Kiper Suggest Dolphins trade Back Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Suggest Dolphins trade Back Up

Trade out of 3 all the way to 12 to eventually move back up to 4.

That would end up being quite the expedition, it would also probably mean Grier "pegged" the market wrong as Jeff Ireland used to famously say and do frequently.

If Mel Kiper actually knew anything about building a football team, he would have been hired by an NFL team a long time ago. I do give him credit for building a reputation based on his hair and being wrong more than right most of his career.
He's had an interesting career. Back in the day, it was so hard to find draft information and he was one of the first to provide it. The fact that he's still somewhat relevant all these years later is kind of surprising, but I give him props. I admire anyone that can make a career out of something they love, but Kiper is kind of low on the list of the draft gurus that I pay attention to.

I only want to do this IF they believe Pitts will dynamically change the team more than Smith, Chase or Waddle.

Don't see how they moved from #3 if they are in love with Pitts.

Is Kiper ever right?

Kiper is a prime example of the saying , "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

This just isn't that time.... pun intended

Obviously the yo-yo trade technique Grier used was dumb, poorly timed and poor value.
For what we got, which was a PURE LOSER in '21 -- with a draft stacked with talent top 75
or thereabouts -- he can't undo what's done.

Simple fact we should still be sitting at three and in total control...

So from...

3 to 12...
12 to 6...
6 to 4

Can someone calculate exactly how many degrees of chess Grier would be playing?

That's not going to happen. If Mel got some "inside info" it's because Miami wants someone to go up there and get Pitts and maybe a QB sits there at #6 for a trade.

I know what Pitts is and what he can do and I like him a lot, just not sold Miami is taking him if there. I'm not so sure their board isn't 1. Chase, 2. Sewell.

Obviously the yo-yo trade technique Grier used was dumb, poorly timed and poor value.
For what we got, which was a PURE LOSER in '21 -- with a draft stacked with talent top 75
or thereabouts -- he can't undo what's done.

Simple fact we should still be sitting at three and in total control...
I take it you don't have a 401k

Highly doubt Miami is moving out of 6th either way. They wouldn't have made the trade with the 49ers and Eagles if they were not comfortable with a player who is available at #6. My guess is they will be very happy with either Pitts, Chase or Smith and at least one of them will be on the board when they pick.

They will get a player high on their list and will have gotten a future 1st and 3rd round pick out of the original trades.

I look forward to watching the draft every year. Yep, I'm one of those guys. I really enjoy it. But if we did that....the TV gets turned off.

Back
Top Bottom