Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

Walter has Murray going to us at 13, but for a bunch of negative reasons. It's true he seems to have a hard-on for the Fins, and calls Ross the stupidest owner when you have other owners like Davis, The Johnsons, Brown etc who more than deserve that mantle - BUT he does make some good points about Murray's stature compared to other short QBs and the quality of his Conference defensive competition.

Walter is an idiot. How someone so lazy makes money amazes me. He’s a bum.

Those who dont want Murray or any QB in rd1 this year is missing a very important thing. Qb is one of the most if not thee most important position on a team, and right now is pretty much an empty slot. Tannehill is not gonna be here next year. Just like if we had no starting corners or left tackles or centers. We have a bunch of backups and camp bodies at qb right now. The only position I see right now that has no clear starter is a qb. Also. I'm fine drafting a qb in rd1 this year and next. I'm tired of messing around with this position. Yes we do need to fix the oline. We have the other rounds to address this as well as dline and of course free agency.

Ross won't be drafting anyone.

:rolleyes:

right, he will have no say. letting grier draft murray after all other teams pass and saying nothing would probably make him even dumber

however you can believe they wont draft murray without ross ok.

:rolleyes:

right, he will have no say. letting grier draft murray after all other teams pass and saying nothing would probably make him even dumber

however you can believe they wont draft murray without ross ok.

There are maybe 3-4 teams that could go QB ahead of us, and only 2 of them (Jags and Broncos) really have to, one of which could opt to go with Haskins and both of which have shown to not prioritize the position very high. So this is really one of the worst arguments I've seen for not drafting anybody, let alone Murray.

There are maybe 3-4 teams that could go QB ahead of us, and only 2 of them (Jags and Broncos) really have to, one of which could opt to go with Haskins and both of which have shown to not prioritize the position very high. So this is really one of the worst arguments I've seen for not drafting anybody, let alone Murray.

its not an argument about drafting, the argument is if they draft Murray it will be because ross ok ed it. grier is not dictator.
that being said, if 4 teams need a qb and none pick murray.....

It’s not question that we need QB or importance of QB, the question is what’s best route to building team.
Simple Options:
Trade up for Haskins
Trade up for Murray
Hold for Murray
Sign late Rd Flier
Sign a Foles or Bridgewater
Go With garbage and wait 2020.

its not an argument about drafting, the argument is if they draft Murray it will be because ross ok ed it. grier is not dictator.

Do you have any evidence that Ross gives the final okay on draft picks?

Teams needed a QB and passed on: Marino, Brady, Wilson, Foles, Brees(last pick in second round), Favre. Montana(3rd round), etc... but yeah, use the basis of X amount of teams passed on the guy so we need to also =/

QBs also rise up team's boards as we get closer to the draft. Look at last year- most mocks in January had Mayfield going in the middle of the 1st round. I wouldn't be surprised to see Haskins, Murray & Lock all go in the top 10, so I we want a guy, we might have to trade up.

QBs also rise up team's boards as we get closer to the draft. Look at last year- most mocks in January had Mayfield going in the middle of the 1st round. I wouldn't be surprised to see Haskins, Murray & Lock all go in the top 10, so I we want a guy, we might have to trade up.

Oh, I’d be pleasantly shocked if he fell to us, just pointing out that acting like 12 teams passed on him because they didn’t like him as a prospect is extremely dishonest.

Would not be surprised if the Bengals took him at 11. Zac Taylor is the new coach there. I saw a rumor that Redskins are eyeing Dalton who played under Gruden. So there maybe some shopping going on there, and Bengals would be in need of a QB.
The QBs in that division would be interesting, Jackson, Mayfield, Murray, and perhaps Rudolph takes over for Big Ben.

Last edited:
I was going to say I'll go out on a limb and say ?, But instead just say, that by draft time it would not sound so illogical that,
Even trading up with the Raiders at 4 or Tampa at 5 may still not be enough to grab Murray, JMO and thats even leaving the Cards out of it..

We'd have to give up the farm to get him and realistically its not out of the picture to think about..

Hell, they want to Tank here's an easy way to achieve that, except a Tanking with a potential tremendous start point to build the future on... Definitely worth thinking about and IMO I'm so used to the habitual failure this highly debatable approach actually brings me a certain level of excitement .. But don't think the Fins have the cajones ..

Back
Top Bottom