Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

He's the same height as Russell Wilson...and in the same mold.

I'll leave it at that.

If he's the same height as Russell Wilson, I'll be even more intrigued. I'm 99.9% sure he's not. If he makes it to the combine, we will find out. I'm going to guess about a full inch shorter.

Yep it's been overlooked a lot, his stats are not overwhelming. He was drafted 9th overall but that's based on potential rather than proven product on the field. He's not a sure thing in baseball, he's much more "proven" at the college level in football, hell he has a Heisman Trophy. For baseball, he will go straight into the A's farm system, it can take years and years to get through double A and triple A before he eventually gets a call to the bigs, if ever. For Football, if he's drafted in the first, which he will be, he's instantly the face of a franchise and playing the most important position for his team in year 1 or year 2 at worst.

And baseball has like 40 rounds in their draft. The % of first rounders that truly "make it" are relatively low. Less than half have careers that last 3 or more years. Choosing being an NFL QB to me is a no brainer over riding buses while playing Class A ball in Any Town USA. He likely immediately gets a crack at being a starting NFL QB.

Is this what we want... ?

Dw5hYw-X4AESsPP.jpg

at 13 ?

Well if good, we win
If no good probably have a high draft pick for QB part II
Could blow a good lineman at 13, but them if CK's right

Is this what we want... ?

Dw5hYw-X4AESsPP.jpg

at 13 ?

Well if good, we win
If no good probably have a high draft pick for QB part II
Could blow a good lineman at 13, but them if CK's right

Yes I do. Also if we dont someone else will
Probably before us. You dont leave the MLB to declare in the nfl draft not to go early in the 1st round. But typical dolphins, someone always takes the better player before we do.

If he's the same height as Russell Wilson, I'll be even more intrigued. I'm 99.9% sure he's not. If he makes it to the combine, we will find out. I'm going to guess about a full inch shorter.
You're right, officially he's an inch shorter, reports suggest he could be another inch in reality.

We need to figure out a way to go up and get Murray. It's been way too long since the Dolphins had an elite QB and that's the reason for our mediocrity. We hung WAY too long with just Tannehill. That was a massive mistake that is still setting us back.

Simply off the eye ball test he looks smaller than Wilson. I wouldn't be shocked to see him come in at less than 5'9. He doesn't look like he can carry much more weight either

Jacob Eason is the type of talent that could end up being the no.1 pick, he could be a target in 2020.

I like Eason. He was playing well at Ga. until he got injured and Fromm took over. He’s got good size, is mobile, and has a live arm. I want to see what he does in Washington now that Browning is gone.

I'm betting his measurements will cause him to slip in the draft, since he's not a prototype. If so, maybe we can make something work.

We need to figure out a way to go up and get Murray. It's been way too long since the Dolphins had an elite QB and that's the reason for our mediocrity. We hung WAY too long with just Tannehill. That was a massive mistake that is still setting us back.

What makes you think he'll be "elite." He may measure at 5'8" and change. He's a great college QB. So were Troy Smith and Matt Leinhart etc., etc. Lots to consider before giving up more draft capital to getting him. I'd rather see Miami trade down and pick up assets in this and next year's draft when they'll be picking top 5 without having to trade up.

Back
Top Bottom