***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

He was tagged a week ago now people think he's leaving already?

Aren't the Dolphins scheduled to make some small changes to the UNI's this upcoming 2018/19 season?

I hope this doesn't mean he's gone, that would suck.

Jarvis Landry will be a Dolphin. No one will trade a 2nd round pick and take a 4 year 58M contract. We have time to get a 4 year 50M deal done. Landry going no where.
Cleveland have cap space of $110M and are desperate to get Kirk Cousins as QB. If they can lock up a top NFL receiver like Jarvis, it improves their chances of getting Cousins. Even if they don't get Cousins they can Draft the top QB available.
In addition to the $110M in cash up their sleeve, they also have 5 Draft picks in the first 2 rounds and in Dorahy, they now have a professional GM with NFL experience (the moneyball guys from baseball and Sashi Brown are no longer running the show).
Cleveland can probably afford to pay even more than the $58M over 4 years because they will have to pay a premium to sign top talent. (BTW - $58M over 4 yrs equates to $14.5M per yr, so the Browns would have another $95.5M still available to spend on other players this year). I expect if Jarvis goes anywhere, he will be heading to Cleveland.

Last edited:
His store didn’t have jerseys I don’t believe. It was all his brand, not the NFL’s.

This is true. The more likely scenario is his crappy clothing line went belly up. This article reeked of desperation. There isn’t news, but they really wanted a new article.

Cleveland have cap space of $110M and are desperate to get Kirk Cousins as QB. If they can lock up a top NFL receiver like Jarvis, it improves their chances of getting Cousins. Even if they don't get Cousins they can Draft the top QB available.
In addition to the $110M in cash up their sleeve, they also have 5 Draft picks in the first 2 rounds and in Dorahy, they now have a professional GM with NFL experience (the moneyball guys from baseball and Sashi Brown are no longer running the show).
Cleveland can probably afford to pay even more than the $58M over 4 years because they will have to pay a premium to sign top talent. (BTW - $58M over 4 yrs equates to $14.5M per yr, so the Browns would have another $95.5M still available to spend on other players this year). I expect if Jarvis goes anywhere, he will be heading to Cleveland.

Trade up plus a 2nd? I could do that....

Landry would not play for Cleveland period

Yep look for Tbum to trade him for a 3rd round pick then use that 3rd rounder with our 1st rounder to trade up in the draft for some stud player he loves like a lb or de and the fans on this site goes wild that this one pick is better than peanut butter and jelly and we then get anorher 3 years of threads discussing why we are unlucky. Yep can't wait.

Landry will play anywhere for any team once he gets his money.
How has landry gotten a bad reputation all of sudden? He has been one of the most productive Phins ever and has been an outlet for an offense who can't consistently run the ball or become vertical.

Many feel he was tag so that they could trade him. They had to tag him in order to trade him

Ozzy rules!!
Yes but no one yet knows if he will be traded......including Landry.

Back
Top Bottom