Kiper Suggest Dolphins trade Back Up | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Suggest Dolphins trade Back Up

I quit watching the draft on ESPN and watch it on the NFL network. I have nothing against Kiper and he has certainly had a long career as a so called draft expert. I just prefer to get my information about draft prospects from individuals who actually played the game.
If people like listening to Kiper for their information on players in the draft, so be it. Everyone is entitled to get their information on the players in the draft where ever they want to get it from.
Agree. I like the NFL Network's coverage much better. Don't really pay attention to Kiper these days.

Yeah, we gave up a little now to reap big rewards later. Kind of like an investment...
Well, let's reverse that. We gave UP OUR R1 next year (not 2 years down the line)
+ additional mid round capital to move from 12 to 6! So I'm assuming EVERYONE
on this board realizes we have TWO NUMBER ONES invested in that #6 pick!

You think that's "good value? You think that's good yield off the the #3 pick???

Seriously. I'm not making this **** up. The yo-yo was a loser. Period.

Last edited:
Kiper is the national version of our beloved Mando.

Total ****ing idiot.

I can't believe my dad used to spend money on his yearly draft guides back when I was in elementary school. Sigh.

Don't blame Dad. Kiper was relevant for a while when he first came on the scene. Through the years he's lost most of the credibility that he once had. He seems to have a new wave in his hair, it's waving goodbye!

He's had an interesting career. Back in the day, it was so hard to find draft information and he was one of the first to provide it. The fact that he's still somewhat relevant all these years later is kind of surprising, but I give him props. I admire anyone that can make a career out of something they love, but Kiper is kind of low on the list of the draft gurus that I pay attention to.
He's no Joel Buchsbaum!

Never know. If Pitts was Miami's target when they moved back to #6, then it could happen.

ATL may have a trade offer from Dallas but prefer not to move down that far. Use Jerry as a wedge to pry a 2nd from Miami to drop 2 spots. Bengals don't trade and are not taking a QB, so they're no threat.

If Mel Kiper actually knew anything about building a football team, he would have been hired by an NFL team a long time ago. I do give him credit for building a reputation based on his hair and being wrong more than right most of his career.
Meteorologists and Mel Kiper...can be wrong over 50% of the time and stay employed.

So Mel had us trading back up for 1st in 2022 and of course our #6 and our 2022 3rd.
That would net us the same result as #3 as we werent taking a QB and we keep the 2023 1st rounder.
Honestly, I would take that deal in an instant and then turn around shop #4 for some 2021 draft leverage like a 1st in 2022, 2021 2nd and 3rd or a 4th.
This is a stacked draft a there will be a ton of value in rounds 3,4 and 5.

If we were dead set on Pitts but traded down from 3 to 12, then up from 12 to 6, we are idiots.

You don’t trade down from 3 to 12 if you’re set on one guy. And you definitely don’t trade up to 6 if you’re not sure that guy will be there at 6.

Our trades only make sense if we like 2-3 guys and know at least one of them will be there at 6. Which is what I view as the most likely scenario.
How so? Read my above post.
We still have the 2023 1st round pick for moving back 1 spot that hurts us in no way what so ever.

Well, let's reverse that. We gave UP OUR R1 next year (not 2 years down the line)
+ additional mid round capital to move from 12 to 6! So I'm assuming EVERYONE
on this board realizes we have TWO NUMBER ONES invested in that #6 pick!

You think that's "good value? You think that's good yield off the the #3 pick???

Seriously. I'm not making this **** up. The yo-yo was a loser. Period.
like I said before, we wouldn’t even be debating this if not for a trade 2 YEARS AGO, where we gave up something in the short term to reap the benefits later. A simple investment. Not sure why that’s so hard to grasp

You know we are closing in on the draft, when this is a headline. Mel Kiper suggests that the Dolphins aren't finished trading and has Miami trading up with Atlanta to #4 to take Pitts.

I don't know what it would cost, but I think Grier stays at #3 if Pitts was the target. My best guess is Chase or Smith, probably in that order as the Dolphins are more sized based than a lot of teams.
He doesnt suggest it. He doesn't predict it. He doesn't really even justify it.

He just had to modify his last mock so you guys would click on it. Its for the average fan, not folks like you or I who are going to already know THATS INSANE

Back
Top Bottom