***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

Once said deal is struck and the Dolphins don't match, Landry would go to that team and that team
would owe us 2 first round draft picks.(In reality NO team in it's right mind would pay Landry plus give up 2 #1 picks

Or Miami can work out a deal for lesser value instead of 2 first round picks

I'm sure teams and Landry's agent have or will have conversations about "What would it take" salary wise to sign Landry
All teams have to do is sit back and wait till salary cap strapped Dolphins release Landry. While this might start a bidding war it would be better than "paying Landry" plus two 1st round picks.

Then Miami might just want/have to keep Landry around and pay him the $16 + million this season

That $10 million we blew on Cutler continues to bite us in the ***
Regardless of the 10mill we used on Cutler, there's no way we should be paying Landry 16mill just to keep him for one season. There's nothing to gain there when you know you'll still lose him the next year. They will either trade him or they will take the tag off imo

Ozzy rules!!

I hear the Eagles are willing to give us a conditional 5th rounder for him.

:biggrin

Regardless of the 10mill we used on Cutler, there's no way we should be paying Landry 16mill just to keep him for one season. There's nothing to gain there when you know you'll still lose him the next year. They will either trade him or they will take the tag off imo

Ozzy rules!!

Did I say pay him $16 million?
My point, if you read my post was that he was not the penalty machine
that some have said he was this past season

He sold all of his Dolphins merchandise for the low, and now his website is down for a re-design with his new team's colors/design. This is an obvious one. Can't believe it but looks like it's happening.

Can't wait to see Grant and Carroo as starters when DVP inevitably gets hurt. Gonna be an ugly season.

Landry leaving takes my excitement away from even the draft. I won't give a ****, really. This team will suck and be boring.

There are principals involved for me here too. It's even more painful that Kiko, Branch, and Stills (to a lesser extent, but definitely overpaid if Landry's asking price is an overpay) were paid what they were and "taken care of" last offseason.

Without Kiko and Branch, two pointless wastes of roster spots, we would be able to re-sign Landry and more.

He sold all of his Dolphins merchandise for the low, and now his website is down for a re-design with his new team's colors/design. This is an obvious one. Can't believe it but looks like it's happening.

Can't wait to see Grant and Carroo as starters when DVP inevitably gets hurt. Gonna be an ugly season.

Landry leaving takes my excitement away from even the draft. I won't give a ****, really. This team will suck and be boring.

The team sucked with Landry.

I'm still confused. What is the difference between shop.jarvislandry.com and jarvislandry.com??? The first one is still up...so his products are still for sale at the discounted rate. What was the other website that the guy tweeted about being down? I don't remember it.

Almost all of the items in his bargain bin arent Dolphins related. Sounds like its just a sale, unrelated to any potential trades.

Jarvis Landry will be a Dolphin. No one will trade a 2nd round pick and take a 4 year 58M contract. We have time to get a 4 year 50M deal done. Landry going no where.

Why yes, yes they will.

A team that already has a top 10 defense and has a young cheap quarterback.

A team that is projected to have near 80 mil in cap room when done releasing and trading players.

A team with arguably the worst WR corps in the league.

A team called the Chicago Bears.

In what universe are the majority of second round picks going to match Landry's production? It's amazing how Landry still hasn't sold both the front office and many people on this thread. The dude is not only one of the most gifted receivers in the game, he proved this year that he's also QB proof. Just pay him and move on with building a team around him.

In what universe are the majority of second round picks going to match Landry's production? It's amazing how Landry still hasn't sold both the front office and many people on this thread. The dude is not only one of the most gifted receivers in the game, he proved this year that he's also QB proof. Just pay him and move on with building a team around him.

He’s nowhere near one of the most gifted receivers in the game.

He's short and slow. Doesn't qualify

DVP is tall(ish) and fast -- look how he turned out. Anyway, height isn't much of a factor for slot receivers. And if there's one consistent theme you look at with this modern patriots dynasty, it's that they seemingly always have had an amazing slot receiver. Edelmen, Welker, those guys will always be a more important component to their success than some big prototype WR thats speedy and tall.

Back
Top Bottom