***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

How has landry gotten a bad reputation all of sudden? He has been one of the most productive Phins ever and has been an outlet for an offense who can't consistently run the ball or become vertical.
How is this a bad reputation? Landry/Agent has made it clear this is the kind of contract he is looking for (14million & up per year) he has refused to take a home town discount to stay, what other possible conclusion can we possibly come to? Remember, the Dolphins are a team known for paying their players to play, given that history, I find it hard to believe that the Dolphins might have low balled him.

I’m thinking miamis offered him 4 and 48 and he’s balked

Which frankly he should

If they offered him 10 mil per then there’d be no reason for dialogue on juices agents part.

Cause that would be a joke

Landry is a guy who Comes with risk. His antics will cost you 15 yards almost every game. He also has shown he will start fights and get ejected. Buyer beware. Wonder how he will do when he isn't force fed 175 targets a year

Which frankly he should

If they offered him 10 mil per then there’d be no reason for dialogue on juices agents part.

12 million is what you just said. 4 for 48. That is more then generous for a guy who isn't an alpha

12mill should be more than enough but he wants a whole lot more. I don't blame him for wanting more but I hope the FO don't do it.

Ozzy rules!!

Financially, Miami needs to get its house in order. If you look at the cap and a team's winning percentage, a responsible team should try to have on the field return for investment.

We have jettisoned leadership and other intangibles for talent and promise. And unfortunately, we've also awarded bloated contacts to players who didn't play for us previously or for 1 year (contract year) results.

We need to stop allowing ourselves to get duped by players demanding high salaries for mediocre results. We also need to stop rewarding bad behavior.

I liked Juice early in his career. But I'm starting to see a trajectory that mimics OBJ's behavior. Frankly, I have no time for mouth pieces and players that constantly run their mouth about crap that doesn't matter.

Juice has proven to be a hot head recently. And I don't see any respect for the team leadership to knock that $%^& off. Play with fire, motivate and be a spark plug. But when you consistently go above and beyond with penalties and grandstanding, see ya. You're not being a leader when you do that. And I'm definitely not paying for a head case that needs to be reeled in from the media.

If he wants more money, than he should have played like a mature player who CAN control his fire and direct it to the good of the team. "Me" can play elsewhere. "We" can play here.

We spent nearly our entire cap last year and what do we have to show for it? Mismanagement.

Punks can walk. Players can stay.

Really enjoyed watching juice play. BUT his last couple of antics including walking off the field is a big NO! NO! in my book. You're a leader and you don't do that kinda crap. EVER!!

I have no doubts that teams have already tampered here

What do you mean by teams have already tampered here?

He has a non-exclusive, not exclusive tag placed on him. He and his agent cant strike a deal with any of the 31 other teams.

Landry is a guy who Comes with risk. His antics will cost you 15 yards almost every game.

That's NOT accurate
Last season he had only "2" penalties for 15 yards,
both for Unsportsmanlike Conduct

2 does not make "almost every game"

His other penalties were
Offensive pass interference for 10 yards
Offensive holding for 10 yards
Illegal block above the waist 10 yards
for a grand total of 60 yards in penalties

5 players had more penalty yards than Landry and
another 2 would have if they played a full season.
Bushrod 60 penalty yards (58% of the offensive snaps)
D.Godchaux with 55 yards (48% of the defensive snaps)

He was also called for illegal formation that was declined
and disqualification which was offset

Penalties were a huge problem this past season but lets not make Landry
the scapegoat here

What do you mean by teams have already tampered here?

He has a non-exclusive, not exclusive tag placed on him. He and his agent cant strike a deal with any of the 31 other teams.

Once said deal is struck and the Dolphins don't match, Landry would go to that team and that team
would owe us 2 first round draft picks.(In reality NO team in it's right mind would pay Landry plus give up 2 #1 picks

Or Miami can work out a deal for lesser value instead of 2 first round picks

I'm sure teams and Landry's agent have or will have conversations about "What would it take" salary wise to sign Landry
All teams have to do is sit back and wait till salary cap strapped Dolphins release Landry. While this might start a bidding war it would be better than "paying Landry" plus two 1st round picks.

Then Miami might just want/have to keep Landry around and pay him the $16 + million this season

That $10 million we blew on Cutler continues to bite us in the ass

OK, I guess I understand now.. I went back to 2008 and found that Jared Allen was in fact tagged by the Chiefs in Feb of that year and then in April, he was traded to the Vikings for a 1st and 2 thirds. So i guess teams can take less, i just could not think of a player it happened to. I know none of last years tagged guys were eventually traded. They all either signed or played out their one year contract . Thanks for the help in understanding the rule.

Which frankly he should

12 mill per year and he should balk? c'mon man that is a more than fair offer.

Back
Top Bottom