La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch!

This is a fair statement. Good coaches dont last very long without great QBs. QBs make and break HCs. #QBWINZ

BB is one of the greatest football coaches of all time but being a great HC is more than about brilliant schemes. He has developed into a great HC but early on he was a BAD HC. Brady coming in and changing that franchise also changed BB. BB is a huge reason why they win but no one is bigger than Brady.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I think that has more to do with coaching especially in our case. Lazor won't let him improvise. But sure that can make your offense stagnet

it comes down to making plays, you are judged on that not on coaching decisions.

I think that has more to do with coaching especially in our case. Lazor won't let him improvise. But sure that can make your offense stagnet

IMO this is excusing making for RT. He has deeper options, but it appears that he is uncomfortable throwing there unless guys are wide open.

IMO this is excusing making for RT. He has deeper options, but it appears that he is uncomfortable throwing there unless guys are wide open.

Hes making more deep passes every week though. Stills had a beautiful pass but dropped it. I'm not making excuses. I don't think he has deep options on most plays, lazor likes running routes short of 20 yards.

Third tier is a little much, but he would make a good backup. Inconsistency will be the story of him.

they were 10-5 w/ Cassell in 2008 a year after going UNDEFEATED. 5 more losses is a HUGE #. If you guys lost 5 more games last year you would have been 3-13.[

And they were 10-6 a year after going 11-5 with Cassel. No matter how many times you try to ignore it, it will remain true. Matt Cassel won one more game than Brady. Sorry to burst your bubble.

as great as BB is he'd be a DC somewhere today if not for Brady.

Sure

it is absolutely insane to compare Ryan to Brady in any way.

No it isn't.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

The recent throws to Still and Parker were all made to guys that were covered.

And they were 10-6 a year after going 11-5 with Cassel. No matter how many times you try to ignore it, it will remain true. Matt Cassel won one more game than Brady. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Sure

No it isn't.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

The recent throws to Still and Parker were all made to guys that were covered.

10-6(would have been 11-5 if they didn't rest starters final week) against a tougher sched w/ Brady working back after the MAJOR injury from the season before. Oh and they MADE THE PLAYOFFS in 2009, something they couldn't do in 2008.

and Cassell was officially 10-5 in 2008 so he didn't win one more game than Brady in 2009. Hate to burst that bubble. Matt couldn't lead an undefeated team to a playoff berth against a weak sched yet 2 years later in KC he won the division.

10-6(would have been 11-5 if they didn't rest starters final week)

Now I know Brady is magical. He put up stats in a game that you are trying to imply he didn't play in.

and Cassell was officially 10-5 in 2008 so he didn't win one more game than Brady in 2009. Hate to burst that bubble. Matt couldn't lead an undefeated team to a playoff berth against a weak sched yet 2 years later in KC he won the division.

Get over it. The Matt Cassel led Patriots went 11-5 the year before the Brady-led Patriots went 10-6. Nothing you can some up with will ever change that. Sorry to wreck your world view.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

They are few and far between. Like I said, all NFL QBs can occasionally do things, it doesn't mean they are good at it.

Actually all NFL QBs only occasionally make that throw. So, there you are.

How did he look "uncomfortable" on the throw to Stills or did you just make that up?

Now I know Brady is magical. He put up stats in a game that you are trying to imply he didn't play in.

Get over it. The Matt Cassel led Patriots went 11-5 the year before the Brady-led Patriots went 10-6. Nothing you can some up with will ever change that. Sorry to wreck your world view.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

How did he look "uncomfortable" on the throw to Stills or did you just make that up?

he barely played, they pulled starters. this was also the game welker got hurt in.

the record book says 10-5. it's funny that when Sanchez came into a tie game at Houston and won last year none of you guys wanted to give him credit but now you want to give Cassell credit? and again Brady was coming back from major injury, a year later and they were back to normal at 14-2.

Watching RT for the past few years it is my opinion that he prefers throwing low risk low reward passes.

Watching RT for the past few years it is my opinion that he prefers throwing low risk low reward passes.

How is that uncomfortable?

How many of those were the called play?

How do you know what he prefers?

Why not just stick to facts without putting your biased commentary into it? Why not just - the Dolphins offense favors short, high percentage throws? Why not - the Dolphins run more of a horizontal passing game than vertical passing game?

How do you know if it is what Tannehill prefers, or what the coach prefers, or what the team (collectively) is good at?

Answer is that you don't.

How is that uncomfortable?

How many of those were the called play?

How do you know what he prefers?

Why not just stick to facts without putting your biased commentary into it? Why not just - the Dolphins offense favors short, high percentage throws? Why not - the Dolphins run more of a horizontal passing game than vertical passing game?

How do you know if it is what Tannehill prefers, or what the coach prefers, or what the team (collectively) is good at?

Answer is that you don't.

but you know?

he barely played, they pulled starters. this was also the game welker got hurt in.

He threw 26 passes. His backup threw 12.

the record book says 10-5. it's funny that when Sanchez came into a tie game at Houston and won last year none of you guys wanted to give him credit but now you want to give Cassell credit? and again Brady was coming back from major injury, a year later and they were back to normal at 14-2.

you actually think 10-5 makes your case...... Jesus.......

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

but you know?

Am I making that claim?

JLC has unlawful carnal knowledge of goats. (I've seen the pictures. :puke:)

Hes making more deep passes every week though. Stills had a beautiful pass but dropped it. I'm not making excuses. I don't think he has deep options on most plays, lazor likes running routes short of 20 yards.

Agreed, it seems that Lazor likes short passes, but the plays are designed for YAC to be most successful. I'm not sure but I think there's a story on that thinking.

Back
Top Bottom