***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Landry Contract/Trade/Speculation Thread***

I'm just commenting on the gifted portion. He isn't very gifted

For 10 million Jarvis could have missed all of last season and still resigned with the phins and for 12 million played for half the season and still got the 12 million from another team in FA. Why because he produced great numbers for 3 years before that. In fact if Jarvis was smart and in it just for the money he probably should have done just that faked a injury to get through a season with a lame duck QB and not risk the chance of getting hurt. So for the 14 million he is probably willing to sign for and the 12 million most fans might be happy resigning him for the next 4 years you might ask yourself was his performance last year worth 8 million plus whatever he got paid on his rookie contract? Or would you as a fan been just as happy if he had not played a down last year and resigned Jarvis for 10 million a year for a 2 year prove it contract. How much is Jarvis playing time last year worth to you as a fan. Its all about last year not this year is what the Jarvis camp is saying.

Almost all of the items in his bargain bin arent Dolphins related. Sounds like its just a sale, unrelated to any potential trades.

Dude...he literally has like 30 items total and only like 2 of them are Dolphins related...

Are you just completely in denial or ..?

The biggest clue? The wrist bands that were priced at $10 and are now dropped to ONE FRIGGIN DOLLAR. Hes trying to GIVE them away.

Landry is a guy who Comes with risk. His antics will cost you 15 yards almost every game. He also has shown he will start fights and get ejected. Buyer beware. Wonder how he will do when he isn't force fed 175 targets a year

This is something others don't seem to want to acknowledge. He thrived in our system because he was forced fed. If he goes to a team with reasonable talent and everyone gets to touch the ball. How will he react to getting 1/2 the targets?

What i see of the player tells me he's not going to be happy with that. Even if the team is winning!

Why yes, yes they will.

A team that already has a top 10 defense and has a young cheap quarterback.

A team that is projected to have near 80 mil in cap room when done releasing and trading players.

A team with arguably the worst WR corps in the league.

A team called the Chicago Bears.

A young QB is the last person you want to expose to a personality like Juice. You need a vet to tell him to shut his mouth and the ball will come to you if the progression dictates or I prefer that matchup.

Is it possible that the Ravens swing a trade with the Miami Dolphins for wide receiver Jarvis Landry?

Sure. Reports indicate that the Dolphins are plenty willing to move the productive receiver despite already using the franchise tag on him. The Ravens, who spoke to Miami about a potential Landry trade last offseason but found the Dolphins’ asking price to be prohibitive, figure to be interested. However, the first challenge would be making an offer that works for the Dolphins when the Ravens don’t have a ton of assets to deal. The second problem would be agreeing to a long-term contract extension with Landry, who reportedly wants to make north of $14 million per year. I wouldn’t rule a trade out, but it would be quite challenging for the Ravens to pull off.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-mailbag-20180223-story.html

The challenge is finding out a team willing to give up assets and pay him. Miami doesn't have to worry about the assets part since he is in house

The other question is, what is the Dolphins asking price? The Ravens might be willing to part with a second round pick, or a second and a fourth or fifth, but paying Landry north of 14 and giving up a first........too rich for even a desperate team.

Landry will have suitors that are willing to go north of 14 and trade a second for him or he'll realize real quick he's not getting north of 14 and it's my belief will take less and probably go to another team regardless. I think there is a bit of friction between management and him and all things being equal he'll bolt especially if it's a good team. That being said if there are no suitors in his range, I think he'll sign here for a decent amount and play like he usually does. I think the most likely scenario is that he'll settle in the 14 to 15 range with a large amount guaranteed and he'll be off to another team who gives us a second.

Not sure about planned cuts but the Ravens don't have much cap space currently

If the Ravens tried to trade for him they already are well aware what type of contract he wanted - so the only real consideration is what they would be willing to give up and what MIA would accept.

I know most on this site believe that Landry will get his money north of 14 mill, but I just don't see a team doing that, not even the Browns.

Hmm, a physical, tough franchise that owns Miami on the field wants perhaps Miami’s most physical and tough player? No red flags there.

He’d kick ass in Baltimore. His personality fits that team perfectly.

Baltimore has 13.6 million in cap space currently. I don’t know what moves they need to make to get in better shape.

Back
Top Bottom