Kyle Pitts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts

I can certainly understand the theory behind selecting Pitts. He's an unbelievable talent. A TE combo of Pitts and Gesicki on the field together could potentially drive defenses absolutely nuts.

I can certainly understand the theory behind selecting Pitts. He's an unbelievable talent. A TE combo of Pitts and Gesicki on the field together could potentially drive defenses absolutely nuts.
One thing we have to be cognizant of also is that Gesicki will be entering year 4 next year, I assume he was on a 4 year rookie deal so we will need to make a decision on his extension soon. We don't know what the FO and coaching staff think in terms of his production, last year was great, this year hasn't been as good but you can't really judge him until we get a little more comfortable with Tua at QB. Drafting Pitts, covers you a little here, in case Mike asks for more money than we believe he's worth to the team.

Even with Tua the fins want to be a physical running team.

So a more complete TE might be more to their liking than a pumped up WR like Pitts.

I say draft Pitts and call him a WR.

Problem solved.

Not sure how much they ask him to block but he is a huge dude who I am sure can be coached up in that area.

The kid from Miami Brevin Jordan is much more of a beefed up WR than a true TE but he is a weapon who would help the Fins as well.

It will be interesting to see where Pitts is drafted in relation to the top 4-5 WR's.
What is Kyle Pitts...if not a beefed up WR?

I have Pitts (6' 6...240 lbs) as a Gesicki....
But Pitts has the frame to get bigger and is a more physical player than Gesicki was at the same stage.

I am all for drafting Pitts and just calling him a WR.

He is going to be a match up nightmare in the NFL.

But Pitts has the frame to get bigger and is a more physical player than Gesicki was at the same stage.

You are projecting a bit much and, I dare say, you are looking at Pitts through rose-colored glasses. When you out Jordan as a Gesicki type, as opposed to Pitts, it raised an eyebrow. Jordan is a safety blanket who is more a Jarvis Landry type.

I humbly think we would be better served drafting a stud wr in the first then a blocking lite TE

I think I did something to cause a glitch in the post - sorry about that. But, thank you SF. Very good to come back and see posters like you contributing excellent stuff.
Like a lot of people have lost some friends and family to COVID. Glad you are still around, as that crossed my mind! Missed your take on the NFL draft and all your well-thought out posts. How excited are you about Tua?

Back
Top Bottom