Kiko Alonso Could Be One Of Many Dolphins Cap Casualties | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiko Alonso Could Be One Of Many Dolphins Cap Casualties

This is certainly possible. However, we need to field a team and there are certainly many other players we will release and should be in a good/great cap situation in 2020.

I like Staley, but any reporter that references a cap savings due to the post June 1st designation really doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Truth is, the Alonso contract is not a bad one as structured and you are still very thin at LB.

The dead cap hit is 3.5 million and that can be taken all at once, or split over two years (the post June that Staley references) and the savings are 4.7 million in 2019.

I have no idea the direction the team will take but I think there are more pressing contracts we can purge before getting to Kiko. Obviously if the thought process is “tank and rebuild” it makes sense to dump this contract and many others.

Hope the team keeps Alonso, but there will be plenty of veterans cut or traded. We have to expect that.

I won't be shock at anyone they cut or trade tbh.....sometimes is better to start from scratch than to try to plug holes which they have been doing for years now.

I could see how, coming from New England, Flores wouldn't care for the type of player Alonso is.

If they purge all these contracts, we are looking at an expansion level team as they will have to fill those positions with low level FAs, UDFA and camp cuts from other teams. There aren’t enough draft picks to fill all those positions.
They will be fortunate to win 4 games. Perhaps that is the plan.

Either we're tanking or we're patching. If we're patching … again … I'm getting checked for CTE from banging my head against a wall. If we're doing what we seem to be saying we're doing, tanking and honestly rebuilding with a 2020 blue chip QB, then that means lots of veteran purging and almost no high end free agents. Kiko will be among the full train of players leaving Miami. If he's not gone this year, he's likely gone next year, ditto for almost all our veterans save a very few.

The FA's we bring in need to be workman technician types who set a good example and do everything the right way. They're there to teach and lead by example, not drag us from the doorstep of death to the lofty heights of mediocrity.

I have a feeling we're all going to see some cuts/trades this off-season that will surprise us.

Kind of sick of the tanking talk
There is no reason why the rebuild cannot be a work in progress while we compete
Good coaching identifying solid players which all other teams find through the draft and FA and masking of weaknesses with playcalling and scheme through it can really help
I may be a sucker but as reluctant as I was to accept Flores I do like what I am seeing with all the info I have been reading
Maybe we got a good one and I will trust him to point us to a winning path from day 1

Back
Top Bottom