Koa Misi - No pressure v.s. 2nd and 3rd strings OL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koa Misi - No pressure v.s. 2nd and 3rd strings OL

I've never been enthralled with Misi. He's a role player who gives good effort - for a 2nd rounder, I expected more talent.

my goodness you just seem to hate everything, just remember hindsight is 20/20

He was a reach in a sense that with a top 40 pick, you want the guy to be a hell of a pass rusher or atleast have that as part of his game. Nolan handpicked him, he feels like he needed a guy who can do alot of the "other" things, so I'll ride with him.

Can you provide evidence Nolan band picked him?

not really sold on misi i think some of the undrafted guys are making a case
like spears trusnick mitchell

you and me both targeted hakeem nicks at #25 slimm...i remember...

but whether you agree or not misi was a waste of a top 40 pick...hell we let washed up jason taylor go so this kid could get every down run and he dissappointed so much as a pass rusher they brought back jason taylor...that says it all...

2 down olb who doesn't cover man to man down the field in our scheme but drops into a soft zone and coverage in the flats is not ever worth a top 40 pick....

No you had Hakeem Nicks targeted at #25, I had Clay Matthews... although I liked Nicks if Matthews was gone.

Jason Taylor is going to be pretty bad as the season wears on just like he always is... he's going to tee off on quarterbacks trying to pad his sack total while the guy with the football is going to run right past him as usual...

Miami needed another pass rusher no matter how good of a pass rusher Misi is... they decided on Jason Taylor. I wouldn't have done that either...

I gotta agree with Hoops on this one..Not that I saw it coming, but Misi has been a big let down..At least so far....He is not going to beat any LT in the league..that seems to be clear.. I dont know why he does not face RT's more instead Wake is the guy who ends up facing them.. Misi is pretty much void of making any plays..I hope he some how gets better..but having no pass rush moves is a very very bad thing at OLB. . . No quickness off the edge at all.. No burst, never uses his hands...Bringing JT back shows how much confidence we have in Misi getting pressure..Misi is good at setting the edge,which he had trouble doing in the preseason last year... Without Wake this team has no pass rush. Oddrick and Jt need to step up big time.

I do agree with Slimm that we should use Misi's versatilty more... If he was in Rex's Ryans scheme he would be moved all over the place.. .

you and me both targeted hakeem nicks at #25 slimm...i remember...

but whether you agree or not misi was a waste of a top 40 pick...hell we let washed up jason taylor go so this kid could get every down run and he dissappointed so much as a pass rusher they brought back jason taylor...that says it all...

2 down olb who doesn't cover man to man down the field in our scheme but drops into a soft zone and coverage in the flats is not ever worth a top 40 pick....

Can you not bring up Nicks? It doesn't help me with my anger management issues!

No you had Hakeem Nicks targeted at #25, I had Clay Matthews... although I liked Nicks if Matthews was gone.

Jason Taylor is going to be pretty bad as the season wears on just like he always is... he's going to tee off on quarterbacks trying to pad his sack total while the guy with the football is going to run right past him as usual...

Miami needed another pass rusher no matter how good of a pass rusher Misi is... they decided on Jason Taylor. I wouldn't have done that either...

the only way jason taylor will get productive pass rush at this stage is if you either scheme him free clean looks or someone flushes him to his side and jt can pick up the scraps and take all the credit...ha ha... living on his past reputation with our current coaching staff...

Misi was never a pass rusher, he's a pretty damn good edge setter in Nolan's defense.

So was Roth. Roth was one of the best edge setters weve had in a very long time. Im not sure if he is better than Misi overall

misi hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire setting the edge here either...its more we hope he becomes a terrific edge setter than he is one at this stage...at least from what i've seen...i like his cod and his hips and he's got some pop in his hands but i don't see an explosive guy in anything really...jack of all trades master of none

So was Roth. Roth was one of the best edge setters weve had in a very long time. Im not sure if he is better than Misi overall

Letting go of Roth was a huge mistake..but really he is nothing special..Pretty much just an older Koa Misi.. but at least we would not have had to waste another 2nd rounder..

Letting go of Roth was a huge mistake..but really he is nothing special..Pretty much just an older Koa Misi.. but at least we would not have had to waste another 2nd rounder..

and thats exactly what we've done...wasted a 2nd rounder...not busted on a 2nd rounder with misi or anything...but just wasted a very high pick on a guy who looks like he's a 2 down player for life at this stage

we'll be looking for a long term at minimum situational edge rusher this upcoming offseason guaranteed...if not the draft somewhere...this kids not the guy to play 3 downs effectively

Can you provide evidence Nolan band picked him?

No I can't, I'm just assuming Nolan would have had some input in what type of guy he wants for his system. Obviously Jeff Ireland had the final say on who to draft.

then again maybe nolan has some bigger plan for misi...where he'll take more advantage of his versatility or blitz him etc...i just know off what we've seen to date this isn't exactly great return value were getting...

Misi was never a pass rusher, he's a pretty damn good edge setter in Nolan's defense.

Also good in coverage but his lack of pass rush moves is disappointing. He can't think quick enough to counter when he gets stopped. He's basically a one trick pony with a bull rush and that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom