La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch!

I don't understand how it's a knock on a QB if it's said that he needs good players and coaches around him for him to succeed. It's a team game yes? People always bring up Tom ****ing Brady as an example. He never had elite offensive talent in his Super Bowl wins before last year. Troy Brown? David Patten? Blah blah blah.

Do people not realize Brady is a once in a lifetime talent? It simply isn't fair to expect your team's QB to be on the same level as him. New England had no clue Brady would be the QB he is today when they drafted it. They happened to luck into drafting a Top 3 All-Time QB in the 6th round.

Tannehill needs talent and coaching around him? Great. That's on the GM to do his god damn job.

Yet this article was written: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13776027/the-day-buried-patriots-qb-tom-brady-nfl

Containing this quotes:

Brady wasn't without support, of course. Chris Gasper of the Boston Globe saddled up to ride in support of Tom Terrific, pointing out that it wasn't Brady who traded Logan Mankins to the Buccaneers and it wasn't Brady who signed Brandon LaFell and Kenbrell Thompkins to serve as deep threats. Steve Young made a pretty good call when he guaranteed that Brady was "still capable of taking any team that's really good to the Super Bowl." There were a few other brave souls as well. But their voices were essentially drowned out by the pundit mob.

A quarterback running for his life behind a dreadful offensive line might struggle to hit open receivers,

In summary, the #AllAboutTheQB crowd was wrong. They were wrong in this case, because their premise is wrong.

Yet this article was written: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13776027/the-day-buried-patriots-qb-tom-brady-nfl

Containing this quotes:

In summary, the #AllAboutTheQB crowd was wrong. They were wrong in this case, because their premise is wrong.

have you ever noticed it doesn't matter who is around Brady but NE keeps winning? this was a man w/ no run game and his top 2 weapons being Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as his man weapons that helped NE reach an AFC title game in 2006.

NE is ALL about the QB, that QB made them a dynasty. it is not fair in any way to compare Ryan to Brady.

have you ever noticed it doesn't matter who is around Brady but NE keeps winning?

No. And neither have you. All you can say is that he has been successful with the situations he has been in. You cannot say that the rest of the team doesn't matter. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassel then 10-6 the following year with Brady. In 2008 they scored 410 points. In 2009 they scored 427.

You underestimate the quality of that front office and coaching staff.

have you ever noticed it doesn't matter who is around Brady but NE keeps winning? this was a man w/ no run game and his top 2 weapons being Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as his man weapons that helped NE reach an AFC title game in 2006.

NE is ALL about the QB, that QB made them a dynasty. it is not fair in any way to compare Ryan to Brady.

100% agreed and that's my point.

I guess tier 3 is fair. Its seen as a slight towards Tannehill. The one thing i disagree with in his assessment is I never think Tannehill is going to lose us a game. When has Tannehill been the reason we lost a game?

No. And neither have you. All you can say is that he has been successful with the situations he has been in. You cannot say that the rest of the team doesn't matter. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassel then 10-6 the following year with Brady. In 2008 they scored 410 points. In 2009 they scored 427.

You underestimate the quality of that front office and coaching staff.

they were 10-5 w/ Cassell in 2008 a year after going UNDEFEATED. 5 more losses is a HUGE #. If you guys lost 5 more games last year you would have been 3-13.

Brady has won no matter who is out there around him. as great as BB is he'd be a DC somewhere today if not for Brady. it is absolutely insane to compare Ryan to Brady in any way.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

I guess tier 3 is fair. Its seen as a slight towards Tannehill. The one thing i disagree with in his assessment is I never think Tannehill is going to lose us a game. When has Tannehill been the reason we lost a game?

do you really want an answer to that question?

Let me guess the bills game when he fumbled after being sacked in 2 seconds? Have at it. I bet you can count them on 1 hand. He isn't a guy who throws multiple INTS often

Let me guess the bills game when he fumbled after being sacked in 2 seconds? Have at it. I bet you can count them on 1 hand. He isn't a guy who throws multiple INTS often

there's more to losing games than turning it over.

Well in the context I think its used it means you had a lead and the QB gave the game to the other team. Aka a turnover and a short field

The one thing i disagree with in his assessment is I never think Tannehill is going to lose us a game. When has Tannehill been the reason we lost a game?

Isn't it fair to say you can lose games by not taking chances throwing the ball down the field and just settling for the safe short stuff?

Well in the context I think its used it means you had a lead and the QB gave the game to the other team. Aka a turnover and a short field

if you are using that is your sole criteria he doesn't have many but again there's more to it than that.

as great as BB is he'd be a DC somewhere today if not for Brady. it is absolutely insane to compare Ryan to Brady in any way.?

This is a fair statement. Good coaches dont last very long without great QBs. QBs make and break HCs. #QBWINZ

Isn't it fair to say you can lose games by not taking chances throwing the ball down the field and just settling for the safe short stuff?
I think that has more to do with coaching especially in our case. Lazor won't let him improvise. But sure that can make your offense stagnet

Back
Top Bottom