Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

With all the hype we probably don't have a chance of getting Murray unless he drops severely on his pro day or combine.....but, the good thing with him committing means that one of the others may drop to us. That or drop to say the #10 spot and we could make a deal to move up there and grab a QB. But I think Haskins & Murray are gone before 10 (to the Giants & Jaguars) ...that leaves Lock (possibly to Broncos) , Jones and Grier. We'd have a good shot at one of those 3.

I'd rather not trade up at all and stand pat....but if there's a trade partner (maybe the Lions at #8??) and we can jump the Broncos that could very well happen. Question is, is it worth trying to move to #8 to get Lock?

Murray is really the only early round QB I have any interest in. I wouldn’t be angry if we got Haskins, but not my preference. If we miss on Murray, I hope they grab one of the awesome DL prospects or Devin White and then grab one of the mid-to-late round QBs.

So, don’t take any player considered to be top ten talent if he falls to 13?

everyone else passed, there has to be a reason. after the tanny experience we are going to do the same thing? then start getting players so he can succeed instead of the team winning. deja vu all over again. NO
besides he looks 5'6 on tv.

everyone else passed, there has to be a reason. after the tanny experience we are going to do the same thing? then start getting players so he can succeed instead of the team winning. deja vu all over again. NO
This logic doesn't make any sense.

1. If they didn't pass he wouldn't be available thus nullifying your argument.
2. Other teams need different pieces to fit their agenda.
3. There have been countless Hall of Fame caliber players that have not gone outside the top 10.

If you are going to give a reason for not drafting him, at least base it on skill, size, ability and not what other teams do.

You realized that, unless you're picking first, the "everyone else passed" statement applies to every options available to you at every pick in every draft....right?

Tannehill fell to 8 because he was not good in college but had a strong arm and looked the part. If Murray falls, it will be because he's great but seen as too small (still has a big arm, though). Basically the opposite reasons.

I don’t know that tamnehill fell per say. Think that broken foot he had at the combine which also had him miss senior bowl did.

But he was pretty raw coming out. I didn’t have a top 10 grade on him but I understand why Miami pulled that trigger

Absolutely cannot wait for the combine. The exaggeration on this site about Murray's height (or lack thereof) has gotten out of control.

"He's 5'4"! I swearz!!! It's like having Mary Lou Retton as a QB!!11!!!one!"

According to Sports Xchange, which I'm told may have gotten this figure when Kyler Murray was drafted by the MLB, he is 5096. According to his OU training staff, he measured 5097 in socks,

Either way he's about 3/4ths of an inch shorter than Russell Wilson.

Which by the way, means that he was being TRUTHFUL on at least one-half of the following, which is what he told Dan Patrick:

Dan Patrick: "Official height and weight...is what?"
Kyler Murray: "Official height and weight, uhh (laughter). I'd like to say 5'10" and umm- I'm giving you the real numbers, I believe: 5'10" and like, I'm 195 right now."

So he wasn't lying about saying he's 5'10". He's a pencil shaving shy of it, according to his OU trainers, and he's two pencil shavings shy of it according to Sports Xchange.

When Russell Wilson checked into the Senior Bowl he was 5105 (just over 5 feet, 10.5 inches) and he weighed 203 lbs.

So no, there's not really a big argument to make about Kyler versus Russell from a size perspective. You're going to have to actually work for it, and tell me how they're different on a football field (which they are, in both good and bad ways).

Again, that flawed logic can be used for every player that falls out of the top 10. It makes no sense whatsoever.

And depending on the camera zoom level being used, he looks between 4 inches and 3 feet tall on my TV. Not sure what that has to do with his actual size. First time I've seen him magically shrink to 5'6" though. Using your same flawed logic as above, we shouldn't draft anybody over 6' because Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom