Kiper Says OT W. Justice At #16.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Says OT W. Justice At #16....

Justice and Carey at tackle would be awesome. Two young, athletic guys could become serious long term features of this offence.

Im not to thrilled to be taking a lineman with our first pick 2 out of 3 years.

I still say its foolish to think he can just switch to LT with no problems after playing RT in college.

I know we have Houck and he can work wonders, but some people act like its no big deal at all just cause Leinart was left handed.

armyfinfan said:
Im not to thrilled to be taking a lineman with our first pick 2 out of 3 years.

It all starts up front man....

Drafting OL is never considered a "sexy pick", but in terms of importance, you can't put a price tag on what a great OL can accomplish....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:

Drafting OL is never considered a "sexy pick", but in terms of importance, you can't put a price tag on what a great OL can accomplish....

PHINZ RULE!!!

This is true, yet drafting an Olineman that high to play a different position than he did in college is slightly risky.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. If our Oline was even a little better and gave us the ability of running McMichael out in patterns more often our offense would be that much better. He is a talent that we do not get to use effectively because he usually has to stay in to help with protection. Same goes for Ronnie or Ricky out of the backfield. Instead of helping with blocking they could run patterns and create mismiatches and holes in the defense.

Winston Justice was on NFL Total access last night, and he sounded like a buffoon.

Really not an intelligent sounding guy, who also had floppy man-breasts at the combine weigh-in.

ghost of marino said:
Winston Justice was on NFL Total access last night, and he sounded like a buffoon.

Really not an intelligent sounding guy, who also had floppy man-breasts at the combine weigh-in.

Not very intelligent period. That whole incident that cause him getting suspended his junior year was plain stupidity.

SpeedRush99 said:
Not very intelligent period. That whole incident that cause him getting suspended his junior year was plain stupidity.
If that is the case, is he even coachable?

I would not be upset at Justice. IF Saban and Mueller have him rated as BPA. That would give us potentially THREE solid OT's (assuming Houck really can make Alabi good) and a talented, young oline. That would probably help our offense more than any other skilled player. (heck I think even Gus would be better with that oline)

I would love Huff to be there, but lets face it... I have a better chance of winning the lotto (and I never even play the lotto). A DB would be great also, but only if he is rated there. I don't want to see a reach for a position of need.

dolfan3431 said:
cromartie would be a better pick

In the 1st? His stock seems to have dropped significantly.

playmaker1 said:
by trading down we could maybe pick up an extra pick too, so I think that would be he way to go

All well and good, assuming there's a team wanting to trade UP to #16

and

that team is willing to give fair value for moving up.

Trading down doesn't just magically happen because we want it to, there has to be a trading partner, and fair value received...
Nick Saban will be listening to all offers for sure...

Back
Top Bottom