Knight Could Sign With Miami Before GreenBay Trip?/Sammy knight signing?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knight Could Sign With Miami Before GreenBay Trip?/Sammy knight signing??

Originally posted by WisconsinFan
yes 13isgr81 that's why we have a hard time with having Free Agents sign here, and stay right ? and have been such a successful Football team over the last ten years. :rolleyes: Geez maybe some should told Brett Favre,Reggie White,Joe Johnson,Keith Jackson,Leroy Butler,Eugine Robinson,Sean Jones, and Don Beebe of this.

Do you realize since the beggining of FA in the NFL the Green Bay Packers are the only team to post a winning record EVERY YEAR so far?

When you guys got Favre, he was so far down on the QB food-chain that he'd sign with anyone who gave him the chance :lol:

Weather is a big factor in where some people want to play... Seau is a good example of that. He said up front that he didn't want to play in cold weather (especially GB) and I've heard of a bunch of other guys making similar statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Bazinet37
Didn't Jermaine Lewis already turn down you guys because you played in cold weather? Or was it another cold weather team?
it wasnt just one team, he said he would play for ANY cold weather team..

Originally posted by Bazinet37
The point is, as an athlete, I can tell you weather is a HUGE factor. I would much rather practice in a warm climate than in a cold one. If money is equal, playing time equal, and the only difference is the weather, you can bet that ANY athlete is going to choose the warm weather team. I really thought that was common sense, I guess not.......

that's a good point and all but the Packers dont practice outside in the winter months. They practice in the Don Huston center.

Originally posted by Gonk

When you guys got Favre, he was so far down on the QB food-chain that he'd sign with anyone who gave him the change :lol:

uh we traded for Favre in '92 and he signed his FA deal in '95.

Just remember guys that Joe Johnson( a very good friend of his and long time ex-team mate from the Saints ) plays for the Packer's now.. That very well could come play into affect when he visit's tommorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Gonk
When you guys got Favre, he was so far down on the QB food-chain that he'd sign with anyone who gave him the chance :lol:

I gotta disagree with you there Gonk. I feel that Farve was simply in the wrong situation at Atlanta. I'd almost gaurantee you if they had the opportunity to do that trade again knowing what they know now, it would not take place.

it wasnt just one team, he said he would play for ANY cold weather team..

You just proved that your original statement of weather not being a factor is wrong. :D

yes 13isgr81 that's why we have a hard time with having Free Agents sign here, and stay right ? and have been such a successful Football team over the last ten years. :rolleyes: Geez maybe some should told Brett Favre,Reggie White,Joe Johnson,Keith Jackson,Leroy Butler,Eugine Robinson,Sean Jones, and Don Beebe of this.

Do you realize since the beggining of FA in the NFL the Green Bay Packers are the only team to post a winning record EVERY YEAR so far?

Do you realize that your not here to teach?

Almost everytime you see a player become a FA they say that the ideal place would be somewhere in Fla.

The Packers may run a very professional buisiness, but face it, Wisconsin is not on ANYONE's wish list to live. Unless your born into that place.

Oh by the way, if the Pack and Phins are even remotely close in their bids, the NO State tax in Florida actually makes the contract worth more here.

And while your relying on an article from some paper I've never herd of, listen to this. Miami first offered Knight that much, but has since raised it. It's more like 650,000 now.

It seems the Packers still have a chance to sign him. The Dolphins haven't made much of an offer over the league minimum.

according to this article today:

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/columnstoryA52153A.htm

He will be in Green Bay tommorrow.

Unreliable paper and days behind. If the offers are close he will be here. He's got a much better support cast here and the no state taxes is a definate boost. Like I stated previously we already signed a couple guys who took less money to be here in Buckley and Thompson (Buckley turned down a multi year deal for us and Thompson took about $450k less to be here over Minny)

Sorry, I hate to toss the Bull$#it flag here, but in 1999 Green bay posted an 8-8 season...

and if you count 8-8 seasons as winning records, then Miami has also had a string of 8-8 or better seasons that runs allll the way back to 1989. Green Bays run only goes back to '92.

ZING!

Originally posted by Barbarian

Sorry, I hate to toss the Bull$#it flag here, but in 1999 Green bay posted an 8-8 season...

and if you count 8-8 seasons as winning records, then Miami has also had a string of 8-8 or better seasons that runs allll the way back to 1989. Green Bays run only goes back to '92.

ZING!

:D i JUST KNEW SOMEONE WOULD COME UP WITH THAT BEFORE I DID. (sorry about caps loc) ;)

Back
Top Bottom