Kiper Says OT W. Justice At #16.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Says OT W. Justice At #16....

Mile High Fin said:
All well and good, assuming there's a team wanting to trade UP to #16

and

that team is willing to give fair value for moving up.

Trading down doesn't just magically happen because we want it to, there has to be a trading partner, and fair value received...
Nick Saban will be listening to all offers for sure...

this I know, but if we do target someone a few picks behind us, hopefully we can sell tradeing up to a team there and maybe get like a 3rd or something. I think it will all depend on team needs and what happens in FA. Sence the whole CBA, teams have had to let go of players that I dont think they really had planned on, so no they might be scrambling to move up and fill that whole. so you never know, I just kinda hope we can work something out

I like Justice as a matter of fact he is 1 of 5 players in my wishlist for the 16th pick for us, but I have a gut feeling that we will definetly go D for our 1st pick. We just drafted Carey 2 years ago and Brown last year. Its time to put some emphasis and "new blood" to our aging D. That said my take would be that we draft an OL in the 3rd. Also rumors that are circulating around is that we will get Ashworth from NE so that should at least take care of the OL problem for the moment.

dolphin23 said:
I like Justice as a matter of fact he is 1 of 5 players in my wishlist for the 16th pick for us, but I have a gut feeling that we will definetly go D for our 1st pick. We just drafted Carey 2 years ago and Brown last year. Its time to put some emphasis and "new blood" to our aging D. That said my take would be that we draft an OL in the 3rd. Also rumors that are circulating around is that we will get Ashworth from NE so that should at least take care of the OL problem for the moment.

very true. Ashworth would help our line big time. We need LB and DBs to upgrade our D

playmaker1 said:
very true. Ashworth would help our line big time. We need LB and DBs to upgrade our D

Man I would literally jump for joy if he is somehow still on the boards in the 3rd when our pick comes up. :woot:

dolphin23 said:
Man I would literally jump for joy if he is somehow still on the boards in the 3rd when our pick comes up. :woot:

oops sorry I was thinking drafting Whitworth in the 3rd, lol

Rich22 said:
I would never spend a 1st rd pick on an OL guy. Too many failures. Look at Gallery for Oak - 2nd pick in draft and 2nd year in he's playing guard. No way - it's too valuable. You need an impact guy with your 1st rd pick and OL is rarely an impact guy. That's why we are paying top dollars fo rthe best OL coach in the game - to take a mid rd guy and make him all pro.

Historically....OL pans out more then a QB does and they generally last 10 years or so compared to RBs etc. much shorter lifespan (I believe the avg. lifespan of an NFL player is 4 years). That said, I believe whether or not we go after OL will depend on if we can upgrade the line through FA (centers/guards on market). If we can do that....then I think we go another route (CB, DT etc.). An improvement in any place on the line (through FA) would allow the other linemen to perform better as well. I'm hoping we can get 1-2 solid FA pickups for the OL that'll last 5 years and target some younger defensive players in the draft that will last just as long if not longer.

jbond said:
Historically....OL pans out more then a QB does and they generally last 10 years or so compared to RBs etc. much shorter lifespan (I believe the avg. lifespan of an NFL player is 4 years). That said, I believe whether or not we go after OL will depend on if we can upgrade the line through FA (centers/guards on market). If we can do that....then I think we go another route (CB, DT etc.). An improvement in any place on the line (through FA) would allow the other linemen to perform better as well. I'm hoping we can get 1-2 solid FA pickups for the OL that'll last 5 years and target some younger defensive players in the draft that will last just as long if not longer.

great point!

ghost of marino said:
Winston Justice was on NFL Total access last night, and he sounded like a buffoon.

Really not an intelligent sounding guy, who also had floppy man-breasts at the combine weigh-in.

I didn't see it, but a fellow USC alumnus friend of mine called me and said the same thing. He said Justice came off so poorly he was cringing just watching it.

He's got talent but I'm hoping we stay away from this guy. Miami's history with questionable character in the first round is hardly stellar.

On USC message boards, there have been plenty of disconcerting comments about Justice. One guy said he knew him in grade school and he was an awkward out of shape goofball. Another reported Justice only went to college to play in the NFL and was basically desperate to turn pro from his first year on campus. But the fake gun incident dramatically lowered his stock and forced him to stay an extra year.

My main problem is how he obviously lied regarding that gun incident. He still insists it was a practical joke and he thought he knew the guy. But every report I've read and heard screams otherwise. There were three people in the other car and they exited the vehicle during the argument. You know damn well words were exchanged, especially while Justice was waving the fake gun. It defies logic to think it was really a minor incident in a joking mood. The two other people in the car should have been evidence whether it was really your friend or not. The other driver was reportedly terrified and that's why he reported it.

Back
Top Bottom