Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

you must of watched 3 throws lol. It is not hard to find.

Just watched the game against Texas from last novemeber. All rpo, wide open WRS, quick screens etc. what game am I supposed to watch to see this amazing, nfl changing 5’9” baseball player?

A run first quarterback will never win in the nfl on a consistent basis. The game is still won in the pocket and in the trenches. These hyper athletic guys are hard to gauge because they’re that much more athletix that a majority of the teams they play.

Y’all banging the table for kyler, did you say the same about Tebow?

He’s not run first and he’s a much different/better passer of the ball than Tebow. Another bad comparison.

Oye.

Just watched the game against Texas from last novemeber. All rpo, wide open WRS, quick screens etc. what game am I supposed to watch to see this amazing, nfl changing 5’9” baseball player?

He literally was measured 5'10 as senior coming out and 5'10 in socks as a sophomore by the baseball team. If you want to hate him, just hate him. Its fine, no one cares. Just dont make stuff up about him because it makes you look dumb...

If Murray Is there out of the top 5 you go for him. Is a no brainer. You give what you need to get that kind of talent. Just one inch shorter than Wilson but more elusive and with a better arm. Find our franchise QB, until then the rest is just a waste of picks and money. A good coach and a Franchise QB are the model of succes in todays NFL. Mahomes, Rivers, Brady, Goff, and Brees are deep into the playoffs. There Is no room for a middle of the pack QB, you can compete with talent all over the field but without a Franchise QB you are looking at Cowboys, Bengals, Titans, Jaguars, Raiders, Arizona and Minnesota. You can get into the playoffs but always lose to the better QB. If Murray Is there at number 5, the only reason we wont draft him is because we are tanking or we are stupid.

I'm not as enamored with Murray from a passing standpoint as Tua (then again I'm not as enamored with anyone in college from a passing standpoint), but he is more than worth the risk for a several reasons.

1) Miami has perhaps been the most boring team in the NFL over the past decade. The entertainment factor alone makes Murray worth the pick.

2) Murray would go a long way to improving OL play as the defense can't just go all out like they do against Tannehill knowing he will be little more than a tackling dummy 5-7 yards behind the los in direct line from where the ball is snapped.

3) His style of play will wear out a defense that has to chase him all over the field and should set up Miami for 4th quarter comebacks provided the Miami's defense does its part.

If he falls to us, I’m fine with taking him, we need to draft a QB every damn damn. But, I definitely wouldn’t trade up. We have way too many holes.

There's no need to study this guy. He's averaging 11.6 yards per attempt. Don't try to talk yourself into why that doesn't translate to the NFL. Next thing you know we'll also be trying to pretend that Daniel Jones' three consecutive season of 6.6, 5.9 and 6.8 YPA do translate to NFL greatness.

Keep it simple. Yes, not everything is ideal. But the only thing I would care about is hand size. We know he's going to check in at 5-9 or thereabouts height.

Pat White was someone who could sense a crease and take off decisively in college. More straight ahead type of thing, and for rushing yardage. Parcells was still envisioning wildcat stuff. Murray is lightning quick and frustrates defenders and defensive schemes while changing the pocket and lengthening the play. He can run for yardage, but he moves around to enable the throw.

Haskins is more traditional and not nearly the prospect. I'll go back to what I posted about Rolando McClain 6 or 8 years ago: Nobody in the league is going to be scared if the Dolphins draft Dwayne Haskins. They don't have to change a thing.

Kyler Murray causes problems

He literally was measured 5'10 as senior coming out and 5'10 in socks as a sophomore by the baseball team. If you want to hate him, just hate him. Its fine, no one cares. Just dont make stuff up about him because it makes you look dumb...

That’s cool but at the Heisman ceremony he looked like Dewayne Haskins’ child and I’ve read on this board that Haskins isn’t big.
:funny:

So at any point, he can just bail on football and go back to baseball right? No way am I investing a high draft pick on a 5'9" qb that has that option. But its the dolphins so let's do it.

you have a point its the Ds.

I'd take a shot at him and then flip him next year if we have a shot at Tua or in '21 if Lawrence is doable.

The great thing about “embracing the tank” is that we could easily draft the top QB every year until.

Dont care what anyone else thinks here. Give me Murray. Lol like we got anyone better lol. The NFL is different now.. the "prototype" old school QB is phasing out. You wanna play catch up we are already doing so. U want a 7 foot qb 225 with stone feet u are gonna need a perfect o line and even then doesnt guarantee anything. This guy Is gonna be a star on the dolphins or not! I'm actually shocked at some here sayin he wont pan out due to size. He makes all the throws escapes all the pressures...guys are worried about a few inches like drew brees(6'0) russel Wilson (5'11)doug flutie (5'10) baker Mayfield (6'0)..dont compete like everyone else. And I believe hes 5'10 not 5'9. But who cares about an inch. theres also a ton of super tall and average height QBs that havent pan out.

The “prototype” old school QB is being phased out? Really? Goff, Brees, Brady and Rivers all played/or are playing in the playoffs and are “prototype” old school type QB’s. Of the “new school” QB’s, 3 made the playoffs with two getting bounced in the first round. Of those three, Pat Mahomes is the most impressive and will be a great QB for years to come. Wilson is a good QB also, and Lamar Jackson will be out of the league in a year or two.

At the end of the day, the QB still has to be able to pass first. Mahomes and Wilson can do that. If they are a run first player, they WILL fail.

Back
Top Bottom