Killing Time: Past football experience. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Killing Time: Past football experience.

There has to be some more out there willing to share their stories! Don't be shy! This is very interesting to hear peoples stories.

I would like to become the Dolphins GM, I know they need one but I have no idea what type of education a GM would need I guess it would be buisness and accounting? but since I love sports I want to become a sportswriter and I know thats realalistic which unfortunatly being an NFL GM is not realalistic

SCall13 said:
Congrats on the coming new addition. (Married? YIKES!!! Just kidding)
I know what you mean about the time strain. When i first started coaching, I was still playing. I had a daughter. Then, I had a little boy. After two years of juggling all of that, I had to give up playing. I'm 33 now. I still have some football left should I decide to play again. But I'm having a great time coaching. i do baseball and basketball also.
Anyway, when you do find some time, do it man. You'll love it.

You coaching a team here in Charlotte? What team are you coaching?

tay0365 said:
Tony Hawks, who's he, did he win anything else after that? :lol:

More like, did anyone else win after that...... :roflmao:

nick19991 said:
I would like to become the Dolphins GM, I know they need one but I have no idea what type of education a GM would need I guess it would be buisness and accounting? but since I love sports I want to become a sportswriter and I know thats realalistic which unfortunatly being an NFL GM is not realalistic

Stick to the writing. That was my original plan, then I got delusions of grandeur in my head and decided to go to business school in an attempt to get on with the team. The problem is that you make very little money for a very long time until you break into the upper echelons of player personel which is very difficult to do. I'm just doing regular business now, which is alright, but I think I would have been happier if I would have gone with sports journalism. Just my two cents.

Minnphin said:
Stick to the writing. That was my original plan, then I got delusions of grandeur in my head and decided to go to business school in an attempt to get on with the team. The problem is that you make very little money for a very long time until you break into the upper echelons of player personel which is very difficult to do. I'm just doing regular business now, which is alright, but I think I would have been happier if I would have gone with sports journalism. Just my two cents.

thanks for the advise, Only thing is would a sportswriter make very much money? cause if they do then I'd love it, you get to do what you love and you get paid well

SCall13 said:
I actually coach in Mt. Holly. The Mt. Holly Hawks.

Sounds awesome. I live about 5 mins from Mt. Holly. I like the McAdenville Dolphins though. :lol:

byroan said:
Sounds awesome. I live about 5 mins from Mt. Holly. I like the McAdenville Dolphins though. :lol:

HA HA. I like their uniforms. I have actually been asked to come over there and coach several times. And just because of their uniforms, I have thought about it. But I just can't bring myself to leave the kids I know over here.

SCall13 said:
HA HA. I like their uniforms. I have actually been asked to come over there and coach several times. And just because of their uniforms, I have thought about it. But I just can't bring myself to leave the kids I know over here.

Yeah I remember seeing their logo on someone's truck and thought it was a Phin fan, only to get closer and see it says McAdenville on it. They are some awesome uniforms though.

byroan said:
Yeah I remember seeing their logo on someone's truck and thought it was a Phin fan, only to get closer and see it says McAdenville on it. They are some awesome uniforms though.

Yeah they are awesome.

I played QB and did the punting in grade 7 and 8. I actually had a 75yd punt one game after it stopped rolling lol. Unfortunately, we only had touch football in school around here and no tackle leagues until HS. That's when I started playing ILB and some NT when we switched formations. When I got to our senior team (grade 11) I switched to SS/WR because I was too small to stay inside. I played pretty well the 1st year then tore up my knee in the 1st practice my 2nd year. Haven't played since. My best memory was my 1st year in HS. We went undefeated and won the county championship.

I played high school ball in Lake Mary Florida. I didn't start playing football till sophomre year and I played DT and got switched to center. I started at OT my Junior year and then I went back to C for my senior year. Keith Rivers a USC linebacker played on our team and he is a complete badass so hopefully the dolphins draft him in 2 years.

i played pop warner from 6-8th grade. Was starting RB for my first two years and starting WR and backup QB in my third. We went to reginal(sp) finals every year but always lost so yeah that sucked . we were the panthers

i played this year in freshman football. was starting WR...caught 6 touchdown passes...one was 60 yards where i completely blew by the defense and never looked back.(kinda like chambers in the ravens game last year :cooldude: ) but im not as good as chambers lol

Back
Top Bottom