La Canfora: Dolphins PERHAPS facing loss of draft pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora: Dolphins PERHAPS facing loss of draft pick

Lol @ op's 'told ya.'

Because a reporter giving his opinion is concrete evidence that is will definately happen.

Thumbs down for you

They will not lose a pick. I guarantee it.

The Fins cooperated fully in this mess. That is the difference between Bounty Gate and this scandal.

LAC sucks.

They want to start a franchise in London, Martin can be their first player.

I don't see them losing draft picks, but there will be suspensions.

Saying Philbin and management should have been aware of the way players were talking to each other away from the team makes as much sense to me as saying the FCC should fine the NFL Network for Darren Sharper being charged with rape. After all someone at the station had to be aware of what was going on. You could argue Philbin should have know what was going on, but unless you can prove the head coach and upper management knew of what was going on and took no actions they should not be punished.

And as far as Incognito racial comments go, when he first start calling Martin a n***** to his face one of two things needed to happen. Martin needed to step up a say something and do something about it or he needed to make sure Philbin and management knew what was going on. He did neither. Again it makes about as much sense to me as my neighbor saying "hey n***** can i borrow your lawn mower" and me not saying anything to anyone and then being mad at the home owners association or police for not doing anything.

On a side note I doubt the players just started talking to each other this way in the past two years, it likely goes back further with Jerry and Pouncey talking to others the same way others talked to them. If that's the case does it shine a light on why some Miami rookies have struggled in the past. I could see players like Vontae Davis and Michael Egnew really shutting down in that surrounding. I'm not saying they would have been great players, but I'm sure the invironment didn't help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying Philbin and management should have been aware of the way players were talking to each other away from the team makes as much sense to me as saying the FCC should fine the NFL Network for Darren Sharper being charged with rape. After all someone at the station had to be aware of what was going on. You could argue Philbin should have know what was going on, but on less you can prove the head coach and upper management knew of what was going on and took no actions they should not be punished.

And as far as Incognito racial comments go, when he first start calling Martin a n***** to his face one of two things needed to happen. Martin needed to step up a say something and do something about it or he needed to make sure Philbin and management knew what was going on. He did neither. Again it makes about as much sense to me as my neighbor saying "hey n***** can i borrow your lawn mower" and me not saying anything to anyone and they being made at the home owners association or police for not doing anything.

On a side note I doubt the players just started talking to each other this way in the past two years, it likely goes back further with Jerry and Pouncey talking to others the same way others talked to them. If that's the case does it shine a light on why some Miami rookies have struggled in the past. I could see players like Vontae Davis and Michael Egnew really shutting down in that surrounding.
Was Darren Sharper drugging and raping his co workers?

LaCanfora and the rest of his henchmen are trying to influence the outcome. They they repeat it enough times it will become a reality.
Frankly, the staff and team should not pay a price for the actions of a terrible position coach, and a mommas boy that can't handle the heat.
If something happens, the fans should chant "F.U. Goodell " in game #1 next year.

Getting so sick of all these media ****s. Been unfollowing them all on twitter for the last few months.

Then he can go out in the real world and get a different job!! Maybe as a waitress

Ozzy rules!!

Not a chance man. One rude table and it'd be curtains for the entire restaurant.

We are not going to lose a draft pick. Ross asked for the NFL's help in investigating this and made everyone available and opened the facility to Wells for his investigation. I think Ross has handled this correctly to this point. The next thing Ross should do is fire Turner and then activate his "committee" to make recommendations.

In reading the report....the frat boy atmosphere of the O-line doesn't bother me, but the treatment of the Assistant trainer does! It is one thing to rib and harass people who can or should be able to defend themselves....but if the treatment of the assistant trainer is accurate, that is inexcusable in my mind and these players should be held accountable.

Back
Top Bottom