Kudos To The Front Office For These Moves | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kudos To The Front Office For These Moves

I would roll with Tannehill in 2019, with approximately $35m-$40m in cap space they'll be able fill in the roster. The 2020 season is when I'd cut Tannehill loose and hopefully by then, Miami will have found it's QB of the future. 2019 also may be the year to start trading down, if possible, in the draft; being it's considered to be deep at positions of need for Miami.

The other two aren't All Pro level either. That term is thrown around all too casually.

Frank Gore has never been first team All Pro and was named second team All Pro only one time, despite now being the 4th leading rusher in NFL history. That should provide some perspective toward the burden of being named All Pro.

Drake isn't in the same stratosphere. His name won't come up at all in the All Pro conversation.
Gore didn't make more All Pro teams only because he operated in one of the most dysfunctional offenses in the league for the core of his career. The 49ers under Harbaugh were better, but by that time the 49ers were putting him on a pitch count. On a better team, Gore wold have put up far more yards from 2007-2012 and he would have gotten far more recognition at the All Pro level. That said, he may not be still running had he been getting 300+ runs over that time frame.

this front office hits at such a low percentage on first round talent it deserves no praise. You can't miss every year in the first round, not have an o-line, have huge question marks at QB, no legit outside WR and not be considered incompetent.

Someone made a remark about other teams...yeah the other garbage teams like the raiders, jets, bills and so on are just as ridiculous.

this front office hits at such a low percentage on first round talent it deserves no praise. You can't miss every year in the first round, not have an o-line, have huge question marks at QB, no legit outside WR and not be considered incompetent.

Someone made a remark about other teams...yeah the other garbage teams like the raiders, jets, bills and so on are just as ridiculous.

Chris Grier has been GM since 2016.

He is in charge of the draft and college scouting.

He has had exactly three drafts.

He has selected Laremy Tunsil, who looks to be on his way to becoming our best LT since Richmond Webb, Charles Harris, slow to develop but looked better with extended duty versus the Bengals (but the jury is definitely still out), and Minkah, who looks like a star in the making.

That's "low percentage," "missing every year," and "incompetent"?

Seriously?

Seem to be doing quite well in lower rounds and avoiding the big name FAs.

I commented about this in another post also, but it seems like some major change was made the last couple years in offseason strategy. All the sudden we stopped the splash signings, and have even been drafting slightly better. It's almost like they gave Grier more power behind closed doors without announcing anything.

I commented about this in another post also, but it seems like some major change was made the last couple years in offseason strategy. All the sudden we stopped the splash signings, and have even been drafting slightly better. It's almost like they gave Grier more power behind closed doors without announcing anything.
The understanding always was that Grier had control over the draft and college scouting. Maybe it took a year or two for him to screen out any interference :D

Now if we could only find the qb of the future. and i agree if we continue to do well for the next two or three years in the draft and free agency we will be one of the best teams in the nfl.

Then we will be more consistent...As far as winning games....I mean we play well for a couple of games then we get blown out the next...There are some inconsistencies there that need to be corrected.

a couple years back we had a good record at beginning playing well then we played the saints and got blown out...>everything went downhill from there.

That, IMO, is a major change. Signing big money/high demand FAs is for those teams 'one piece away.' Miami isn't there.

Keep forgetting about McCain as well. I believe he was a fifth rounder. Miami may try to upgrade there, but he's proven to be pretty valuable.

Could be!

I think he has elite skills!
I guess you think Gase is an idiot then. Because if the coaching staff thought he was all that, he would be getting more touches.

Drake, IMO, is an above average 3 down back. He has "elite" speed, and can roll off 40 yards on any given play.

That said, Gore is more reliable. He doesn't have many negative plays. He is more solid in pass pro, and he's far less likely to put the ball on the ground at the goal line.

I guess you think Gase is an idiot then. Because if the coaching staff thought he was all that, he would be getting more touches.

Drake, IMO, is an above average 3 down back. He has "elite" speed, and can roll off 40 yards on any given play.

That said, Gore is more reliable. He doesn't have many negative plays. He is more solid in pass pro, and he's far less likely to put the ball on the ground at the goal line.
I don't think he's an idiot.

I understand his philosophy and don't agree with it.

I'd be handing Drake the ball and throwing Drake the ball a lot more. A lot.

I disagreed when Gase was starting Damien Williams and splitting carries with Drake.

He just prefers to not rely on one guy, except for that one magical stretch with Ajayi, and after Williams got hurt last year and he had no choice but to feed Drake (and Drake excelled).

I don't think he's an idiot.

I understand his philosophy and don't agree with it.

I'd be handing Drake the ball and throwing Drake the ball a lot more. A lot.

I disagreed when Gase was starting Damien Williams and splitting carries with Drake.

He just prefers to not rely on one guy, except for that one magical stretch with Ajayi, and after Williams got hurt last year and he had no choice but to feed Drake (and Drake excelled).
No doubt Drake has been underutilized. Hard to figure out why.

Back
Top Bottom