Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th

I'm still watching all my Olympic curling tapes but I'll break away long enough to laugh at Jarvis Landry.

Reminds me of that song lyric, "It's so nice to have you gone where you belong..."

I couldn't have picked a finer destination for the jittery little tough guy. I'm sure the Steelers and Ravens defenders will enjoy uprooting and standing over him multiple times per season.

Now we can allow Tannehill to actually look downfield without the sloth ruining so many designs via his presence alone.

BTW, kudos to whoever fixed this site. I can finally log in again and actually view/post.

Ice cubes in hell and all that -- I'm actually agreeing with Awsi. May g*d have mercy on my soul...

The cycle continues. Draft poorly, develop few. The few we develop we lose to free agency or trade. Replace with aging over priced vets. Rinse and repeat.

The fair market value is set by Tannenbaum. If he trades Landry for a 6th then that’s what Landry’s market value is. If the Browns only offered a 4th (below market value), then Tannenbaum can always say no. There needs to be mutual assent to establish market value.

All you have to do is ask this - does this trade make us better? If the answer is no, don’t make the trade. For a 4th, I’d rather make Landry play 2018 on the tag and risk losing him in 2019. A 4th is garbage return for someone that’s been so productive for us. The NFL is about acquiring and retaining talent. When is this idiot GM going to figure that out.

uh, no. The fair market is set by all 31 other teams. We can set whatever price we want. If no one bites, then the price didn't clear and it wasn't the correct price. If the Browns offered a 4th and we took it, then by definition, it was the fair market price.

Now, you might not like that price. Or you might have thought that we should have kept Landry because he was worth more than that price. But that doesn't change the fact that the MARKET spoke loud and clear.

Dumping talent because of the cap is a BS excuse. Negotiating a long term contract with Landry could actually lower our cap. I’d look at dumping James’ $9M contract before I trade away my most productive offensive player. If you really want to get down into the weeds with cap, there are plenty of opportunities for us to get under the cap without making us a worse team.

Really? How would that work exactly. Apparently we made a long term offer and Landry rejected it.

I don’t know about the Campbell comment, but I completely agree on the Gase issue. We ripped Philbin for getting rid of players who had too much of voice, or didn’t fit his idea of the perfect player who didn’t litter in the locker room.

Gase seems to be in the same mold. It’s easier to get rid of guys he has a problem with, rather than to work on fixing the problem.

Exactly how long is a coach supposed to work on getting a player to tow the line? HCs all seem to be on a 3 year plan. The NFL is a WIN NOW league. Any coach who gives a non-super star player more than the current/one season won't last as a HC.

Don't blame the player, blame the game. Gase was playing by the rules he has no control over. If what we were reading about Ajayi and Landry was right, then the team was 100% correct for getting rid of them. Period.

What was Landry making on his rookie deal, $800K? If we extended him last year at $11 per for 4 years, that’s $44 million. If we extended him this year at say $16 million for 4 more years, that’s call it $65 million over 5 years when you count 2017 on his rookie deal. That’s $13 per. Don’t count that last year which probably would have had an out, and you’re at $12.25 for 4 years. You sign him at that cost!!

At the end of the day, poor cap planning and us being cheap with an all star receiver and the face of our franchise caused us to fall flat here. What a shame.

Sounds like that's the ballpark of the offer the team made and Landry said no. You can't make him sign a deal if he thinks he can get more on the open market.

Who is going to replace those 100 behind the LOS screens and 7 yard gains? That's what I want to know! :)

Exactly how long is a coach supposed to work on getting a player to tow the line? HCs all seem to be on a 3 year plan. The NFL is a WIN NOW league. Any coach who gives a non-super star player more than the current/one season won't last as a HC.

Don't blame the player, blame the game. Gase was playing by the rules he has no control over. If what we were reading about Ajayi and Landry was right, then the team was 100% correct for getting rid of them. Period.

One coach's trash is another coach's treasure. When I start hearing the Browns complaining about Landry or the Eagles complaining about Ajayi, and looking to get rid of them, then maybe I'll buy into this garbage. All I know is that Ajayi got the ball in 2016 and drove this team to a playoff spot. Gase had no problem feeding him the ball when it was working. I would also say that I have a hard time believing that a guy who catches 100 balls a year doesn't know the offense. And if that's case, then why not bench him?

Sounds like that's the ballpark of the offer the team made and Landry said no. You can't make him sign a deal if he thinks he can get more on the open market.
What we offfered Landry this offseason was not enough, but point is if we offered him this or even a tad less last offseason he could have signed the extension and we would keep a key draft pick that actually worked out for us.

Remember a player like Landry wants to be respected and paid. We offer it last offseason and he likely bites to avoide the injury risk of his fourth year.

What we offfered Landry this offseason was not enough, but point is if we offered him this or even a tad less last offseason he could have signed the extension and we would keep a key draft pick that actually worked out for us.

Remember a player like Landry wants to be respected and paid. We offer it last offseason and he likely bites to avoide the injury risk of his fourth year.

This is 100% true. But these clowns were convinced that Parker was about to have a monster year in 2017, so they didn't want to commit to paying Landry.

However there's also a chance if they offered him that deal he might have turned it down too, if he figured he would get a lot more this season. I'm just saying we can't assume Landry, or any player, would have signed an offer last season. Do we really know what they offered him last year when the two sides could not agree on a deal?

Well it's over, move on. However, now that you will have to get the ball down the field to Stills and Parker and thus need more time to do that,..................they better fix the damned O line!

Wasn’t it rumored that the Bears (and maybe one other team) were offering a 2nd round pick around the trade deadline last year?

If there’s even a glimmer of truth to that, then I can’t think of a worse indictment on the disturbing decision-making of this front office. This one will sting for a long time.

you're absolutely right -- money and salary cap shouldn't figure into this equation at all.....

Of course it does. But it's not like Landry just broke out and caught us by surprise, or that the rest of our cap space is all tied up in superior players.

Back
Top Bottom