Who would you rather have?

• Kome (i mean kobe) :)

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Lebron "King" James

Votes: 17 40.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LMAO

cmon, you just called Varejao a good PF and gibson a legit point guard, bwahahaha

that instantly throws your whole post into nonsense land...

I'll take Varejao and Gibson over Smush and Kwame any day of the week. Heck, I'd take nothing over Smush and Kwame.

:lol::lol: Are they even in the league. They were the Lakers starters.
Smush Parker is in the Heat. :couch3: Though he's busy fist fighting with valet parking women employees.

His contract will be bought out soon enough though. So you can sign him.

:lol::lol: Are they even in the league. They were the Lakers starters.

Smush is resorting to fighting female valet employees and couldn't even beat out the lowly Heat guards for a spot. Kwame's getting more fat sitting on the pine. Kobe had to play against a Phoenix team that rivaled the Spurs in talent with two former starters who now can't even get more than 5 minutes playing time on lottery teams.

When did Kobe ever lead a group of scrubs? He's never made it out of the first round without Shaq. Lebron led a group of scrubs to the finals, idc if its in the east, he still lead his team through some good teams.

I love how kobe fans forget how kobe was dogging it the first 2 weeks of the season until he realized his team was decent this year. Kobe has the best supporting cast in the league. Kobe mopped, complained and wanted to be traded until he realized he has a good team and decided he would play there.

This should be fun. For future reference, you probably shouldn't paraphrase articles from Bill Simmons if you want to be taken seriously. The guy is the biggest Boston Celtics homer this side of Sam Malone and furthermore, his articles offer very little in terms of facts. He is an entertainment/humorist writer that uses sports as his background. He is also the person most responsible for perpetuating this myth that Kobe somehow "slacked" the first two weeks of the season. Allow me to set everyone straight

L.A. played seven games between the opening of their season (Oct. 30) and Nov. 14th (the two week "slacker" time period). What were Kobe's stats? 28.5 ppg, 49% shooting percentage, 7.5 rpg, and 5 apg. The stats that are bolded represent marks that are higher than his season averages to date. So I ask you this. Where and when, exactly, did Kobe slack off? The answer is, he didn't. Thanks for playing.

I'll take Varejao and Gibson over Smush and Kwame any day of the week. Heck, I'd take nothing over Smush and Kwame.
but kobe didnt take that team anywhere and lebron took his team to the finals. That argument proves nothing. Kobe cant get out of the first round of the playoffs without shaq, lebron takes his team to the finals. We all know th eonly team gibson would be starting for is Miami and verjao wouldnt even start in Miami. Zydrunas is overrated and old too

an the poll was never supposed to be unbiased, i made it clear in my first post that i was a a lebron supporter over kobe.

If you go back and read the post in the thread you created this arguement has been already shot down. Ill make it easier for you.

Got to the Finals so he can be embarrassed by the Spurs. He wouldnt even made it to the conf. finals out west. Spurs and Suns have been the best team in the West and the WCF went 7 games between them. Kobe by himself took one of those team to game 7 with nothing. Nobody in this league not even Lebron would trade his players for the crap Kobe had to play with. Everyone is saying Kobe has better role players NOW but nobody wanted theses players in the beginning of the season. Some thought they wouldnt even make it to the playoffs. Even Kobe was critical of these players commitment to winning. Give credit to Kobe Phil and staff because they developed these players and gave them the motivation to exceed their expectation.

E M B A R R A S S E D against the Spurs. Couldnt even win one game. One freaking game he couldnt win. Just goes to show the east is a cake walk that the Clippers could of made it to the finals out east.

but kobe didnt take that team anywhere and lebron took his team to the finals. That argument proves nothing. Kobe cant get out of the first round of the playoffs without shaq, lebron takes his team to the finals. We all know th eonly team gibson would be starting for is Miami and verjao wouldnt even start in Miami. Zydrunas is overrated and old too

an the poll was never supposed to be unbiased, i made it clear in my first post that i was a a lebron supporter over kobe.

Yea, we're talking Eastern vs. Western Conference here. I think facing Phoenix in a 7 game early playoff series is a lot harder than facing New Jersey or Washington. And we even came close. If Cavs had to face Phoenix, they'd get swept the same way they got swept by the Spurs.

If you go back and read the post in the thread you created this arguement has been already shot down. Ill make it easier for you.

E M B A R R A S S E D against the Spurs. Couldnt even win one game. One freaking game he couldnt win. Just goes to show the east is a cake walk that the Clippers could of made it to the finals out east.
Here gos your argument. before last year, two eastern conference teams won the nba championship so my question to you is, if the east was able to win the championship those two years then the west couldnt have been all that great but yet why was kobe not able to at least carry his team out of the first round those two years?

The East is top heavy. Are you that naive to notice that. Look what happen to James when he got to face a West team in the playoff.Look at every east team that reached the finals that isnt the Piston or Heat. Those game werent even a game. That why they always said the WCF is going to determine the Championship. BTW Kobe never got swept in the playoffs.

got this at ESPN SportsNation

Who is the better overall player right now?

61.9%Kobe Bryant
38.1%LeBron James
Total Votes: 57,738

Just to help further the Kobe Bryant argument further. One of the knocks against him is that he has a better team than LeBron an dbetter support. While I think that is true, one must remember that outside of Pau Gasol, the priniciples on the Lakers remained the same. Meaning the same guys he played with last year and the year before that, are the same guys he is playing with now with very few exceptions.

Sasha Vujacic, Jordan Farmar, Andrew Bynum, Ronny Turiaf, Luke Walton, Vladimir Radmanovich, Chris Mihm, and Lamar Odom were all on the team last year, and most the year before that. Considering most of these guys are having career years (Bynum, Turiaf, Farmar, Vujacic), I think you would be hard pressed to say Kobe doesn't make his teammates better.

But that doesn't account for Pau right? Well how about this. Since the trade, Kobe's assists have gone up. Meaning he is making his teammates even better. Pau Gasol is now averaging OVER 20 points a game with the Lakers as opposed to less than 20 with the Grizzlies.

Lamar Odom is averaging 14.5 points per game since the trade. Before that? More than a full point less. Sasha Vujacic, since the trade is averaging over 10 points a game.

I think what this shows is that while Pau has made the Lakers stronger, it is Kobe who has, in essence made his key teammates even better, which is why they are playing so well.

it doesnt matter if he is in the east, he single handly beat the pistons in a 7 game series...you can bring up stats for other players in that series but lebron is the one and only reason they got to the finals...you can complain blah blah blah how he got into the finals in a weak east, but he got past one of the best teams in league....the lakers would've got sweept

Back
Top Bottom