Koa Misi - No pressure v.s. 2nd and 3rd strings OL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koa Misi - No pressure v.s. 2nd and 3rd strings OL

He's not a speed rusher so you won't see him turning the edge like Wake. What he does do is push his man back into the quarterback.

He'll be fine.

Meh. That doesn't require talent in a pass rushing sense as all Misi has is a bull rush.

Misi only had 1 sack over the final 10 games last year. That's because once teams studied him after a couple games into the season, he was easy to stop on the pass rush with such a limited arsenal in his repertoire. Misi is good in coverage and decent against the run. That's it.

In a 3-4 defense, you want pass rushing talent from your OLB's, first and foremost. For a high 2nd round pick, the guy better have pass rushing talent. You can find guys like Misi that are decent against the run and in coverage in later rounds.

If Misi doesn't develop a good pass rush, and I don't think he can as he doesn't have the physical ability to turn the arc at full speed while sinking his hips, then it wasn't a very good draft selection considering where he was taken

Man I could of sworn I saw Koa beating his man a few times last night, maybe I'll get around to watching the game again but I thought he played well. His job is not all about getting pressure, he does alot of things well and you need that from your strongside OLB. We know he isn't this elite pass rusher and hopefully he makes strides in that area. I remember hearing camp reports about Bryan Cox working with JT and Cam Wake, I believe in some pass rush drills, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why Misi wasn't working with them.

This. Pass rushing is just not his forte. He can be solid. Just needs to stay at strongside.

I've always felt misi should be a MLB I bet money he could out perform AJ Edds once he learns the position. Edds looks slower than Chowder

Wasn't very surprised when we drafted Misi, he is a Parcell prototypical player. May not put up the sexy numbers, but he is still a good player.. Hes good at setting the edge, and making plays when it comes his way.. He isn't going to be a JT/Wake kind of player. He probably will never get more than 10 sacks in a season, but not everyone in the league can average the high number of stats.

IF there's a weak link in our front 7 it has to be him.

The rest are very good and he's just okay.

Hense Jason Taylor

Really hoping he takes the next step.

the no brainer pick was gronkowski. misi was always a reach in the 2nd.

ireland likes to out think himself.

when u get into pissing matches about how bad and how many different ways u can bash misi it is evident u have a wack fanbase.

IF there's a weak link in our front 7 it has to be him.

The rest are very good and he's just okay.

Hense Jason Taylor

Really hoping he takes the next step.

Misi being a weakspot in our front 7 isn't bad when our other part of the front 7 is Wake, Dansby, Burnett, Paul, Langford, Starks.

we've seen one regular season out of the guy after a college career where he took the majority of snaps at defensive tackle (at around 6'3" 240). let's see how he does in year two, huh?

Meh. That doesn't require talent in a pass rushing sense as all Misi has is a bull rush.

Misi only had 1 sack over the final 10 games last year. That's because once teams studied him after a couple games into the season, he was easy to stop on the pass rush with such a limited arsenal in his repertoire. Misi is good in coverage and decent against the run. That's it.

In a 3-4 defense, you want pass rushing talent from your OLB's, first and foremost. For a high 2nd round pick, the guy better have pass rushing talent. You can find guys like Misi that are decent against the run and in coverage in later rounds.

If Misi doesn't develop a good pass rush, and I don't think he can as he doesn't have the physical ability to turn the arc at full speed while sinking his hips, then it wasn't a very good draft selection considering where he was taken

i see greyboy gets it...

There's no way Misi improves... Its impossible. Misi is a bust after one season, cut him! Looks ridiculous doesnt it? We'll this is exactly what you guys are saying in this thread...

There's no way Misi improves... Its impossible. Misi is a bust after one season, cut him! Looks ridiculous doesnt it? We'll this is exactly what you guys are saying in this thread...

Truth be told, the guy had a solid season. Rookie, starting from day 1 and he held his own. Did everything that was asked of him and played with a high motor. Maybe that isn't #40 overall material.

And it wasn't an exact science anyways . . . from what I'm hearing, Jerry Hughes is on the bubble in Indy . . . would love to bring that guy in and put him as an OLB in a 3-4 defense. Hell Leonard Hankerson may be cut and people were on his dick this past draft. Getting solid production from Misi seems real nice right about now, especially with our 2nd round pick history.

good...cut hughes and get him to what he should be doing...playing stand up 3-4 olb...and i'll take hankerson in miami also...cut wallace or marlon moore to make it happen

Back
Top Bottom