Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

I like Eason. He was playing well at Ga. until he got injured and Fromm took over. He’s got good size, is mobile, and has a live arm. I want to see what he does in Washington now that Browning is gone.

Yea and that arm is crazy.

Jacob Eason is the type of talent that could end up being the no.1 pick, he could be a target in 2020.

I like Eason too but I need to see him All over again. I actually believe Fromm is the least talented out of Fromm, Eason, fields

Simply off the eye ball test he looks smaller than Wilson. I wouldn't be shocked to see him come in at less than 5'9. He doesn't look like he can carry much more weight either

That's my thought too. It's not just the height it's the overall build. He's "smallish". I couldn't believe how tiny he looked against 'bama. At a certain point, despite the pendulum shift away from 6'4" QBs, height matters, partly because of everything else its related to, including the ability to survive hits in the NFL. I mean, do people really believe a 5'8" QB could be a star in the NFL? I'd love to be wrong on this one and see it in Miami but I just don't want them to take that chance if it means trading up. Heck, I wouldn't want that pick at 13 if he's 5'8". Trade back, build the interior O-line, get extra picks and load up for a run at a QB in 2020. Roll over cap space to next year and they could be in business.

Reactions: A1.
That's my thought too. It's not just the height it's the overall build. He's "smallish". I couldn't believe how tiny he looked against 'bama. At a certain point, despite the pendulum shift away from 6'4" QBs, height matters, partly because of everything else its related to, including the ability to survive hits in the NFL. I mean, do people really believe a 5'8" QB could be a star in the NFL? I'd love to be wrong on this one and see it in Miami but I just don't want them to take that chance if it means trading up. Heck, I wouldn't want that pick at 13 if he's 5'8". Trade back, build the interior O-line, get extra picks and load up for a run at a QB in 2020. Roll over cap space to next year and they could be in business.

Personally I like his projection to the NFL. But there's no hiding it's a risk at his size. He's not just small, he's the smallest guy on the field. But in this era w/ the rules and whatnot, if he's smart he will be able to help protect himself from a lot of contact

Now if he was like tua and seemingly fighting off injuries, I'd be more concerned already

Personally I like his projection to the NFL. But there's no hiding it's a risk at his size. He's not just small, he's the smallest guy on the field. But in this era w/ the rules and whatnot, if he's smart he will be able to help protect himself from a lot of contact

Now if he was like tua and seemingly fighting off injuries, I'd be more concerned already

That's fair. And agreed on the Tua concerns. If Miami were a QB away from being a contender I'd have no problem pushing all the chips to the middle of the table and going all in. Unless they're convinced he's a star at the next level, I'd still favor building the o-line properly first via trade-down, stockpiling picks next year and rolling over salary cap to 2020. THEN go get your QB and I think they'll be in a position to get that guy in 2020. It will be a very interesting time leading up to the draft.

So, I get that this young man has supposedly received a draft grade of 2nd-3rd round. I get that he's apparently around 5'9" and that's definitely a lot different from being 6'. But I still think he will be gone in the top half of the first round, because taking Kyler Murray in the top half of the first round fits with what NFL decision makers are scrambling to do right now. They are scrambling to project the next genius move; the next Sean McVay or the Next Patrick Mahomes.

The NFL is willing to take risky gambles on guys like Kliff Kingsbury, Matt LaFleur, and Zac Taylor, because they think trying to find the next McVay is worth the risk of hiring a trainwreck coach who can be fired in a year or two.

Well, instead of projecting McVay onto Taylor, Kingsbury, or LaFleur, NFL decision makers are going to project Patrick Mahomes or perhaps Russell Wilson or maybe Baker Mayfield on Kyler Murray. I think he's gone on the first night of the draft.

Simply off the eye ball test he looks smaller than Wilson. I wouldn't be shocked to see him come in at less than 5'9. He doesn't look like he can carry much more weight either

Looks smaller to me too. Slot corner frame

I agree doesn’t look like he can carry much more weight but if he could I’d want it in his lower half. That just looks like what his frames always gonna be cause he doesn’t have a big trunk to pack weight in.

Jacob Eason is the type of talent that could end up being the no.1 pick, he could be a target in 2020.

Never heard of him but if we don’t put all our chips in a draft QBs basket in this coming draft I’m gonna spend a ton of time watching college football qbs in 2019.

That much I know. It’s kinda fun too when it’s a true sexy position like qb. If you don’t like watching qb play you must not like ball.

Back
Top Bottom