***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

I don’t understand why it’s so unbelievable to some that he may be traded. All season long, all we heard was that we were unlikely to meet his contract demands. And then on the very first day possible, we slap the franchise tag on him, when most teams will try to work out a contract before settling on the tag.

This could go either way, but if I’m putting money in it, Landry will be playing elsewhere

Inside the phinsiders mother's basement...

1e01b500a8c33f0fe940aa4310c89084.jpg

Ok lets think about this...

*His clothing line has been going for at least a year or 2 now right? Is it not a little ironic he does this now? RIGHT after he gets tagged? It could be a coincidence...but the timing alone makes a strong case that it isn't.

*Consider also that he also hasn't said a word about his tag...nothing...you'd think that when the Dolphins informed him of the tag they would have made their intentions to keep him for the next year known. Thus he would say something. Even if they didn't...he hasn't said anything...something is fishy here.

*Responding to 2 other comments - his tiny little eCommerce store and the 3rd world clothing he is buying in bulk with customized stuff on them is CHEAP and he is DEFINITELY making $$$$. So the idea that it isn't successful is absolutely wrong. Also - any changes the team makes to their uniform will have zero impact on his apparel, as its all sporting his own logo with his number, or his name...there is no Miami Dolphins logos on them. No reason to believe this has anything to do with it.

So considering the timing, the fact that he hasn't said anything about his tag since it happened, the fact that his online store was certainly a success, and the fact that any changes to the Dolphins uniform would not have any impact on his brand..........

There is no other conclusion to draw here.

******(EDIT: I thought his website was totally down...I'm confused. shop.jarvislandry.com is still up. What was jarvislandry.com?)

In any case...look at his pricing. The one item that just SCREAMS MIAMI DOLPHINS is the wrist bands (bright orange and teal) and they're marked down from $10 to $1!!!!!!! That's way, way more of a lockdown than the rest.

Last edited:
Ok lets think about this...

*His clothing line has been going for at least a year or 2 now right? Is it not a little ironic he does this now? RIGHT after he gets tagged? It could be a coincidence...but the timing alone makes a strong case that it isn't.

*Consider also that he also hasn't said a word about his tag...nothing...you'd think that when the Dolphins informed him of the tag they would have made their intentions to keep him for the next year known. Thus he would say something. Even if they didn't...he hasn't said anything...something is fishy here.

*Responding to 2 other comments - his tiny little eCommerce store and the 3rd world clothing he is buying in bulk with customized stuff on them is CHEAP and he is DEFINITELY making $$$$. So the idea that it isn't successful is absolutely wrong. Also - any changes the team makes to their uniform will have zero impact on his apparel, as its all sporting his own logo with his number, or his name...there is no Miami Dolphins logos on them. No reason to believe this has anything to do with it.

So considering the timing, the fact that he hasn't said anything about his tag since it happened, the fact that his online store was certainly a success, and the fact that any changes to the Dolphins uniform would not have any impact on his brand..........

There is no other conclusion to draw here.

******(EDIT: I thought his website was totally down...I'm confused. shop.jarvislandry.com is still up. What was jarvislandry.com?)

In any case...look at his pricing. The one item that just SCREAMS MIAMI DOLPHINS is the wrist bands (bright orange and teal) and they're marked down from $10 to $1!!!!!!! That's way, way more of a lockdown than the rest.

You might be right but your logic is off. The stuff is cheap so he's definitely making money? Don't think it works like that. People still need to buy it.

Yes but no one yet knows if he will be traded......including Landry.
I know. I'm just saying that if they wanted to trade him then they had to tag him first. They couldn't trade him without placing the tag on him first

Ozzy rules!!

Wow let’s trade the best draft pick we’ve had in the last 10 years. Makes pro bowl 3 out of 4 years. Brings it every game. Guys are worried about paying him 2 to 3 mil over what he’s worth. SMH

How has landry gotten a bad reputation all of sudden? He has been one of the most productive Phins ever and has been an outlet for an offense who can't consistently run the ball or become vertical.
Two things here. First, anyone saying he'll go where he can get the money he wants doesn't mean he has a bad reputation. 99.9% of the players will play anywhere for the right price.

2nd, what you said about him being an "outlet" for the running game. That's what he's been. Pretty much an extension of the running game so now I ask you. Would you pay a RB 8mill a year let alone 15mill? He's a good #2 slot WR that wants to get pay like a true #1 which he is not. Would love to keep him but not as the number 1 that he thinks he is

Ozzy rules!!

It was the responsible thing to do for the organization ... no matter how it works out.

I am impassioned either way, whether we keep him for a year or trade him now ... i’m Totally guessing - but from attitude perspective, I believe this organization views him much in the same vain as JA (without the knee problems mind you). Some similar, some different...

They also found out that losing JA did not matter much ... not saying that the same would happen with JL ... but you can see potentially where the organization stands.

I struggled a bit by I am willing to give Gase a backing for what he wants/needs to do. Some other posters changed my mind a bit saying we have been bad and we should support the coach who may be something special, if not we've been there before.

That said, if Gase believes Landry is like jtrain then get him out but heres why i digress from blind faith...we better get something good for him. We just cant give away our players for a bag of chips because Gase doesn't like their attitude or things of that nature. I also have my senses aware that our best players all seem to have an attitude and if Gase can't deal with that then that is a problem, time will tell.

You might be right but your logic is off. The stuff is cheap so he's definitely making money? Don't think it works like that. People still need to buy it.

Are you serious? I was making bank with my eCommerce store and we relied SOLELY on random Google searches. There is probably 1 MILLION Miami Dolphin fans (nation and world wide) that could easily stumble upon it by searching Google...that alone would get him traffic. But forget that...he would post on social media all the time about his products. Based on some of his special marketing campaigns, in which he would give away a free item when a certain number of sales were made (he'd give them away to like "Buyer #25" etc...and they'd win like 2 days later...he was probably making easily 100 sales a month, maybe several hundred sales...and that is being CONSERVATIVE on the estimate.

So if we assume that the above is within reason...do you know how unbelievably cheap it is to develop/manage an eCommerce store? Were talking a couple hundred dollars to build/implement everything. So then his costs are the products themselves...and they were no doubt from a 3rd world country and he was buying in bulk so they were massively discounted. Lets not forget that he has connections....he was getting a damn good deal and from a legit supplier. Based on what I know from my own business and buying products in the relative 100's in quantity, and based on his retail prices....I'd say he was spending approx. $7-10 average per shirt, and $20 average per jacket/sweater, etc. His retail prices suggested a clean 3-1 on his money.

So not making money? My extremely conservative estimates show him making approximately $10,000-$30,000 per month revenue. And since he had barely any startup costs, and probably had a family member or friend managing it....he was making enough to probably buy an average car each month.

...his website was certainly profitable. He doesn't do what he is doing without there being a very serious reason.

The only argument I can come up with at this point against what I've been saying is that "He just got a FAT $16 million payday" (essentially) ...so perhaps he has quit the website because making money is no longer a worry for him?

But I still wouldn't buy that. People who have this kind of money create businesses as an investment. They do it and dedicate it for something (e.g. his children's education, or to pass it on to the kids, give it to their family to run so they "earn" their money he pays them to live a better life, etc. These are just examples.

I seriously doubt he would get rid of it because of a payday either.

Last edited:
I honestly just find it hard to believe that any team is going to give up a good draft pick for a guy who wants to be paid over $15m annually.

Back
Top Bottom