Lakers Rally Thread. HATERS WELCOME | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lakers Rally Thread. HATERS WELCOME

Kobe is an aggressive player. When you guard him you can expect that. He uses everything he can to his advantage. There is a space around every player that is that players right to move around within, that includes the space to move the ball around from one side of the body to the other, or to move and/or turn when being defended without the ball. Kobe never gives up that space, nor should any player, it is his space and he has every right to move within that space. If you head is inside that space...watch out. I don't think it is malice aforethought on Kobe's part. I just think he plays aggressive and if you stick your noggin in that space you may get wacked by an elbow ( spelled elbow guys). I think the Artest elbow was a little more deliberate, and the foul was called, although the next day. Hey if you want to guard Kobe, and lean and hang all over him, then you better be careful because he is a physical player! I just don't think calling him a dirty player is right. There are far more dirty players in this league, past and present, that deserve that title, not Kobe. At least not yet!

Moving around in that space is cool but throwing bows to make space? As far as calling him a dirty player goes, if does intentional things, like dropping bows, that are really frowned upon by the league than you have to admit that the dirty tag might apply to some degree. Overall, he is an outstanding player. I have no problem admitting that. It seems that most Laker fans are unwilling to admit that Kobe has his faults and also that he does get away with many things would clearly be called if he were not Kobe. That being said, the Magic were not ready for this series.

Kobe is an aggressive player. When you guard him you can expect that. He uses everything he can to his advantage. There is a space around every player that is that players right to move around within, that includes the space to move the ball around from one side of the body to the other, or to move and/or turn when being defended without the ball. Kobe never gives up that space, nor should any player, it is his space and he has every right to move within that space. If you head is inside that space...watch out. I don't think it is malice aforethought on Kobe's part. I just think he plays aggressive and if you stick your noggin in that space you may get wacked by an elbow ( spelled elbow guys). I think the Artest elbow was a little more deliberate, and the foul was called, although the next day. Hey if you want to guard Kobe, and lean and hang all over him, then you better be careful because he is a physical player! I just don't think calling him a dirty player is right. There are far more dirty players in this league, past and present, that deserve that title, not Kobe. At least not yet!

yeah, i won't call it - or him - dirty or deliberate but it was still a foul any way you look at it. and i definitely won't say it it decided the game - the game was decided by the magic's poor performance at the line. that is just unacceptable in the freakin finals.

the lakers are the better team - hard to argue with that. their veteran leadership has been clutch in the finals. the magic are still young and developing - they haven't reached their ceiling quite yet. i won't ***** and moan b/c every game has been very exciting since the game 1 debacle and the magic had every chance in the world to take each of those games.

but kobe is still in my top 3 most hated in the league - right there with 'the flopper king' ginobili and 'punch you in the ribs as you drive to the hole' hamilton.

Moving around in that space is cool but throwing bows to make space? As far as calling him a dirty player goes, if does intentional things, like dropping bows, that are really frowned upon by the league than you have to admit that the dirty tag might apply to some degree. Overall, he is an outstanding player. I have no problem admitting that. It seems that most Laker fans are unwilling to admit that Kobe has his faults and also that he does get away with many things would clearly be called if he were not Kobe. That being said, the Magic were not ready for this series.

+1

Yeah I think the Magic have a nucleus of what they need to be a great team, Championship caliber. Howard as good as he is is still not as versatile as he could be with a little more help from Ewing. Add some more shots to his game, Shoot better free throws, become a better passer, although he did make some great improvements in this series alone. I think getting better team mates around him, or at the very least get those existing team mates to get him the ball when he is open and ready for it. How many times did we see him frustrated after working so hard to get free and not getting the ball or getting it too late?

Also....turnovers. As great as Howard is....how many turnovers did he have last night? Unnaceptable. That is something he needs to work on most definitely.

I think if I were the Magic front office I would go out and get a power forward that can spot up the jumper, but more importantly take the ball into the lane and to the basket. Outside of Howard and a few moments of lax defense, the rest of the Magic are jump shooters.

I also think Stan VG isn't the best coach. 11.1 seconds to go, you're up 3, and you don't foul Kobe on the inbound? Give me a break!

I think the Magic are now a seasoned playoff and finals team, and now have the feeling of what it is like to get there and not finish the job, kinda like the Lakers last year. They won't forget this series. They will be back in the finals next year I am sure, although Boston may have something to say about that when Garnett is healthy once again.

Magic straight up blew game 4. The Lakers didnt shoot a single FT in the 4th quarter or overtime (compared to like 18 or so for for Orlando) until the Gasol flagrant when the game was already over. The Lakers won. Cant blame this one on the refs.

im out to Vegas. Doubt i'll put money on the Lakers for game 5 but we'll see. Maybe house money if im lucky. See ya on Tues.

Go Lakers

I hate that the Lakers won, but I'm glad the Magic lost. Hopefully the Heat can win another one in the near future.

Congrats to the Lakers....I just hope they crash on the way home...Just Playing.:D They played a good series. Champs.

I think the Magic have a lot to build upon for this year with a lot of potential to become a dominant team in the next few years as long as they improve as opposed to falling off.

We have a pretty young team and a lot of room to improve. We have not began to approach our full potential.
Stan Van Gundy is also still pretty young in his career as a head coach and I think he has definetly learned some lessons from this series. It's all about how well they bounce back from this.

Anyways, good season.

good job, we gotta take the fall before we taste victory i guess just like last years lakers. we will be back next year and win it all

Btw, Joey Buss sounds retarded. :lol:

I LOL-ed..That and the Malcom X hat Phil wore.Im late.Enjoy the moment Laker fans.

Til next season.:chuckle:

This was a pretty damn good Laker team. I think Phil Jackson created some obstacles along the way to harden this team up for the Finals. He knew what he was doing when the Rocket series went seven games.

The only thing that could have sunk this Laker team was softness but this team was battled tested by the beginning of the WCF.

Wooo Lakers Baby.

Keep it up.....

clear.gif

:D

Back
Top Bottom