Lamar Gordon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lamar Gordon

phillyphinphan said:
I was really dissapointed in Minor last year. Yeah, I know the line was trash but after a few years of being a respected back up I really thought he was going to take advantage of his golden oppurtunity(sp). Sammy just looked better behind the same putrid line. I thought Minor was going to run a lot tougher/harder than he did last year. If Ricky comes back at 80% of his old self and KJ runs as anticipated, Minor is not a lock to make the team this year. ish, Welker took his spot on SP teams...

hey, I never said minor was god. I just said he would of done just as good. LOL. I think minor and gordon both need to beat feet. Gordon cost a third round pick. I would of just stuck with minor, for that price tag. I would of never given St.Louie back what they paid for him, never. Not when he is benching it. I would of gave them the same as i would of given Philly for Feeley, a late 5th. That was their true value, and if the other teams were unwilling to budge, then I wouldnt deal with them. there are alot of RB's on practice squads that we could of got. There is a reason why they are on the PS, but at the same time, their is a reason why they are on the PS. (meaning, they may not be a good enough guy to make a game roster, but they arent out of football either).

no picks involved, very cheap signee, and just might actually have more ability then a third down turd. but, that takes evaluation skills to know who is out there. i know if Josh Harris is on a PS, then there has got to be a RB worth a shot.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Is it just me, or is there a cycle of very, very redundant threads that get posted and re-posted every few days or so? :lol:

Not trying to be a jerk phinscounter. I'm just saying these times are so slow that we are starting to see the same threads over, and over and over and over...

BTW...Lamar needs to prove it before we can call him a good 1-2 punch. I've never seen a running back hit the hole as slow as Gordon did last year.

What hole did you see for him to hit ?? I didn't see any holes all season...But you are right that he needs to show that he can do the job before we annoint him as the next Lamont Jordan type backup...

LithoMan said:
I was gonna say, dont all you band wagon jumpers get on the dump Gordon bandwagon now. You all wanted that 3rd down turd, now stick with him. "He needs a chance to excel", blah blah blah. Same old rhetoric, different guy. a third round pick, for a 3rd down back. the guy can NOT carry the ball every down. period. And, now that you have come back down to earth, and know he is a third down back, was he worth the 3rd round pick we gave up for him? You ALL thought so, last year. Minor would of done just as good, and he could carry the ball every down.

Funny thing is, Brown runs the same as Gordon. Gordon got put out running that style, and now you know why I say brown will too. "Size em up" Ronnie, goes down for the 10 count. We'll see.....

i think that is getting to be Miami's logo, "The team the back-ups come to, to get their chance to excel, but never pan out, and we get bent in the process of grabbin them." LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.... Too long for a motto, but a damn fine fit!!!

First off, you have no clue whether the people here now are the same ones who wanted Gordon last year. Secondly, assuming some of the people here did want Gordon, they wanted him LAST YEAR, because the little (and I do mean little) talent at RB we had last year was injury-depleted.

Is anyone else tired of this unverified "I told you so" writing style? I sure am. Despite the fact that nothing has been proven one way or the other, let's just assume that Gordon does turn out to be a "turd", AND let's assume you came to the FinHeaven board and put out a big proclamation, such as "YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, GORDON IS A TURD!!!", what are you seeking for this? Are you desperately seeking the approval/props of strangers?

LithoMan said:
hey, I never said minor was god. I just said he would of done just as good. LOL. I think minor and gordon both need to beat feet. Gordon cost a third round pick. I would of just stuck with minor, for that price tag. I would of never given St.Louie back what they paid for him, never. Not when he is benching it. I would of gave them the same as i would of given Philly for Feeley, a late 5th. That was their true value, and if the other teams were unwilling to budge, then I wouldnt deal with them. there are alot of RB's on practice squads that we could of got. There is a reason why they are on the PS, but at the same time, their is a reason why they are on the PS. (meaning, they may not be a good enough guy to make a game roster, but they arent out of football either).

no picks involved, very cheap signee, and just might actually have more ability then a third down turd. but, that takes evaluation skills to know who is out there. i know if Josh Harris is on a PS, then there has got to be a RB worth a shot.

I was'nt trying to imply how you felt about Minor either good or bad. The mentioning of his name sparked me to share my thoughts. Although I don't think of Gordon as a "third down turd" I do believe Speilman f'd up in a big way when he sent a 3rd (our's and not chicago's no less) for someone who was the third running back on the depth chart. I think gordon is a so-so back with a decent upside, but as is the case with Feely it's not so much about the player as it is about HOW MUCH WE PAID to get that player. a comparable player to Gordon could have been gotten for a 4th and a more shrewd GM could have gotten Feely for a third, I understand hindsight is 20/20 and last year's FO was in a desparate situation (thanks Ricky) but patience is a virtue that almost always pays dividends for Football FO's...

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
First off, you have no clue whether the people here now are the same ones who wanted Gordon last year. Secondly, assuming some of the people here did want Gordon, they wanted him LAST YEAR, because the little (and I do mean little) talent at RB we had last year was injury-depleted.

Is anyone else tired of this unverified "I told you so" writing style? I sure am. Despite the fact that nothing has been proven one way or the other, let's just assume that Gordon does turn out to be a "turd", AND let's assume you came to the FinHeaven board and put out a big proclamation, such as "YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, GORDON IS A TURD!!!", what are you seeking for this? Are you desperately seeking the approval/props of strangers?

O yeah, im seeking your approval..... :roflmao:

Someone got hurt feelings..... Nope, I just like rubbing it back in your face like you threw dirt in mine last year, when i told you this about Gordon, THEN! Thank You, play again.

Man it is so great having LithoMan on my ignore list.. Too bad I still have to read what he says when other people quote him though.

phillyphinphan said:
I was'nt trying to imply how you felt about Minor either good or bad. The mentioning of his name sparked me to share my thoughts. Although I don't think of Gordon as a "third down turd" I do believe Speilman f'd up in a big way when he sent a 3rd (our's and not chicago's no less) for someone who was the third running back on the depth chart. I think gordon is a so-so back with a decent upside, but as is the case with Feely it's not so much about the player as it is about HOW MUCH WE PAID to get that player. a comparable player to Gordon could have been gotten for a 4th and a more shrewd GM could have gotten Feely for a third, I understand hindsight is 20/20 and last year's FO was in a desparate situation (thanks Ricky) but patience is a virtue that almost always pays dividends for Football FO's...

EXACTLY!!! I couldnt agree more. I feel Feeley could have been had for even less then a third. I truely believe a patient FO, could have waited, and got Feeley for the 5th.

I was just stating to you, back on your point about not being impressed with Minor, that I agreed. I just felt the cost for Gordon, wasn't equivelant to the price we paid. I can respect your feelings on Gordon. Just my personal feelings on Gordon, he is a third down back. No more, no less. And a 3rd pick for a third down back, is wayyyyyyyy to much, IMO.

LithoMan said:
O yeah, im seeking your approval..... :roflmao:

Someone got hurt feelings..... Nope, I just like rubbing it back in your face like you threw dirt in mine last year, when i told you this about Gordon, THEN! Thank You, play again.

Obviously you are. Why else would you be trying to "rub it back in [my] face"?

BTW, I never posted a thing about Gordon, genius.

Also, I would never throw dirt in your face... I would simply use your face to move the dirt, using you for the tool that you are.

Mod Note: This post gets you 24 hours off to familiarize yourself with the house rules. Derogatory personal comments directed at other members are not allowed.
P4E

LithoMan said:
Good, because I always try to tell people, and then they ridicule me. I like to throw it back in their face, your right about that. if they can dish, so can I.

You are right, i am a "I told you so" type of person, when they ridicule me for stating my opinion. now, is the time for the I told you so. And there it is.

I am sick and tired of giving up way to much, for a speculative player. Was feeley worth the 35th pick in the draft of 05? Was lamar worth that 2nd pick in the 3rd? Were they?

yes, that is Wanny's blunders. But, I have alot to do on the "I told you so" front, next off-season after Sabans first year here. I've taken alot of flack already. Its all good, because I got a great long term memory.

Just curious... Can you give any specific examples where any of your "I told you so" came to pass?

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
Obviously you are. Why else would you be trying to "rub it back in [my] face"?

BTW, I never posted a thing about Gordon, genius.

Also, I would never throw dirt in your face... I would simply use your face to move the dirt, using you for the tool that you are.
:roflmao:

That last line is awesome.

SkapePhin said:
Man it is so great having LithoMan on my ignore list.. Too bad I still have to read what he says when other people quote him though.

I've never had to add anyone to my list before, but this kid really adds nothing to the site. Thanks for the suggestion, SkapePhin.

SkapePhin said:

Sorry I quoted him dude. I was mildly amused at his astute prognostications. I will tune out also.

Back
Top Bottom