Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry traded to Browns for 2018 4th 2019 7th

Who drew up those short patterns and WR screens on 3rd and 8? Not Landry.

It’s not like Jarvis ran into the huddle and is like, “No, scratch that play. This is what we’re gonna do - throw me a bubble screen on 3rd and long the whole game!”

The players execute the calls that the coach sends into the huddle. I’m not seeing how that is Jarvis Landry’s fault, but moreso vanilla and unimaginative design by Adam Gase.

It was stated last season that Gase had to dumb down the playbook because players weren’t learning it. There were multiple times Landry ran the wrong routes and was constantly being corrected at the LOS on where to be lined up. No offense, but none of us have the whole story on the decisions that led to the departure of Landry.

However there's also a chance if they offered him that deal he might have turned it down too, if he figured he would get a lot more this season. I'm just saying we can't assume Landry, or any player, would have signed an offer last season. Do we really know what they offered him last year when the two sides could not agree on a deal?

You're definitely too smart and logical for this place. Everyone keeps assuming Dolphins management are a bunch of hacks and didn't try to sign him to a long contract earlier.

Questions: How do they know that?

Answer: They don't and are pulling it from their $$%^

Also, IMO, it was in Landry's best option to wait out. Because likely the Dolphins were offering somewhere around $9-$12M, earlier. I'm guessing he and his agent sat down and figured they could easily get that much now or later. By waiting until later they could get more.

It paid off. They got $16M so far and likely will be getting at least $13M per season.

He got corrected maybe twice at the los. They came out of the huddle one time early he lined up on the wrong side of the formation he got shifted over didn’t effect anything.

Another time we had to call a time out cause we came out late in the play clock and he lined up wrong.

So in total we burned one time out and that was more to do with the late play clock really than anything else

Much ado about nothing really

It was stated last season that Gase had to dumb down the playbook because players weren’t learning it. There were multiple times Landry ran the wrong routes and was constantly being corrected at the LOS on where to be lined up. No offense, but none of us have the whole story on the decisions that led to the departure of Landry.

#Facts

Everyone wants to act like Landry is the GODSON. He's not and he was one of the people called out along with Ajayi for not studying enough and knowing their assignments.

You're definitely too smart and logical for this place. Everyone keeps assuming Dolphins management are a bunch of hacks and didn't try to sign him to a long contract earlier.

Also, IMO, it was in Landry's best option to wait out. Because likely the Dolphins were offering somewhere around $9-$12M, earlier. I'm guessing he and his agent sat down and figured they could easily get that much now or later. By waiting until later they could get more.

It paid off. They got $16M so far and likely will be getting at least $13M per season.
The play was to trade him at the dead line... they didnt... Fine. But right now, its Landry and is agent that screwed everyone including themselves...

The play was to trade him at the dead line... they didnt... Fine. But right now, its Landry and is agent that screwed everyone including themselves...

How? They likely weren't going to get $16M in a long-term contract. Now they have and they will have the option of getting at the very minimum what they were going to get from the Dolphins from the Browns. Also, they could decline a "low" long-term contract and either get tagged again which I assume is for more money or get released to FA next season and make as much or more.

So from a $$$$ standpoint how have they lost?

Calls out people for pulling stuff out their rear and then promptly in same post even pulls numbers out of his rear with 9 to 12 mil

Solid

Something to think about..
View attachment 11188

I’m (apparently) one of the few who believes that Landry actually handcuffed our offense. It seemed like Gase had to manufacture ways to get him the gall ie bubble screens and short routes. While I’m not happy with the compensation, others have pointed out with great logic that we weren’t going to get any better without a contract in place. So it is what it is and hopefully the offense looks night and day different without catering to our slot receiver.

Calls out people for pulling stuff out their rear and then promptly pulls numbers out of his rear with 9 to 12 mil

Solid

#reading fundamentals

Everything I wrote was from an opinion perspective in thought and wording. A big difference from the Dolphins DIDN'T blah blah blah...$#%$ poster are throwing around.

I’m (apparently) one of the few who believes that Landry actually handcuffed our offense. It seemed like Gase had to manufacture ways to get him the gall ie bubble screens and short routes. While I’m not happy with the compensation, others have pointed out with great logic that we weren’t going to get any better without a contract in place. So it is what it is and hopefully the offense looks night and day different without catering to our slot receiver.

I can get the screens stuff but those were just about all rpo built ins. And Landry was out best rac and thru contact option which when your goal is to maintain the sticks by gaining 4 yards out of makes him the primary option for them.

But the route concepts from the slot are slot ask routes and he was the primary sticks concept route runner on the team.

And for the latter he was exceptional at it. Maybe Christian Kirk can replace the sticks/option route concept ask from the slot or maybe we get away from the 2 way go concept slot ask period

How? They likely weren't going to get $16M in a long-term contract. Now they have and they will have the option of getting at the very minimum what they were going to get from the Dolphins from the Browns. Also, they could decline a "low" long-term contract and either get tagged again which I assume is for more money or get released to FA next season and make as much or more.

So from a $$$$ standpoint how have they lost?
Landry doesnt want to play on the tag, he wants a long term deal... He basically ****ed himself because he now finds himself on a team he doesnt want to play for long term...

#reading fundamentals

Everything I wrote was from an opinion perspective in thought and wording. A big difference from the Dolphins DIDN'T blah blah blah...$#%$ poster are throwing around.

No you pulled it out your ass. Banged posters for making assumptions and then you made one

They offered him $13 mil and drew a line in the sand which is fine but let’s not sit here and act like the guy was too dumb or catches 100 balls not knowing the offense

You don’t offer a guy $13 mil per if you don’t want to keep him and value him as a player.

Last edited:
Landry to me was like the 20 point hole in skeet-ball. Sure thing that will constantly get you something, but hard to win the big prize. Not worth dumping a lot of money if you are only getting 20 points a pop!
As an arcade owner, you are correct sir! Got to to hit that 50 often and a 100 pointer on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom