Lamar Gordon | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Gordon

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
Obviously you are. Why else would you be trying to "rub it back in [my] face"?

BTW, I never posted a thing about Gordon, genius.

Also, I would never throw dirt in your face... I would simply use your face to move the dirt, using you for the tool that you are.

Are you sure? it sounds like you are getting pretty tempermental.... come on, admit your a closet Gordon fan.... You can do it! :roflmao:

byroan said:
He hasn't shown us anything!

exactly, plus the fact we gave up a 3rd rounder for a guy. when others better halfbacks cant even get traded for a 2nd or 3rd rounder before the draft.

VanDolPhan said:
Yah leave it to you guys to completely dismiss this guy after he arrived and was thrown right into the games. He played pretty solidly in St Louis and should make a fine backup (3rd down back if Ricky truly does return).

No offense but there wouldn't have been many running backs who would have survived that shot without injury. That was a very brutal shot. The guy caught 30 passes as a rookie and averaged 4.2ypc in his final year in St Louis playing with that bad heel. L.T. would have looked like crap behind that line at the beginning of the year.

I right there with ya. I'm a big fantasy football player. And, I knew when we acquired him, we might be getting a very good back IF given a decent line and TIME to learn the system.

Frankly, I don't know about you guys.... but I'm pretty psyched about our RB's this year. We've got a D@M! good AND DEEP roster. We know Morris is serviceable, Gordon (when healthy), Brown COULD be a stud, Minor COULD look good as a 3rd down change of pace (AND NOTHING ELSE!), Kay Jay might be one of the undrafted steals and the Dope Dude might provide us with solid depth and potential great plays from time to time (IF ALL GOES WELL!).

I would like to make one statement in Gordon's defense:

For all the fans who ridicule Gordon's PROMISE vs. Gordon's PERFORMANCE.... I surely hope these same fans are not cheering Brown's PROMISE vs. Brown's PERFORMANCE.

Because as of right now: Brown's PERFORMANCE = Gordon's PERFORMANCE with the Saban Regime.

And Brown = 1st Round #2 overall (mega $$$).

While Gordon = 3rd Round (minimum $$$).

A little bit of reality for the double talkers at heart.

byroan said:
He hasn't shown us anything!

True, he hasn't shown us anything. But you can't just look at one side of the picture and claim that you have a proper opinion. What I mean is that lets look at David Boston. He never played one down for him, yet there are some that would like to see him back for the right price. He's injury prone as well.

So in that boat, Boston hasn't shown us one down. Gordon has. Injury prone? Sure. A good trade for a 3rd? Since we haven't seen anything yet, a formal opinion can't be created. Besides, with our Oline last year.....didn't a few others get hurt as well such as a few QB's, etc?

I just say this, I'm neither for nor against anyone one player. But at least I'm willing to let them prove their worth. Just open the camp, then let them show their worth to the Miami Dolphins.

What's really nice having a Gorden/Brown backfield. Who does the defense key on?

NorFlaFin said:
What's really nice having a Gorden/Brown backfield. Who does the defense key on?

From what I have seen watching Minnesota over the past few years, we won't have many 2 back sets.

While the thought is a good one, it appears the defense will only have to worry about 1.

EDIT: While I'm not saying we won't use 2 back sets (short yardage, goal line), I would presume to see mostly 1 back sets between the 20's.

He averaged 1.2 yards per carry for us, that's why. He is not good enough.

fin-atic said:
He averaged 1.2 yards per carry for us, that's why. He is not good enough.

My point exactly!!!! It doesn't matter what kind of line you have when that is all you can average. Did anyone even watch him those 3 games he was with us??? He looked like one scared little puppy!!!! And what does he weigh, 220 lbs,?? Seriously, he got knocked into next year by an undersized free safety who barely weighs 190 lbs, because he wasn't prepared to take the hit!!! Since when are you suppose to be a running back and not be prepared to take a hit!! We have enough RB's without him, release him.

NorthFloridaFin said:
My point exactly!!!! It doesn't matter what kind of line you have when that is all you can average. Did anyone even watch him those 3 games he was with us??? He looked like one scared little puppy!!!! And what does he weigh, 220 lbs,?? Seriously, he got knocked into next year by an undersized free safety who barely weighs 190 lbs, because he wasn't prepared to take the hit!!! Since when are you suppose to be a running back and not be prepared to take a hit!! We have enough RB's without him, release him.

Out of how many efforts? I'm sorry, but with the condition of our Oline last year I simply can't hold what few efforts he got against him. And compared to Ricky....at least he tried instead of give up. But either way, I'm sure Coach will know what to do and when.

Back
Top Bottom