Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

A lot of people want to criticize QBs for what they do in big games against elite teams, yet want to pick up Lock who has played poorly against those types of teams every time he’s played against them.
Lock = big arm with nothing much else.

Footwork is what jumps off the screen to me. Very inconsistent and trusts his arm too much

yeah I left out foot work but I think he has pretty good feet he just trust his arm to the last degree to offset mechanics and so like jay cutler I bet you they will never get cleaned up. you gonna see more fading away throws on quick slants etc and on the back or flat foot. its so much jay cutler mechanics and mindset wise.

I don't consider that to be much of a bold prediction unless he just tanks interviews.

Matt Miller is full of Baloney. It's like he has Lock as second round and now he is "predicting" he will have him as first round late. Garbage content.

now the real question is is lock gonna throw a pick and walk off the field scanning the stands with an expression like "where are the white women at?" or is he gonna grit his teeth and lead. basically be the opposite of jay cutler in give a damn.

that's for the front offices to figure out in interviews, background checks, etc.

yeah I left out foot work but I think he has pretty good feet he just trust his arm to the last degree to offset mechanics and so like jay cutler I bet you they will never get cleaned up. you gonna see more fading away throws on quick slants etc and on the back or flat foot. its so much jay cutler mechanics and mindset wise.

Jay cutler seems like a pretty much dead on comparison. Or as close as you can really get

He’s Cutler lite. That comparison right there should scare everyone away after witnessing first hand how bad Cutler is.
Honestly should say the same thing about Jones who is compared to Tannehill.

now the real question is is lock gonna throw a pick and walk off the field scanning the stands with an expression like "where are the white women at?" or is he gonna grit his teeth and lead. basically be the opposite of jay cutler in give a damn.

that's for the front offices to figure out.

It doesn't matter man. That's nitpicking. Lock is a tremendous quarterback talent. He is worthy of #1 overall pick. In this class, no one comes close to Lock's talent, except Murray.

watch lock throw on the run laterally. im tellin ya its jay cutler hes got one arm on the ball the other hand never touches it and hes whipping it off one foot even. that's jay cutler with the bears in his prime all day long.

the "my arm is boss" mentality.

It doesn't matter man. That's nitpicking. Lock is a tremendous quarterback talent. He is worthy of #1 overall pick. In this class, no one comes close to Lock's talent, except Murray.

the hell it is nitpicking when hes suppose to be the decade long face of my franchise. those questions need answered. otherwise no thanks

Yikes, I’m glad you’re not running the show....
In a draft full of Defensive talent and you’re going to pick up Lock 1st overall in a weak qb class. That’s scary.

the hell it is nitpicking when hes suppose to be the decade long face of my franchise. those questions need answered. otherwise no thanks

Lock is not as good a QB as Murray, but he is a more talented passer. The throws he can make are in rare category. SO, Lock will need some more development in speeding up the process, reading defenses, but make no mistake, dude is #1 overall worthy, just like Murray.

I like this video from Rover Sports on Lock.

truthfully this question needs answered with any qb in the draft. so im not just saying it cause locks game and mindset is about spot on with jay cutlers

Last edited:
i guess lock is not a 'revolutionary' wildcat qb like murray.:munch:
can murray even see defenses much less read them.

If we really covet someone like Murray, I could see us taking the route that the Eagles took to get Wentz a couple years ago.

Remember, before the draft they traded up with us to #8. (We got 13, Kiko and Maxwell - which ended up being Tunsil).

And then on draft day they traded from 8 to 2.

I could see us actually taking this exact path.

From 13 to 8 with Detroit (maybe using a player as bait, I wonder who Detroit would want) - they have huge needs on the defensive side of the ball, so maybe a package surrounded with 13 and a guy like Charles Harris (I know the blowback on moving him so quick but if he has any value to get us our QB he is replaceable) and maybe either TJ or McCain?

13 - Harris - TJ/Bobby would be VERY similar to the 13 - Kiko - Maxwell package we got

That puts us ahead of the Elways and right behind the Coughlins and Coughlins

The Eagles then gave up #8, a third- and fourth-round selection in the 2017 draft, and a 1st and 2nd in 2018. The Eagles also got a conditional fifth-round pick (a compensatory fourth-rounder, if available) from the Browns in 2018.

That's a lot. It would kill our 2020 plans, while putting the QB on the roster now. The upside is we would keep a 2nd round pick this year to hopefully add an interior lineman on one side of the ball (Boston College OG Chris Lindstrom is probably a target of our Boston based staff).

I am not a believer in waiting, especially because we are reminded year in and year out how much things change. I say you pull the trigger if possible.

The total price to get up to 2 in this scenario (and based off of what Philly did) would be:

#13, Charles Harris, Bobby McCain, our 3rd round pick, our 4th round pick, our 2020 1st, our 2020 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom