com... Quite decent, considering how late in FA this is and how inexpensive (I assume) he will be.

Back
Top Bottom