Kiper Suggest Dolphins trade Back Up | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper Suggest Dolphins trade Back Up

Well, let's reverse that. We gave UP OUR R1 next year (not 2 years down the line)
+ additional mid round capital to move from 12 to 6! So I'm assuming EVERYONE
on this board realizes we have TWO NUMBER ONES invested in that #6 pick!

You think that's "good value? You think that's good yield off the the #3 pick???

Seriously. I'm not making this **** up. The yo-yo was a loser. Period.
not if you get who you were going to draft at 3 anyway. thats a winner

Ok if we trade back up to #4, then someone needs to explain to me why they did all of this wheeling in the first place.

When we made the Tunsil trade, the pick we acquired this year was 2 years away. Wouldn't that make it just a "fantasy pick" as well.

I think some people are being too dismissive of the pick just bc it's 2 years away. It's still a first rounder. I've seen people use the "move the pick one round back for each year" rule and call it equivalent to a 3rd rounder. I call BS on that.

And unlike a pick from any other round, a down year from the team can land u in position to draft a blue chip.

I wanted more too, but I have to say I'm enjoying the "fantasy" we are currently experiencing.
That first paragraph has been my thinking.

The #3 pick we has was from a trade 2 years ago. At that time, if Grier had only traded for assets that year we would not have a shot at any of the top guys.

So we are now upset with Grier using that same logic for 2023?

If we didn't think about future investments, we would have never had a top 3 (now 6) pick to begin with.

Obviously the yo-yo trade technique Grier used was dumb, poorly timed and poor value.
For what we got, which was a PURE LOSER in '21 -- with a draft stacked with talent top 75
or thereabouts -- he can't undo what's done.

Simple fact we should still be sitting at three and in total control...
I tend to agree. It was a lot of gymnastics for a poor return on the no 3 pick in the draft. If this guy trades AGAIN to go up to no 4 or 5 it just proves he’s a complete incompetent moron.

How so? Read my above post.
We still have the 2023 1st round pick for moving back 1 spot that hurts us in no way what so ever.
May wanna check your math there, it would leave us with no 1sts in 2022. So in essence we’d have moved back 1 spot and traded a 2022 first for a 2023 first

Obviously the yo-yo trade technique Grier used was dumb, poorly timed and poor value.
For what we got, which was a PURE LOSER in '21 -- with a draft stacked with talent top 75
or thereabouts -- he can't undo what's done.

Simple fact we should still be sitting at three and in total control...
I agree with you - I'm not sure why we traded before the draft, I never understand that.

But who knows. We'll see. I think we knew we wanted a future 1st, but and 6th overall was a good drop. We're still pretty much in the driver's seat, to be honest.

Any idiot can trade assets away TODAY for some form of future consideration.

Pushing potential into the future is NOT the best way to solve the problems you have today.

Beyond that the 401k analogy is lame. IMO.
đź’Ż

I switched to NFL Network years ago to watch the draft. Early on ESPN was the only show in town, but it was alway entertaining when the Jets picked:

Back
Top Bottom