Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

29. New England Patriots
Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma. Bill Belichick has made a career out of staying well ahead of the curve and inventing new ways to manufacture offensive production. Is it time for him to draft Tom Brady's heir apparent? Murray has a lot more pocket passing skills than you'd expect for a small, athletic quarterback.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...r-murray-jaguars-trade-up-for-dwayne-haskins/

I just don’t buy that kid will be sitting around that long. 5 years ago yeah but not anymore

Is Wilson still only 205 though? I’d guess with that lower half he’s probably closer to 215

Nah, he's thicker now, but he came in at 205. Murray is younger entering the league than Wilson, though, so he also has an opportunity to fill out more if need be.

Nah, he's thicker now, but he came in at 205. Murray is younger entering the league than Wilson, though, so he also has an opportunity to fill out more if need be.

Yeah but I don’t think he has the same trunk for carrying weight. Like if he’s 195 now I’d say maybe 10 more lbs on that frame before you start hitting diminishing returns. Maybe.

And wouldn’t shock me at all if he guzzled water before the combine weigh in to carry an extra 5 lbs on that frame that he doesn’t carry in season.

But there’s also nfl strength and condition programs and I get that to add good weight but again on that lower half he’s not gonna carry mucb more. Imo

How old is Murray anyways? Cause yeah that filling out makes more sense to me if he’s young.

On a different note Tannehill was listed at only 207 this year. On a 6 foot 4 frame.

So I’d call that less than ideal too.

Yeah but I don’t think he has the same trunk for carrying weight. Like if he’s 195 now I’d say maybe 10 more lbs on that frame before you start hitting diminishing returns. Maybe.

And wouldn’t shock me at all if he guzzled water before the combine weigh in to carry an extra 5 lbs on that frame that he doesn’t carry in season.

But there’s also nfl strength and condition programs and I get that to add good weight but again on that lower half he’s not gonna carry mucb more. Imo

How old is Murray anyways? Cause yeah that filling out makes more sense to me if he’s young.

Agree that Wilson is naturally thicker than Murray, but I don't see it being an issue. Wilson is pretty rocked.

I know his size worries everyone but apart from the obvious height advantage a tall QB has seeing over his line. Surely an athlete who is 5’9 /10 and 195lbs. Can withstand hits after all Darren sproles is 5’6 181lbs and takes big hits. I know QB vs RB but surely he would be fine if he learns how to slide or evade which he already does

I’ve got Murray as a top 5 player in the class overall right now. 4th actually

I know his size worries everyone but apart from the obvious height advantage a tall QB has seeing over his line. Surely an athlete who is 5’9 /10 and 195lbs. Can withstand hits after all Darren sproles is 5’6 181lbs and takes big hits. I know QB vs RB but surely he would be fine if he learns how to slide or evade which he already does
Murray’s line is 6’5”.

Same as NFL

Yeah of course that’s as expected good point and mutes that for me. So why the big issue with his size I know it’s not typical but if he can make the throws evade pressure and take hits there is no problem surely.

I’ve got Murray as a top 5 player in the class overall right now. 4th actually

Sounds about right and sadly he probably isn't going to drop much further than that in the draft.
So I see the questioning us picking him at what 13...as a pipe dream ..most likely have to give up more..

We'll have to move up 6 to 8 spots IMO to have a shot by draft day. And for me with this team at this point have no problem even moving up to the Raiders or Tampa to grab him, just don't give away any future high round picks 2020 +...Arguing over an inch is not near the top of my list of evaluating the guy. Actually more concerned with his true desire to be an NFL player and this MLB crap, as significant enough and a major consideration that must be Clearly realized in picking him that high...
Baseball's got to be completely out of the picture and he'd have to make that totally clear with possibly even some contractual guarantee for us to make that large of a commitment...JMO

Ya it's also 3 1/2 months away from the draft....

IMO something major would need to screw up like a public embarrassment, bickering with MLB, injury, for him to be there at 13...

If we actually do want him IMO you should start to realize and understand he will take more than our 13th pk.
Mels evaluation todays is meaningless....but him at 13 kinda does make some " toes tingle ", as Jim would have said...

Maaaaaaaaaan f*** little people, BIG people is where it's at, trade back and draft Jones!

Back
Top Bottom