LaCanfora: Ross still wants Jim Harbaugh | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LaCanfora: Ross still wants Jim Harbaugh

DT0UoMO-1.gif

I think that Jason LaCanfora is probably just speculating. Jim Harbaugh and Stephen Ross are both University of Michigan alumni. Mr Ross donated $100 million to the University and its Business School is named in his honor. When it was well known that Jim was set to leave Stanford and earmarked for the San Francisco 49ers role, Stephen Ross wanted to approach Harbaugh to see if he could be interested. At the time he had fist pumping Tony Sparano was stinking it up, but not quite badly enough just to fire him. It should be noted that Sparano like Parcells, Ireland, the cleaning lady and the photocopier, came with the Dolphin purchase from Wayne Huizenga and was not a Ross appointment.
So while Stephen Ross's instincts that Jim Harbaugh would successfully make the transition from Stanford to the NFL were correct, and he is clearly a Harbaugh fan, that doesn't necessarily mean that he wants to fire Philbin (the first Head Coach he appointed) for Harbaugh.
Any observer of Jim Harbaugh in his 3 years as Head Coach of the 49ers would observe that while a talented methodical coach, he is also extremely prickly and obnoxious at times. His handshake episode with Jim Schwartz was a little snapshot of how big a prick he can be. Any owner potentially interested in Jim Harbaugh should be aware that he comes with a big warning label that he can be difficult to work with.

Jason LaCanfora has lost my respect as a qualified and trusted NFL journalist. The crap he wrote about the bully scandal proved to me without a shadow of a doubt that his theme is sensationalism and not facts. This is another example of him trying to connect dots that really don't exist. Word is that Gamble has not even been contacted to feel out his interest in the Miami opening but according to Jason it's all part of a plan to lure Harbaugh to Miami. We can all do much better that following LaCanfora for trusted news!

Back
Top Bottom