Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

a contender will give up a 2 for Landry if Miami puts him out there and that's the price.

Although gase is gonna lose some credibility in that locker room if it does happen.

To draft this guy with a late 2 and only get a late 2 return in trade given his production is clown shoes.

I'd be very worried if the FO weren't 'seriously listening' to trade offers for every single guy on the roster. What does he mean "The Dolphins are not going to re-sign" him? How can he possibly know that? If he decided he wants to come back for $7m he'd be re-signed this afternoon.

Landry is probably my favourite player for the last 15 years but assuming some of these rumours around top 5 WR money demands are true, I actually don't think exploring trades is a terrible idea. If we control him not going to an AFC East team (well the Pats), get an OG/CB/LB back on a team friendly contract and maybe a pick I think we'd be better off.

I don't actually believe this to be true though. I think Landry and the FO are closer than this insinuates and that this rumour has probably been leaked intentionally by either party to try and gain traction in the negotiations.

We let Welker go for a draft pick, and it bit us in the rear. In fact, that ankle-biter was the gift that kept biting. I hope we don't do it again.

That being said, I have always thought Gase wanted a more TE-centric setup with a big fast TE as a seam threat rather than a marquee intermediate route slot guy. Now, Jarvis is good ... very good. But, he's never going to be a seam threat, and while he blocks darn well for a WR, he's not the same sort of blocker against a blitz or at the LOS in the run game. So, I'm not really shocked if we are seriously listening to offers.

It's kind of a no-brainer. You keep your good players and you build around them. Jarvis is one of those guys. While draft picks are like gold, good players are like platinum and diamonds. They're hard to find and even harder to acquire, so don't let them slip away.

Would be insane to trade him. God forbid we have the best young WR core in the league for a few years.

The best WR core in the NFL means nothing if we have no money left to upgrade our line or defense.

Can't pay everyone, and a slot receiver isn't the one to spend top 10 money on

We don't know everything that is going on, what if Landry's agent said he want's top 5 WR money and team said no. The agent could have said please explore trading him then. I'm not saying that's the case but we just don't know.

One thing's for sure if we pay Landry you have a lot of money invested in the WR position. If Parker does develop, still an if, you have to pay Parker.

In a pass happy league, having talent and depth at wide receiver isn't such a bad thing. If Parker comes through, which I think he will, the team could trade Stills to fit in a big contract for Landry. Grant could possibly provide some of what Stills does.

I get what you are saying, though. There's certainly a point where if the money is too high you've got to look at all the possibilities. That said, I hope the two sides can come together with a contract that works. Slot or not, Landry's numbers over his first few seasons are unreal and if he stays healthy and continues at that pace we could be talking a Hall of Fame career.

Just the fact that this is even on the internet is a slap in the face to Juice. I hope that this in't true.

Juice should be the next Nat Moore - Fin for life...

Ross has deep pockets, so pay the man.

The defense doesn't suck because we can't pay anyone, it's just that we haven't drafted any damn linebackers worth a damn since Zach.

Last edited:
Listening doesn't mean he's on the trade block. If a team offers a kings randsom, of course you "listen".

I see a lot of talk on here about how "loaded" we are at WR. The only reason you can even begin to consider calling out group that is because Landry is on the roster. Without him, it's mediocre at best. The only reason our other WRs have a chance to shine is because defenses have to constantly worry about the middle of the field thanks to Landry.

Behind him, what exactly do we have? Stills, a great deep threat and a good #2? Parker, a guy with all the tools, but who still hasn't proven he can stay healthy? Carroo and Grant, guys that half this board we're ready to cut prior to a couple nice plays in the preseason? Thomas and Fasano, two old TEs whose best years are behind them? Without Landry, this whole offense would fall apart. Limitations or not, he's the only proven star for a reason.

Even for a 1st it would be questionable, but a 2nd would be a travesty. We can always franchsie him next year too, it's not like it's now or never.

I see a lot of talk on here about how "loaded" we are at WR. The only reason you can even begin to consider calling out group that is because Landry is on the roster. Without him, it's mediocre at best. The only reason our other WRs have a chance to shine is because defenses have to constantly worry about the middle of the field thanks to Landry.

Behind him, what exactly do we have? Stills, a great deep threat and a good #2? Parker, a guy with all the tools, but who still hasn't proven he can stay healthy? Carroo and Grant, guys that half this board we're ready to cut prior to a couple nice plays in the preseason? Thomas and Fasano, two old TEs whose best years are behind them? Without Landry, this whole offense would fall apart. Limitations or not, he's the only proven star for a reason.

Even for a 1st it would be questionable, but a 2nd would be a travesty. We can always franchsie him next year too, it's not like it's now or never.

Any pick is a travesty. You don't trade young proven commodities for picks unless you are absolutely sure you will lose him in free agency and that isn't possible for at least another year. This rumor is more conjecture than anything else I presume.

I'd want a proven NFL talent. I don't think you give up Juice and HOPE to hit in a draft pick.

I 100% agree with this, even if the conventional wisdom seems to value draft picks over proven guys for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom