Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

Heard today on NFL net. that as far as passing Wilsons more side arm where Murry more over the top actually giving Murry a few more inches of height over the Wilson pass...

This guy has the potential to be what we need and needed desperately for years. If your taken a shot at #1 draft pick IMO there's no choice you got to get him. And if he was there at 13 which also probably a pipe dream how high do you go to get him... Thats more the thinking, not that we'd pass on him at 13...

How many 5-10 quarterbacks are successful in college?

Does it have to be exactly 5'10", or does the extra inch D'Eriq King brings at 5'11" or the extra 2" height of Ian Book make a significant difference? Tua is 6'1", making him a giant in comparison. Milton also towers over him at 5'11". Of course, only Tua came close to his level of success without the added running threat.

This logic doesn't make any sense.

1. If they didn't pass he wouldn't be available thus nullifying your argument.
2. Other teams need different pieces to fit their agenda.
3. There have been countless Hall of Fame caliber players that have not gone outside the top 10.

If you are going to give a reason for not drafting him, at least base it on skill, size, ability and not what other teams do.

1 if they didnt pass there would be no argument. we are assuming they pass.
should they not pass then i would be very happy i would be sad if come D draft pick and the little guy is still available, knowing the Ds drafted a wide receiver for a qb that 'fell'
to them. if the Ds had not drafted Tanny third round would have been his destiny.

2 yes but many teams need a qb, and if he really was elite, teams would
draft him regardless but they wont because hes as big as J Grant. Guy is tiny.

3 but very qbs that have been 5 foot 7-8

Does it have to be exactly 5'10", or does the extra inch D'Eriq King brings at 5'11" or the extra 2" height of Ian Book make a significant difference? Tua is 6'1", making him a giant in comparison. Milton also towers over him at 5'11". Of course, only Tua came close to his level of success without the added running threat.

ive been watching tv and if hes 5' 10, J Grant is 6'3. the guy is super small.

Huh?

Pat White couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a football, standing 10 feet away.
And I bet Murray can hit a baseball better too...what's that got to do with a comment regarding Murray's size and ability to take a pounding in the NFL?

And I bet Murray can hit a baseball better too...what's that got to do with a comment regarding Murray's size and ability to take a pounding in the NFL?
Did you read the post I responded to?

No...you didn't, did you?

A few more questions for you...
  1. Do you know who Pat White is?
  2. Do you know why he was drafted?
If the answer to any of the above questions is, "No," kindly follow the bouncing ball all the way to the start before you comment.

Pat White and Kyler Murray are two different QBs...if you could actually call White a QB, in good faith.

I bet he chose to enter because of Kingsbury and what he said about him. I see him going 1st overall to the Cardinals, or them trading down to anywhere in the top 5 and still being able to pick him up.

I honestly don’t see the Phins trading up for him, but if he falls to them at 13 all bets are off.

Let's say Murray is 5-3. How many quarterbacks who were 5-3 were also successful in college? The answer is: not many, if any, in college. But he was.
The thought process behind the people who don't support us selecting Murray in the first round is on par with the thinking in regards to the o-line when I first signed up in '16.

"You don't waste a premium pick on the interior...."

Indy did it successfully, and now it's front and center.

"You don't draft a top ten QB at a position of need if they aren't at least 6' 4."

...as Cleveland (of all teams) and the Seahawks smile to themselves while looking at us in the rearview.

For those of you who don't recall, Dan Marino was the 6th (sixth, numero seis) quarterback taken in the 1983 draft at #27 (we lost the super bowl the year before to Washington and had the 2nd to last pick of 28 teams). Names taken before him include 2 HOFers (Kelly and Elway) and 3 NOT even close to HOFers (Eason, Blackledge, O'Brien). Rodgers dropped way down from top ten to the 20s; Brady was a 6th round pick; you can go on and on about guys taken much later than #13 in the first round. Just because everyone else thinks he should drop does not mean he should. Just my $0.02...

With his size all I can think of is watching the game where Pat White got hit and I thought he was dead!!! Stay away from him, way to small.

Tua is as close to his 6'1" listing as Kyler is to his 5'11" listing.

I think "small" is relative.

Is the kid "small framed" or tank-like (thick) but shorter than preferred spec?

At least on video he looks kinda "small" and not advertising "durability." But...

Maybe he can beef up a tad and not lose too much quicks and get beyond that question.

I'd have to ask -- can this kid still play his game at 205 or thereabouts?

One way or another -- you've got to access/project physical durability, which is

IMO a different matter than height alone -- but there's a legit reason the NFL is

not loaded with tots.

Maybe most critical as a QB -- is he small handed?

One of the obvious downsides I see is the potential to put the cart before the horse.

So we grab this kid #1 in '19 (because we're ALL starving for a QB dinner) and

it's still 2-3 years before we have the supporting cast intact

while this kid is running for his life and

know what I mean?

Counterpoint = Take your meds. Do your time. There's always going to be another great athlete @QB

down the line we can look at -- and if this kid makes it in the NFL -- the allowable spec will change

and maybe (i.e., copycats) lo and behold the college ranks will be offering more of the same...

I still think the safer bet is BUILD the BIGS FIRST then perhaps look at a tot.

Let's say Murray is 5-3. How many quarterbacks who were 5-3 were also successful in college? The answer is: not many, if any, in college. But he was.

Ah, I must have misread your post. Sorry ‘bout that.

Back
Top Bottom