Keith Newman LB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keith Newman LB

Dolfan1000 said:
Its interesting that 3 of these candidates for the OLB position all have their own strength...

Best vs the Run: Spragan
Best in Coverage: Hodge
Best Pass Rusher: Newman
Spragan is not best vs. run.

Kinzua said:
Either Newman didn't play much in those 13 games or he didn't play well or a combination of the two. My suspicion is that he played ST and backup.

Actually he started ten of the thirteen he played. His numbers are not spectacular but he has created plays with forced fumbles, sacks, and an occasional interception. I think he adds veteran depth and flexibility.

Winbaby#23 said:
He is a solid linebacker, hes better than any linebacker on the Bills except for Spikes.
Uh, why don't you check out London Fletcher's and Angelo Crowell's stats last year in comparison to Newman. Fletcher, I believe, has more tackles than any other NFL player over the last five years.

Newman is probably better than every other linebacker on your team other than Zach Thomas. I'm sure that's what you meant to say.

Newman is a runstuffer and potentially a blitzer, but that is about it according to the descriptions I have read. I also think Crowell is good, don't like the bills, but he is good. That said, Fletcher is just Fletcher, average. Spikes is a monster, but lets see how he comes back.

I'm a viking fan and Newman was a highlight as a pass rusher on defense last year. He forced the vikes to put him on the field because of his pass rush ability in spite of the fact the vikes were trying to get young guys on the field. I didn't realize he was injured.

i think he will be a key to our depth at d#. he will help us out a lot. I LIKE THIS MOVE.

B-LO said:
Uh, why don't you check out London Fletcher's and Angelo Crowell's stats last year in comparison to Newman. Fletcher, I believe, has more tackles than any other NFL player over the last five years.

Newman is probably better than every other linebacker on your team other than Zach Thomas. I'm sure that's what you meant to say.

Dont criticize someone's lack of research and then make the same mistake. Takes away from your credibility. You seem to be overlooking Channing Crowder, who had a terrific rookie year.

Newman's a solid pickup. He's as sound as Hodge or Spragan. These 3 guys are interchangeable parts if you ask me. But that's fine for depth purposes.

Back
Top Bottom