Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

I agree with that too if he comes in 5 foot 8 well now we are really moving the needle at the position.

I expect 5 foot 9ish and 195 lbs

Supposedly he was measured out in Oklahoma at 5'9 and 7/8 in socks. We'll see come combine time, but if you're all in on Murray the half an inch won't move the needle. You either trust him to play the position according to his body type or you don't. My take is that he always has (successfully), and upstairs he's smart enough to maintain that.

Where does the "flat out fly" assessment come from? I ask honestly. I haven't seen him much but was watching highlights the other day and he was run down from behind pretty easily on a couple of runs. Seems more quick than fast.

He's both. A QB is very rarely going to be the fastest guy on the field, but Murray is faster than most of em.

I’d be very cautious around him. The minute he’s not succeeding in football, he runs off to play baseball. Could be a total waste of a pick for Miami to set them back...again.

if he drop to 13 you would be fool not take him. it would suck to see him come to Miami and beat us...so what if he don't work out draft. draft another qb in 2021.

if he drop to 13 you would be fool not take him. it would suck to see him come to Miami and beat us...so what if he don't work out draft. draft another qb in 2021.

there is a reason behind the drop.

there is a reason behind the drop.

You know who else dropped? Brees, Mahomes, Brady, they are playing in the championship games next weekend. Foles, he won SB last year. You know who else dropped? Wilson, he also played in a couple of SBs prevoiusly,. Before that Flacco and Kapernick. You know who else? Ben Rothliesberger.

I am guessing you havent watched a ton of Murray...Because he is that guy....Hes not a vick type. Hes exactly what you said its best to have...
A lot of ppl feel the same way.
Eason has accuracy and decision making issues right now. Fromm's arm isn't as strong but is accuracy is way better than Eason's and the little bit of Fields we saw. His decision making and game IQ are great and that is where Eason really lacked while at Ga. I want to see them open it up a bit more and put some more on Fromms plate this year and see what he can do.

I’m concerned with the fact he is 5’9” 195 pounds. Is that tall enough to see over the line, provide enough arch to be accurate on shorter passes without getting them knocked down or big enough to absorb hits from 290 lb lineman. Gifted, for sure but maybe baseball is a better option for him, plus he’s another draft me in the first or don’t draft me at all guy. I don’t care for that attitude. I’d prefer someone who wants to play this sport and status of round picked isn’t the top priority. If he’s good and can get past what others are concerned with he will get his payday.

He's not gonna do anything but rise from here. I'd put money on him going #1 by the time it's all said and done. Assuming Arizona is sticking with Rosen and is open to dealing that pick, I think the question becomes are you confident in the team's ability to build a team around Murray after the booty of picks it will take to get him?

I'd let the draft come to me knowing you have some better QB drafts on the horizon fwiw ... this draft is screaming trenches.

With all the hype we probably don't have a chance of getting Murray unless he drops severely on his pro day or combine.....but, the good thing with him committing means that one of the others may drop to us. That or drop to say the #10 spot and we could make a deal to move up there and grab a QB. But I think Haskins & Murray are gone before 10 (to the Giants & Jaguars) ...that leaves Lock (possibly to Broncos) , Jones and Grier. We'd have a good shot at one of those 3.

I'd rather not trade up at all and stand pat....but if there's a trade partner (maybe the Lions at #8??) and we can jump the Broncos that could very well happen. Question is, is it worth trying to move to #8 to get Lock?

With all the hype we probably don't have a chance of getting Murray unless he drops severely on his pro day or combine.....but, the good thing with him committing means that one of the others may drop to us. That or drop to say the #10 spot and we could make a deal to move up there and grab a QB. But I think Haskins & Murray are gone before 10 (to the Giants & Jaguars) ...that leaves Lock (possibly to Broncos) , Jones and Grier. We'd have a good shot at one of those 3.

I'd rather not trade up at all and stand pat....but if there's a trade partner (maybe the Lions at #8??) and we can jump the Broncos that could very well happen. Question is, is it worth trying to move to #8 to get Lock?

No

I say they draft a qb until they find a good and if they find more than one then that's trade bait for more picks. Stop drafting for said need all it's done is make them mediocre at best. Get talent and parlay that talent into the team or resources for the team. I'm sick of watching the pats every freakin afc championship game.

Back
Top Bottom