Lamar Gordon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Gordon

VanDolPhan said:
Yah leave it to you guys to completely dismiss this guy after he arrived and was thrown right into the games. He played pretty solidly in St Louis and should make a fine backup (3rd down back if Ricky truly does return).

No offense but there wouldn't have been many running backs who would have survived that shot without injury. That was a very brutal shot. The guy caught 30 passes as a rookie and averaged 4.2ypc in his final year in St Louis playing with that bad heel. L.T. would have looked like crap behind that line at the beginning of the year.

Some of you guys are just posting pure crap lately.
I agree. Early last year(and for most of the season) our O-Line couldn't block anything. PLUS, Gordon was traded to Miami three days before the season opener and was thrown into that game. He only played in three games before he sustained the injury with that very hard hit. The guy didn't have time to even learn the offense.

Noodle Arm said:
Well to Lamar's credit, at the time he was back there..there weren't any holes to go through (Bengals game is a perfect example) Having watched every game he started as a Ram I believe the guy can be an excellent back-up. He's one of the best receiving back we have...besides Ronnie of course, so I can see him excelling in Linehan's system. My only problem with him is his health...and it's a BIG problem...that is why I'm glad we picked up Kay-Jay.
I agree. I think Lamar Gordon and Kay Jay Harris will be excellent back ups for us. I just hope Gordon could stay healthy, so we can see what he's got to offer us behind an improved offensive line.

Nublar7 said:
I honestly think the Brown-Gordon combo will be better then the Williams-Minor combo in a year or two.
But a Brown-Williams-Gordon-Minor combo would be even better :).

WitheringPlant said:
But a Brown-Williams-Gordon-Minor combo would be even better :).

If Williams comes back I only see the team carrying 3 backs. Brown, Williams, Gordon and they will _try_ to stash Kay-Jay on the practice squad for next year.

I was gonna say, dont all you band wagon jumpers get on the dump Gordon bandwagon now. You all wanted that 3rd down turd, now stick with him. "He needs a chance to excel", blah blah blah. Same old rhetoric, different guy. a third round pick, for a 3rd down back. the guy can NOT carry the ball every down. period. And, now that you have come back down to earth, and know he is a third down back, was he worth the 3rd round pick we gave up for him? You ALL thought so, last year. Minor would of done just as good, and he could carry the ball every down.

Funny thing is, Brown runs the same as Gordon. Gordon got put out running that style, and now you know why I say brown will too. "Size em up" Ronnie, goes down for the 10 count. We'll see.....

i think that is getting to be Miami's logo, "The team the back-ups come to, to get their chance to excel, but never pan out, and we get bent in the process of grabbin them." LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... Too long for a motto, but a damn fine fit!!!

The best thing Lamar can do is try to become a good special teams player.

LithoMan said:
I was gonna say, dont all you band wagon jumpers get on the dump Gordon bandwagon now. You all wanted that 3rd down turd, now stick with him. "He needs a chance to excel", blah blah blah. Same old rhetoric, different guy. a third round pick, for a 3rd down back. the guy can NOT carry the ball every down. period. And, now that you have come back down to earth, and know he is a third down back, was he worth the 3rd round pick we gave up for him? You ALL thought so, last year. Minor would of done just as good, and he could carry the ball every down.

Funny thing is, Brown runs the same as Gordon. Gordon got put out running that style, and now you know why I say brown will too. "Size em up" Ronnie, goes down for the 10 count. We'll see.....

i think that is getting to be Miami's logo, "The team the back-ups come to, to get their chance to excel, but never pan out, and we get bent in the process of grabbin them." LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... Too long for a motto, but a damn fine fit!!!

You sound like a joy to be around. I sense a positive vibe from you.

I am not dismissing Lamar's talent, but he is NOT worth a 3rd rounder. You cannot argue that. Do you honestly believe the Rams get even close to that value if we are not desperate? There is just no way. We were in a tight spot, needed a RB, so Rick panicked. Just like he did at the draft, trading a 4th rounder to grab Carey. This is nothing against Lamar, more against Rick.

Noodle Arm said:
You sound like a joy to be around. I sense a positive vibe from you.

Good, because I always try to tell people, and then they ridicule me. I like to throw it back in their face, your right about that. if they can dish, so can I.

You are right, i am a "I told you so" type of person, when they ridicule me for stating my opinion. now, is the time for the I told you so. And there it is.

I am sick and tired of giving up way to much, for a speculative player. Was feeley worth the 35th pick in the draft of 05? Was lamar worth that 2nd pick in the 3rd? Were they?

yes, that is Wanny's blunders. But, I have alot to do on the "I told you so" front, next off-season after Sabans first year here. I've taken alot of flack already. Its all good, because I got a great long term memory.

Who are you trying to impress with this "I know it all and tell it like it is" attitude? You are like the Simon Cowell of this board- trying to look and seem superior by responding with cynicism and harsh words.

Enough already. You have already shown you are not a Dolphins Fan (lets bring out the thread where you call yourself a Bronco fan, shall we?), and in my opinion, you are just a troll.

Do you know who was drafted with the two firsts we gave up for Ricky? Do you? N.O. couldnt even get a second for him, until Wanny went to N.O. bent over. Go look who was drafted with those two firsts. Do you know who was drafted with our the Feeley and Gordon picks? And, who was selected after those picks. Those are portential players we could of had here in Miami.

Desperation kills every time!!!!!!!!

LithoMan said:
Do you know who was drafted with the two firsts we gave up for Ricky? Do you? N.O. couldnt even get a second for him, until Wanny went to N.O. bent over. Go look who was drafted with those two firsts. Do you know who was drafted with our the Feeley and Gordon picks? And, who was selected after those picks. Those are portential players we could of had here in Miami.

Desperation kills every time!!!!!!!!

Stop living in the past. Get over it.

Dolfan1000 said:
Who are you trying to impress with this "I know it all and tell it like it is" attitude? You are like the Simon Cowell of this board- trying to look and seem superior by responding with cynicism and harsh words.

Enough already. You have already shown you are not a Dolphins Fan (lets bring out the thread where you call yourself a Bronco fan, shall we?), and in my opinion, you are just a troll.

Wow PAL, you got me there. I AM a BRONCOS fan, a 9'ERS fan, a TEXANS fan, a JETS fan, a BILLS fan, a BUCS fan, a BROWNS fan, a DENNY GREEN fan, a MARVIN LEWIS fan, a MICHAEL VICK fan, a LaDANIAN TOMLINSON fan, a N.O. fan, and a PHIN fan. Moreover, a JT fan! So, yup, I guess I have to bleed aqua and orange to be a "true" fan.

I got to have my nose clear up Flipper's **** pipe to be a "true" Phin fan. I got to eat all the PR rhetoric like it is chicken salad, when it really is chicken ****. Excuse me for pointing out our weaknesses, so maybe some people would get a clue and actually start questioning the system, instead of towing the frayed line. It will snap, at some point, instead of replacing the line with a brayded cable or hemp rope. That would make the towing of the line almost unbreakable. But, you keep towing that frayed line, so you can fall on your face.

LithoMan said:
Minor would of done just as good, and he could carry the ball every down.

I was really dissapointed in Minor last year. Yeah, I know the line was trash but after a few years of being a respected back up I really thought he was going to take advantage of his golden oppurtunity(sp). Sammy just looked better behind the same putrid line. I thought Minor was going to run a lot tougher/harder than he did last year. If Ricky comes back at 80% of his old self and KJ runs as anticipated, Minor is not a lock to make the team this year. ish, Welker took his spot on SP teams...

Back
Top Bottom